1) Electromagnetic fields.
2) Optical sensors and imaging systems.
3) Statistical physics of microstructures.
4) Renewable energy resources.
- 2019. Triboelectric proximity and contact detection using soft planar spiral electrodes . Smart materials and structures (Print). 9 pages.
- 2019. The influence of microscale surface roughness on water-droplet contact electrification. Langmuir. 8268-8275.
- 2019. Nanostructures and wetting properties controlled by reactive ion etching of fluorinated ethylene propylene. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. 228-238.
- 2019. Modelling supercapacitors using a dynamic equivalent circuit with a distribution of relaxation times. Journal of Energy Storage. 7 pages.
- 2018. Simple fabrication of a multiwall carbon nanotube – elastomer composite with a rough surface and its application in force sensing. Microelectronic Engineering. 106-113.
- 2018. Interdigitated electrodes based on liquid metal encapsulated in elastomer as capacitive sensors and triboelectric nanogenerators. Nano Energy. 266-272.
- 2018. Electrical impedance spectroscopy of multiwall carbon nanotube–PDMS composites under compression. Materials Research Express. 1-11.
- 2017. Visualisation of charge dynamics when water droplets move off a hydrophobic surface. European journal of physics. 1-8.
- 2017. Optical force sensing principle based on transparent elastomer with a rough surface. Sensors and Actuators A-Physical. 667-676.
- 2017. How to make a soft, rough surface transparent. Physics Education.
- 2017. Evaluation of the energy generation potential of rain cells. Energy. 472-482.
- 2016. Triboelectric motion sensor combined with electromagnetic induction energy harvester. Sensors and Actuators A-Physical. 66-72.
- 2016. Hydrophobic polymer covered by a grating electrode for converting the mechanical energy of water droplets into electrical energy. Smart materials and structures (Print). 12 pages.
- 2016. Fluorinated ethylene propylene thin film for water droplet energy harvesting. Renewable Energy. 845-851.
- 2016. Electrical energy harvesting from water droplets passing a hydrophobic polymer with a metal film on its back side. Journal of Electrostatics. 64-70.
- 2015. Optical and wetting properties of nanostructured fluorinated ethylene propylene changed by mechanical deformation and its application in triboelectric nanogenerators. Materials Research Express.
- 2015. Layer-by-layer polyelectrolyte films for contact electric energy harvesting. Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics. 1-10.
- 2015. Contact electrification and energy harvesting using periodically contacted and squeezed water droplets. Langmuir. 3269-3276.
- 2015. Changes in wetting and contact charge transfer by femtosecond laser-ablation of polyimide. Applied Surface Science. 952-956.
- 2014. Excitation of energy harvesters using stick-slip motion. Smart materials and structures (Print).
- 2014. Electromagnetic and Optical Methods for Measurements of Salt Concentration of Water. Journal of Electromagnetic Analysis and Applications. 130-139.
- 2013. Optical fibre spectrometer combined with a magnetic resonance sensor for multiple depth monitoring. Measurement science and technology. 7 pages.
- 2012. Simultaneous measurements of absorption spectrum and refractive index in a microfluidic system. Optics Express. 4653-4662.
- 2012. Pyranine-induced self-assembly of colloidal structures using poly(allylamine-hydrochloride). Journal of Colloid and Interface Science. 23-29.
- 2012. Contactless hybrid sensor for simultaneous detection of light reflectance and eddy currents. Sensors and Actuators A-Physical. 17-23.
- 2012. Colloidal clustering of protein-coated microspheres in evaporating droplets. Soft Matter. 2267-2273.
- 2012. An electromagnetic resonance circuit for liquid level detection. European journal of physics. 525-530.
- 2011. Light-induced magnetic vortices. Optics Letters. 987-989.
- 2011. A simple experiment for visualizing diffusion. European journal of physics. 1193-1197.
- 2010. Under which conditions is quantum Brownian motion observable in a microscope? Physics Letters A. 2801-2804.
- 2010. Focusing of evanescent vector waves. Optics Communications. 29-33.
- 2010. A general method for focusing of waves using phase and amplitude compensation. Journal of Optics. 4 pages.
- 2009. Optical sensor for detecting colloidal phase transitions induced by magnetic fields. Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics.
- 2009. Optical monitoring of low-field magnetophoretic separation of particles. Measurement science and technology. 8 pages.
- 2008. The almost perfect lens and focusing of evanescent waves. Optics Communications. 1981-1985.
- 2008. Strongly focused electromagnetic waves in E x E* media. Optics Communications. 5671-5673.
- 2008. Radiationless electromagnetic interference shaping of evanescent cylindrical vector waves. Physical Review A. Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics (PRA). 4 pages.
- 2008. Manipulation of paramagnetic particles using a nanoscale asymmetric magnetic potential. Applied Physics Letters. 3 pages.
- 2008. Magnetically tunable optical absorbance in a colloidal system. Physical Review E. Statistical, Nonlinear, and Soft Matter Physics. 5 pages.
- 2008. Large domain walls near crack lines in ferrimagnetic garnet films. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics.
- 2008. Elastic response of the resurrection fern Polypodium polypodioides during rehydration. Applied Physics Letters.
- 2008. Adsorption of bovine serum albumin on polyelectrolyte-coated glass substrates: Applications to colloidal lithography. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces. 299-303.
- 2005. Monolayer to bilayer transition in a dipolar system. Physical Review E. Statistical, Nonlinear, and Soft Matter Physics. 8 pages.
- 2005. Colloidal crystallization and transport in stripes and mazes. Langmuir. 7518-7523.
- 2004. Optical and magnetooptical properties of bismuth and gallium stubstituted iron garnet films. Thin Solid Films. 429-432.
- 2004. Microscopic magnetic squeezer. Applied Physics Letters. 2556-2558.
- 2004. Magnetic structuring and transport of colloids at interfaces. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials. 245-250.
- 2004. Growth and characterization of (100) garnets for imaging. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials. 2247-2249.
- 2003. Paramagnetic Beads Surfing on Domain Walls. Physical Review E. Statistical, Nonlinear, and Soft Matter Physics. 4 pages.
- 2003. Domain Wall Tip for Manipulation of Magnetic Particles. Physical Review Letters. 4 pages.
- 2003. Adsorption and Diffusion in a 1D Potential Well. Physical Review E. Statistical, Nonlinear, and Soft Matter Physics. 6 pages.
- 2002. Model for imaging magnetic fields using a magnetooptic indicator. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials. 230-236.
- 2002. Interaction between superconducting films and magnetic nanostructures. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics. 104508.
- 2002. Interaction between a Magnetic Domain Wall and a Superconductor. Virtual Journal of Applications of Superconductivity.
- 2002. Faraday rotation and sensitivity of (100) bismuth-substituted ferrite garnet films. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics. 064405.
- 2002. Detection of magnetic data using a magnetooptic indicator. Journal of Applied Physics. 6 pages.
- 2001. Roles of polarization, phase and amplitude in solid immersion lens systems. Optics Communications. 161-172.
- 2001. Faraday rotation spectra of bismuth-substituted ferrite garnet films with in-plane magnetization. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics.
- 2001. Diffusers for holographic Stereography. Optics Communications. 6 pages.
- 2018. Fornybare energikilder og energilagringssystem basert på nanoteknologi.
- 2015. Energy harvesting from the environment.
- 2014. Characterisation of batteries and energy harvesting systems.
- 2012. Optical monitoring of nanostructures.
- 2010. Overview of activities at the Michelsen Centre.
- 2010. Optical microscopy and lab-on-a-chip.
- 2010. Nonlinear fun with physics.
- 2009. Optical sensor technology for carbon dioxide and methane gas detection.
- 2006. Mobile Magnetic Walls as Nano-Manipulators.
- 2003. Manipulation of Magnetic Beads Using Magneto-Optical Films.
- 2002. Magneto-Optical Imaging of Magnetic Pinning of Individual Vortices to a Bloch Wall.
- 2002. Focusing of light and atoms in the Debye approximation.
- 2012. Comment on "Symmetry properties of three-dimensional magnetization distributions induced by focused circularly polarized lights". Optik (Stuttgart). 657-657.
- 2019. Kan vi energieffektivisere oss til en bedre fremtid? Forskning.no.
- 2011. Impedance-based cellular assays: Applicability in Nanotoxicology.
- 2017. Altering the wetting properties of FEP films by nano-structuring the surface using reactive ion etching.
- 2015. Photocapacitor systems for generation and storage of electrical energy.
- 2015. Investigation of a new optical technology for the detection of Hydrogen Peroxide in water.
- 2013. Measurement of seawater by refractometric methods.
- 2012. Optical surveillance of windows.
- 2012. Measurement of seawater refractive index and salinity by means of optical refraction.
- 2012. Interactions between TiO2 nanoparticles and fibroblasts investigated by impedance-based monitoring.
- 2011. Design and construction of a continuous wave STED microscpe: The first steps.
- 2010. Measurement of electric fields in seawater.
- 2010. Investigation of detection schemes for changes in conductivity and permittivity utilizing resonant magnetic fields.
- 2019. Superhydrofobe overflater. Naturen. 66-69.
- 2018. Flytende metalledninger for bøyelig elektronikk. Fra Fysikkens Verden. 40-41.
- 2016. Thomsons dråpegenerator og visualisering av ladningsoverføring. Fra Fysikkens Verden. 84-87.
- 2015. Optisk overvåking av vann. Fra Fysikkens Verden. 3-8.
- 2014. The descending helium balloon. Physics Education. 380-382.
- 2012. Fysikk og norsk oljeproduksjon. Fra Fysikkens Verden. 77-80.
- 2009. Dynamics of droplets and bubbles coated with magnetic particles.
- 2003. Optical and magnetooptical properties of bismuth and gallium substituted iron garnet films.
- 2003. Growth and Characterization of (100) Garnets for Imaging.
- 2003. Adsorption and diffusion in one dimension studied using magneto-optic films.
- 2002. Magneto-optical imaging of magnetic pinning of individual vortices to a Bloch wall.
- 2002. Garnet films for optical imaging of magnetic fields.
- 2017. Corrigendum to "Evaluation of the energy generation potential of rain cells" [Energy 119 (2017) 472-482] (S0360544216319028) (10.1016/j.energy.2016.12.097). Energy. 804-804.
Academic education and positions:
2008 - : Professor, Department of Physics and Technology, University of Bergen, Norway.
2005 - 2008: Assistant Professor, Divison of Physics and Applied Physics, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
2003 - 2005: Postdoc/scientist at the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Florida State University, Tallahassee (USA), 2003-2005.
2002 - 2003: Postdoc/scientist at Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces, Golm/Potsdam (Germany), 2002 - 2003
2000 - 2002: PhD-studies at the University of Oslo, Norway, obtained a Dr. Scient. degree (physics) in optics/magnetism.
1994 - 1999: Undergraduate studies at the University of Bergen, Norway, obtained a Master of Science (Cand. Sci.) degree in experimental physics.