I’m a PhD student working in the Visual Data Science for Large Scale Hypothesis Management in Imaging Biomarker Discovery (VIDI) project. This is a joint project between UiB and the Mohn Medical Imaging and Visualization (MMIV) centre, and is funded by UiB and the Trond Mohn Foundation.
My research focuses on visual analysis, exploration, and communication of physiology, drawing from my background as a medical illustrator.
- (2022). Narrative medical visualization to communicate disease data. Computers & graphics. 144-157.
- (2022). Considering best practices in color palettes for molecular visualizations. Journal of Integrative Bioinformatics (JIB). 1-14.
- (2021). Time-of-day effects in resting-state functional magnetic resonance imaging: Changes in effective connectivity and blood oxygenation level dependent signal. Computer Graphics Forum. 515-523.
- (2021). Semantic Snapping for Guided Multi-View Visualization Design. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics. 43-53.
- (2021). Integrated Dual Analysis of Quantitative and Qualitative High-Dimensional Data. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics. 2953-2966.
- (2021). DimLift: Interactive Hierarchical Data Exploration through Dimensional Bundling. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics. 2908-2922.
- (2021). An Exploration of Practice and Preferences for the Visual Communication of Biomedical Processes. Eurographics Workshop on Visual Computing for Biomedicine. 1-12.
- (2020). Interactive visual exploration of metabolite ratios in MR spectroscopy studies. Computers & graphics. 1-12.
- (2019). SpectraMosaic: An Exploratory Tool for the Interactive Visual Analysis of Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Data. Eurographics Workshop on Visual Computing for Biomedicine.
- (2019). MedUse: A Visual Analysis Tool for Medication Use Data in the ABCD Study. Eurographics Workshop on Visual Computing for Biomedicine.
- (2019). A Visual Encoding System for Comparative Exploration of Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Data.
Up-to-date publication list available at https://vis.uib.no/team/laura-garrison/