- Visitor AddressHaukeland universitetssykehus, Laboratoriebygget5009 Bergen
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
- (2023). Efficacy and safety of baricitinib in hospitalized adults with severe or critical COVID‑19 (Bari‑SolidAct): a randomised, double‑blind, placebo‑controlled phase 3 trial. Critical Care. 15 pages.
- (2022). Use of an extended KDIGO definition to diagnose acute kidney injury in patients with COVID-19: A multinational study using the ISARIC–WHO clinical characterisation protocol. PLoS Medicine. 21 pages.
- (2022). The changing spectrum of microbial aetiology of respiratory tract infections in hospitalized patients before and during the COVID-19 pandemic. BMC Infectious Diseases. 1-11.
- (2022). SARS-CoV-2 Nsp13 encodes for an HLA-E-stabilizing peptide that abrogates inhibition of NKG2A-expressing NK cells. Cell reports. 21 pages.
- (2022). Respiratory support in patients with severe COVID-19 in the International Severe Acute Respiratory and Emerging Infection (ISARIC) COVID-19 study: a prospective, multinational, observational study. Critical Care. 16 pages.
- (2022). Remdesivir and three other drugs for hospitalised patients with COVID-19: final results of the WHO Solidarity randomised trial and updated meta-analyses. The Lancet. 1941-1953.
- (2022). Rapid syndromic PCR testing in patients with respiratory tract infections reduces time to results and improves microbial yield. Scientific Reports.
- (2022). Persistent T-cell exhaustion in relation to prolonged pulmonary pathology and death after severe COVID-19: Results from two Norwegian cohort studies. Journal of Internal Medicine. 816-828.
- (2022). Paediatric COVID-19 mortality: a database analysis of the impact of health resource disparity. BMJ Paediatrics Open. 11 pages.
- (2022). Neurological manifestations of COVID-19 in adults and children. Brain. 14 pages.
- (2022). Impact of rapid molecular testing on diagnosis, treatment and management of community-acquired pneumonia in Norway: a pragmatic randomised controlled trial (CAPNOR). Trials.
- (2022). ISARIC-COVID-19 dataset: A Prospective, Standardized, Global Dataset of Patients Hospitalized with COVID-19. Scientific Data. 22 pages.
- (2022). Host Transcriptional Signatures Predict Etiology in Community-Acquired Pneumonia: Potential Antibiotic Stewardship Tools. Biomarker Insights. 1-8.
- (2022). High levels of discordant antimicrobial therapy in hospital-acquired bloodstream infections is associated with increased mortality in an intensive care, low antimicrobial resistance setting. Infectious Diseases. 738-747.
- (2022). High circulating levels of the homeostatic chemokines CCL19 and CCL21 predict mortality and disease severity in Covid-19. Journal of Infectious Diseases. 2150-2160.
- (2022). Hepcidin predicts 5-year mortality after community-acquired pneumonia. Infectious Diseases. 403-409.
- (2022). Diagnostic stewardship aiming at expectorated or induced sputum promotes microbial diagnosis in community-acquired pneumonia. BMC Infectious Diseases. 1-9.
- (2022). Detailed stratified GWAS analysis for severe COVID-19 in four European populations. Human Molecular Genetics. 3945-3966.
- (2022). DNA Repair Mechanisms are Activated in Circulating Lymphocytes of Hospitalized Covid-19 Patients. Journal of Inflammation Research. 6629-6644.
- (2022). Corticosteroids and superinfections in COVID-19 patients on invasive mechanical ventilation. Journal of Infection. 57-63.
- (2022). Association of body mass index with COVID-19 related in-hospital death. Clinical Nutrition. 2924-2926.
- (2022). Antimicrobial therapy of community-acquired pneumonia during stewardship efforts and a coronavirus pandemic: an observational study. BMC Pulmonary Medicine. 1-10.
- (2022). An international observational study to assess the impact of the Omicron variant emergence on the clinical epidemiology of COVID-19 in hospitalised patients. eLIFE. 21 pages.
- (2021). Ten months of temporal variation in the clinical journey of hospitalised patients with COVID-19: An observational cohort. eLIFE. 1-30.
- (2021). Neutrophil count predicts outcome in hospitalized COVID-19 patients. Results from the NOR-Solidarity trial. Journal of Internal Medicine. 241-243.
- (2021). Mapping the human genetic architecture of COVID-19. Nature. 472-477.
- (2021). Koronavaksinering av kreftpasienter. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
- (2021). Increased inflammatory markers reflecting fibrogenesis are independently associated with cardiac involvement in hospitalized COVID-19 patients. Journal of Infection. 186-230.
- (2021). Hepcidin and ferritin predict microbial etiology in community-acquired pneumonia. Open Forum Infectious Diseases. 8 pages.
- (2021). Evaluation of the Effects of Remdesivir and Hydroxychloroquine on Viral Clearance in COVID-19 : A Randomized Trial. Annals of Internal Medicine. 1261-1269.
- (2021). Clinical characteristics, risk factors and outcomes in patients with severe COVID-19 registered in the ISARIC WHO clinical characterisation protocol: a prospective, multinational, multicentre, observational study. European Respiratory Journal Open Research (ERJ Open Research). 18 pages.
- (2021). COVID‐19 symptoms at hospital admission vary with age and sex: results from the ISARIC prospective multinational observational study. Infection. 889-905.
- (2021). Blood neurofilament light concentration at admittance: a potential prognostic marker in COVID-19. Journal of Neurology.
- (2020). Systemic complement activation is associated with respiratory failure in COVID-19 hospitalized patients . Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 25018-25025.
- (2020). Increased interleukin-6 and macrophage chemoattractant protein-1 are associated with respiratory failure in COVID-19. Scientific Reports. 11 pages.
- (2020). Elevated plasma sTIM-3 levels in patients with severe COVID-19. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 92-98.
- (2020). Elevated markers of gut leakage and inflammasome activation in COVID-19 patients with cardiac involvement. Journal of Internal Medicine. 9 pages.
- (2019). Inflammatory biomarkers are associated with aetiology and predict outcomes in community-acquired pneumonia: Results of a 5-year follow-up cohort study. ERS Monograph. 10 pages.
- (2018). Low levels of immunoglobulins and mannose-binding lectin are not associated with etiology, severity, or outcome in community-acquired pneumonia. Open Forum Infectious Diseases. 7 pages.
- (2017). Sofosbuvir based treatment of chronic hepatitis C genotype 3 infections - A Scandinavian real-life study. PLOS ONE. 1-8.
- (2017). Cytokine responses, microbial aetiology and short-term outcome in community-acquired pneumonia. European Journal of Clinical Investigation. 10 pages.
- (2016). Vitamin D Status and Long-Term Mortality in Community-Acquired Pneumonia: Secondary Data Analysis from a Prospective Cohort. PLOS ONE.
- (2016). Risk factors for long-term mortality after hospitalization for community-acquired pneumonia: a 5-year prospective follow-up study. PLOS ONE.
- (2016). Hepatitis C reinfection after sustained virological response. Journal of Hepatology. 1020-1026.
- (2015). Etiology of community-acquired pneumonia and diagnostic yields of microbiological methods: a 3-year prospective study in Norway. BMC Infectious Diseases. 11 pages.
- (2015). Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis Pneumonia in a veterinary stuent infected during lobaratory work. Open Forum Infectious Diseases. 1-6.
- (2014). Low prevalence of positive interferon-gamma tests in HIV-positive long-term immigrants in Norway. The International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease. 180-187.
- (2010). Dramatisk sykehistorie forårsaket av uvanlig bakterie. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 149-151.
- (2009). Homeostatic chemokines CCL19 and CCL21 promote inflammation in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients with ongoing viral replication. Clinical and Experimental Immunology. 400-407.
- (2009). Enhanced levels of the CCR7 ligands CCL19 and CCL21 in HIV infection: correlation with viral load, disease progression and response to highly active antiretroviral therapy. AIDS (London). 135-138.
- (2009). CXCL16 in HIV infection - a link between inflammation and viral replication. European Journal of Clinical Investigation. 1017-1024.
- (2008). Decreased serum lipocalin-2 levels in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients: increase during highly active anti-retroviral therapy. Clinical and Experimental Immunology. 57-63.
- (2006). Chemokines in children with heterozygous familiar hypercholesterolemia - Selective upregulation of RANTES. Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology.
- (2005). Modulatory effect of mannose-binding lectin on cytokine resposes: possible roles in HIV infection. European Journal of Clinical Investigation. 765-770.
- (2005). Modulatory effect of mannose-binding lectin on cytokine responses: roles in HIV infection. European Journal of Clinical Investigation. 765-770.
- (2005). Modulatory effect of mannose-binding lectin on cytokine responses: possible roles in HIV infection. European Journal of Clinical Investigation. 765-770.
- (2005). Low mannose-binding lectin and increased complement activation correlate to allograft vasculopathy, ischaemia, and rejection after human heart transplantation. European Heart Journal. 1660-1665.
- (2005). Common variable immunodeficiency and the complement system; low mannose-binding lectin levels are associated with bronchiectasis. Clinical and Experimental Immunology. 576-584.
- (2004). Stimulation of toll-like receptor 2 in mononuclear cells from HIV-infected patients induces chemokine responses: possible pathogenic consequences. Clinical and Experimental Immunology. 116-121.
- (2004). Soluble toll-like receptor 2 in HIV infection: association with disease progression. AIDS (London). 2437-2439.
- (2004). Soluble toll-like receptor 2 in HIV infection: association with disease progression. AIDS (London). 2437-2439.
- (2004). Increased expression of Toll-like receptor 2 on monocytes in HIV infection: Possible roles in inflammation and viral replication. Clinical Infectious Diseases. 264-269.
- (2003). Raised serum levels of interleukin-18 is associated with disease progression and may contribute to virological treatment failure in HIV-1-infected patients. Clinical and Experimental Immunology. 462-466.
- (2003). Mechanism of complement activation and its role in the inflammatory response following thoraco-abdominal aortic aneurys. Circulation. 849-856.
- (2003). Mechanism of complement activation and its role in the inflammatory response after thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm repair. Circulation. 849-56.
- (2003). Mannose-Binding Lectin in HIV Infection: Relation to Disease Progression and Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy. JAIDS. 354-361.
- (2003). A boy with severe pulmonal infectious problems due to NKX2.1 haploinsufficiency and mannan-binding lectin deficiency.
Reader opinion piece
- (2011). Identification of NDM-1-producing Enterobacteriaceae in Norway. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy. 670-672.
- (2007). Severe case of invasive community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection in Norway. Eurosurveillance.
Letter to the editor
- (2022). CXCL16 associates with adverse outcome and cardiac involvement in hospitalized patients with Covid-19. Journal of Infection. 735-738.
- (2020). Distinct and early increase in circulating MMP-9 in COVID-19 patients with respiratory failure: MMP-9 and respiratory failure in COVID-19. Journal of Infection. e41-e43.
- (2016). Circulating cell-free DNA is elevated in community-acquired bacterial pneumonia and predicts short-term outcome. Journal of Infection. 383-386.
- (2005). Innate immunity and human immunodeficiency virus infection. Studies on toll-like receptor 2 and manose-binding lectin.
- (2018). Procalcitonin has wider applicability in community-acquired pneumonia than other biomarkers. European Respiratory Journal.
- (2002). A boy with neurologic abnormalities, subclinical hypothyroidism, respiratory distress and immunodeficiency due to microdelition of chromosome 14q12 and NKX2.1 haploinsufficiency.
More information in national current research information system (CRIStin)