- 2019. Rainforest and cloud forest Scolytodes (Curculionidae, Scolytinae, Hexacolini) from the ALAS inventory in Costa Rica: new species, new synonymy, new records. ZooKeys. 1-34.
- 2018. Invasive bark beetles (Coleoptera, Curculionidae, Scolytinae) in Chile and Argentina, including two species new for South America, and the correct identity of the orthotomicus species in Chile and Argentina. Diversity. 1-20.
- 2017. New synonymies in neotropical platypodinae (Coleoptera: Curculionidae). The Coleopterists bulletin. 95-98.
- 2017. Cryptic and pseudo-cryptic diversity in the world?s most common bark beetle?Hypothenemus eruditus. Organisms Diversity & Evolution. 633-652.
- 2017. Biological factors contributing to bark and ambrosia beetle species diversification. Evolution. 1258-1272.
- 2017. Beetles (Coleoptera) of Peru: A survey of the families. Curculionidae: Platypodinae. The Coleopterists bulletin. 99-115.
- 2016. Globally distributed Xyleborus species reveal recurrent intercontinental dispersal in a landscape of ancient worldwide distributions Phylogenetics and phylogeography. BMC Evolutionary Biology.
- 2015. Implications of spatial genetic patterns for conserving African leopards. Comptes rendus. Biologies. 728-737.
- 2015. A New Species of Bark Beetle, Dendroctonus mesoamericanus sp. Nov. (Curculionidae: Scolytinae), in Southern Mexico and Central America. Annals of the Entomological Society of America. 403-414.
- 2012. Improbable but true: the invasive inbreeding ambrosia beetle Xylosandrus morigerus has generalist genotypes. Ecology and Evolution. 247-257.
- 2012. Biochemical evidence that Dendroctonus frontalis consists of two sibling species in Belize and Chiapas, Mexico. Annals of the Entomological Society of America. 817-831.
- 2010. Evidence for a new lineage of primary ambrosia fungi in Geosmithia Pitt (Ascomycota: Hypocreales). Fungal Genetics and Biology. 676-689.
- 2010. Bark beetles and pinhole borers (Curculionidae, Scolytinae, Platypodinae) alien to Europe. ZooKeys. 227-251.
- 2010. A study of the diversity and geographical variation in numbers of leg-bearing segments in centipedes (Chilopoda: Geophilomorpha) in north-western Europe. Biological Journal of the Linnean Society. 899-909.
- 2009. The native and introduced bark and ambrosia beetles of Michigan (Coleoptera: Curculionidae, Scolytinae). Great Lakes Entomologist. 101-120.
- 2009. Inbreeding variability and population structure in the invasive haplodiploid palm-seed borer (Coccotrypes dactyliperda). Journal of Evolutionary Biology. 1076-1087.
- 2008. Genetic diversity and biogeography of red turpentine beetle Dendroctonus valens in its native and invasive regions. Insect Science. 291-301.
- 2008. First record of the ambrosia beetle, Monarthrum mali (Curculionidae, Scolytinae) in Europe. Journal of Pest Science. 175-178.
- 2008. Description of the Yunnan shoot borer, Tomicus yunnanensis Kirkendall & Faccoli sp.n. (Curculionidae, Scolytinae), an unusually aggressive pine shoot beetle from sosuthern China, with a key to the species of Tomicus. Zootaxa. 25-39.
- 2007. Ongoing invasions of old-growth tropical forests: establishment of three incestuous beetle species in southern Central America (Curculionidae : Scolytinae). Zootaxa. 53-62.
- 2007. A new record of fungus-beetle symbiosis in Scolytodes bark beetles (Scolytinae, Curculionidae, Coleoptera). Symbiosis. 151-159.
- 2006. The bark and ambrosia beetles (Curculionidae, Scolytinae) of Cocos Island, Costa Rica and the role of mating systems in island zoogeography. Biological Journal of the Linnean Society. 729-743.
- 2006. On the track of the Red Queen: bark beetles, their nematodes, local climate and geographic parthenogenesis. Journal of Evolutionary Biology. 1939-1947.
- 2006. A new host-specific, Xyleborus vochysiae (Curculionidae : Scolytinae), from central America breeding in live trees. Annals of the Entomological Society of America. 211-217.
- 2005. Dispersal abilities and breeding periods of ground beetles (Coleoptera, Carabidae) in coastal Central Norway. Norwegian Journal of Entomology. 49-56.
- 2004. Phylogeny of a Macaronesian radiation: host-plant use and possible cryptic speciation in Liparthrum bark beetles. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution. 554-571.
- 2004. New records of Carabidae (Coleoptera) from coastal North Trøndelag, Central Norway. Fauna Norvegica. 31-35.
- 2004. Laboratory parasitism by Phymatichus coffea (Hymenoptera: Eulophidae) upon non-target bark beetles associated with coffee plantations. The Florida entomologist. 274-277.
- 2003. Molecules and morphology: evidence for cryptic hybridization in African Hyalomma (Acari: Ixodidae). Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution. 131-142.
- 2003. Isolation and characterization of microsatellite loci from two inbreeding bark beetle species (Coccotrypes). Molecular Ecology Notes. 270-273.
- 2002. Extraordinary haplotype diversity in haplodiploid inbreeders: phylogenetics and evolution of the bark beetle genus Coccotrypes. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution. 171-188.
- 2001. Breaking taboos in the tropics: incest promotes colonization by wood-boring beetles. Global Ecology and Biogeography. 345-357.
- 1998. Lack of nucleotide variability in a beetle pest with extreme inbreeding. Insect Molecular Biology. 197-200.
- 1997. Notes on the mating system of Hylesinus varius (Curculionidae-Scolytinae), a putatively bigynous bark beetle. Journal of Applied Entomology (JAE).
- 1997. Ecological relationships of a guild of tropical beetles (Coleoptera: Curculionidae - Scolytinae, Zygopinae and Cerambycidae - Acanthocinae) breedin in Cecropia leafstalks (Cecropiaceae) in Costa Rica. Journal of Tropical Ecology.
- 1996. Mate Discrimination in a Pseudogamous Bark Beetle (Coleoptera: Scolytidae): Male Ips acuminatus (Gyll.) prefer Sexual to Clonal Females. Oikos. 336-344.
- 2019. Pest risk assessment of selected Epitrix species. Scientific Opinion of the Panel on Plant Health of the Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food and Environment. 2019:17. 2019:17. .
- 2019. Assessment of the risk to Norwegian biodiversity from the pathogenic fungi Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis (Bd) and Batrachochytrium salamandrivorans (Bsal). Opinion of the Panel on Alien Organisms and Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) of the Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food and Environment. 2019:4. 2019:4. .
- 2019. Assessment of the risk to Norwegian biodiversity from import of wrasses and other cleaner fish for use in aquaculture. Opinion of the Panel on Alien Organisms and Trade in Endangered Species of the Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food and Environment. 2019:15. 2019:15. .
- 2019. A CITES risk assessment for the common minke whale (Balaneoptera acutorostrata). Scientific opinion of the Panel on Alien Organisms and Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) of the Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food and Environment. 2019:10. 2019:10. .
- 2018. Wild boar population growth and expansion – implications for biodiversity, food safety, and animal health in Norway. Opinion of the Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food and Environment. 2018:14. 2018:14. .
- 2017. Risk assessment of insect-resistant and herbicide-tolerant genetically modified maize Bt11 for cultivation, import, processing, food and feed uses under Directive 2001/18/EC and Regulation (EC). Opinion of the Panel on Genetically Modified Organisms of the Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety. 2017:22. 2017:22. .
- 2017. Risk assessment of insect-resistant and herbicide-tolerant genetically modified maize 1507 for cultivation, import, processing, food and feed uses under Directive 2001/18/EC (C/ES/01/01, C/NL/00/10) and Regulation (EC) No 1829/2003 (EFSA/GMO/NL/2004/02, EFSA/GMO/RX/1507). Opinion of the Panel on Genetically Modified Organisms of the Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety. 2017:21. 2017:21. .
- 2017. Assessment of the risks associated with the import and release of hand-reared mallards for hunting purposes. Opinion of the Panel on Alien Organisms and Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) of the Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety. 2017:23. 2017:23. .
- 2017. Assessment of the risk to Norwegian biodiversity from the import and keeping of terrestrial gastropods in terraria. Opinion of the Panel on Alien Organisms and Trade in Endangered Species of the Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food and Environment. 2017:33. 2017:33. .
- 2017. Assessment of the potential connection between Tilia trees and bumblebee Death. Opinion of the Panel on Alien organisms and trade in endangered species (CITES) of the Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety. 2017:15. 2017:15. .
- 2016. Assessment of the risks to Norwegian biodiversity from the import and keeping of terrestrial arachnids and insects. Opinion of the Panel on Alien Organisms and Trade in Endangered species of the Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety. 2016:36. 2016:36. .
- 2016. Assessment of the risks to Norwegian biodiversity from the import and keeping of aquarium and garden pond plants. Opinion of the Panel on Alien Organisms and Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) of the Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety. 2016:50. 2016:50. .
- 2016. Assessment of species listing proposals for CITES CoP17. Opinion of the Panel on Alien Organisms and Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) of the Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food Safety. 2016:38. 2016:38. .
- 2016. Assessment of risks to Norwegian biodiversity from the import and keeping of terrestrial arachnids and insects. .
- 2005. Los gorgojos de Pino de Honduras: descripciones de especies, asociaciones de hospederos y métodos de monitoreo y control. .
- 2005. Diversity and habitat preferences of ground beetles (Coleoptera, Carabidae) in a coastal area of North Trøndelag, central Norway. .
Popular scientific lecture
- 2003. Insects and Sandragon in the Seychelles.
- 2017. Explaining biogeographic range size and measuring its effect on species diversification in bark beetles.
- 2016. The great diversity of bark and ambrosia beetles - a comparative approach.
- 2011. Molecular evidence for ancient and recent range expansion in four globally distributed Xyleborus ambrosia beetles.
- 2004. What can we learn about sex, from studying extreme inbreeding?
- 2004. Biodiversity of tropical rainforest bark beetles and timber borers: results from the ALAS project.
- 2003. What are we learning from tropical arthropod diversity inventories? Lessons from tropical bark beetles.
- 2003. Evidence for the maintenance of sexual reproduction through red queen dynamics in the bark beetle Ips acuminatus (Curculionidae, Scolytinae).
- 2002. Evolutionary and ecological consequences to inbreeding, for bark beetles.
- 2002. Biodiversity of Tropical Rainforest Bark Beetles and Timber Borers: Results from an Intensive Inventory.
- 2000. Differential colonization potential among wood-boring beetles leads to high proportions of inbreeding species on tropical islands.
- 1996. What makes "common" scolytids common?
- 2010. MEGAPLATYPUS MUTATUS (CHAPUIS) (COLEOPTERA: CURCULIONIDAE: PLATYPODINAE) ATTACKS HYBRID EUCALYPTUS L'HERITIER DE BRUTELLE CLONES IN SOUTHERN ESPIRITO SANTO, BRAZIL. The Coleopterists bulletin. 81-83.
Academic anthology/Conference proceedings
- 2008. Manual de plagas y enfermedades del bosque nativo en Chile. FAO, Corporación Nacional Forestal (Chile).
- 2006. Population Structure of the Great Crested Newt, Triturus cristatus, in Geitaknottane Nature Reserve, Norway.
- 2006. Conservation genetics of Panthera pardus in South-Africa: Phylogeography of mitochondrial lineages.
- 2006. Benefits of monogyny in Dactylotrypes longicollis (Curculionidae: Scolytinae).
Popular scientific article
- 2005. DNA-strekkoding - taksonomiens fremtid? Naturen. 215-219.
- 1998. Bark and ambrosia beetles (Coleoptera: Curculionidae, Scolytinae and Platypodinae) in a neotropical rain forest. Comparing occurrence and distribution between different forest habitats within a continuous reserve in Costa Rica.
- 2016. Gay beetles get fertile sisters.
- 2004. Mystisk bille legger skog øde.
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- 2015. Evolution and diversity of bark beetles. 72 pages.
- 2009. Parthenogensis in insects and mites. 5 pages.
- 2000. The bark and ambrosia beetles (Scolytidae and Platypodidae) of Costa Rican cloud forests. 2 pages.
- 1997. Interactions among males, females and offspring in bark and ambrosia beetles: the significans of living in tunnels for the evolution of social behavior. 35 pages.
- 2003. Parthenogenesis. 851-856. In:
- 2003. Encyclopedia of Insects.
- 2003. Widespread wilting of Dalbergia sissoo in Bangladesh: The role of timber borers. 34-38.
- 2015. 25 species in one? extreme pseudocryptic and cryptic diversity in a globally distributed bark beetle.
- 2000. Temporal segregation in resource exploitation in two species.
Academic literature review
- 2012. The costs of sex: facing real-world complexities. 19-40.
- 2011. Manejo sostenible y combate de la deforestación en plantaciones de pino en América Central – una alternativa para el triángulo destructivo de plagas forestales, incendios forestales y tala. 191-226. In:
- 2011. Protección Fitosanitaria Forestal. ICA-Comunicaciones.