- 2020. Diagnosis of extrapulmonary tuberculosis using the MPT64 antigen detection test in a high-income low tuberculosis prevalence setting. BMC Infectious Diseases.
- 2019. Primary drug resistance in extra-pulmonary tuberculosis: a hospital-based prospective study from Pakistan. The International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease. 900-906.
- 2019. Evaluation of treatment response in extrapulmonary tuberculosis in a low-resource setting. BMC Infectious Diseases. 1-9.
- 2019. Epidemiological and histopathological profile of malignant melanoma in Malawi. BMC Clinical Pathology.
- 2018. MPT64 antigen detection test improves routine diagnosis of extrapulmonary tuberculosis in a low-resource setting: A study from the tertiary care hospital in Zanzibar. PLOS ONE. 1-15.
- 2018. Diagnostic delay in extrapulmonary tuberculosis and impact on patient morbidity: A study from Zanzibar. PLOS ONE. 1-17.
- 2017. Rapid and specific diagnosis of extrapulmonary tuberculosis by immunostaining of tissues and aspirates with anti-MPT64. Applied immunohistochemistry & molecular morphology (Print). 282-288.
- 2015. Peritumoral dermis of squamous cell carcinomas in renal transplant recipients contains less CD11c+ myeloid dendritic cells and FoxP3+ T cells compared to immunocompetent controls. Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology. 2128-2135.
- 2014. Immunocytochemical detection of Mycobacterium Tuberculosis complex specific antigen, MPT64, improves diagnosis of tuberculous lymphadenitis and tuberculous pleuritis. BMC Infectious Diseases.
- 2014. Differential in vivo expression of mycobacterial antigens in Mycobacterium tuberculosis infected lungs and lymph node tissues. BMC Infectious Diseases.
- 2014. CD11c+ dendritic cells rather than Langerhans cells are reduced in normal skin of immunosuppressed renal transplant recipients. Acta Dermato-Venereologica. 173-178.
- 2012. Rapid diagnosis of tuberculosis in aspirate, effusions, and cerebrospinal fluid by immunocytochemical detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex specific antigen MPT64. Diagnostic Cytopathology. 782-791.
- 2012. Long-term persistence of BCG Pasteur in lungs of C57BL/6 mice following intranasal infection. Scandinavian Journal of Immunology. 489-499.
- 2011. Kinetics of lymphocyte reconstitution after allogeneic bone marrow transplantation: markers of graft-versus-host disease. Journal of Leukocyte Biology. 177-187.
- 2011. Expression profiling of major histocompatibility and natural killer complex genes reveals candidates for controlling risk of graft versus host disease. PLOS ONE. 16 pages.
- 2010. Serodiagnosis of tuberculous lymnphadenitis using a combination of antigens. Journal of Infection in Developing Countries. 96-102.
- 2009. Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis and use of MR contrast media. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 180-182.
- 2009. Identification and genotyping of the etiological agent of tuberculous lymphadenitis in Ethiopia. Journal of Infection in Developing Countries. 412-419.
- 2009. Gender differences in the clinical diagnosis of tuberculous lymphadenitis-a hospital-based study from Central India. International Journal of Infectious Diseases. 600-605.
- 2008. Real-time quantitative PCR in the diagnosis of tuberculosis in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded pleural tissue in patients from a high HIV endemic area. Diagnostic molecular pathology (Print). 112-117.
- 2008. Rapid and Specific Diagnosis of Tuberculous Pleuritis With Immunohistochemistry by Detecting Mycobacterium tuberculosis Complex Specific Antigen MPT64 in Patients From a HIV Endemic Area. Applied immunohistochemistry & molecular morphology (Print). 554-561.
- 2008. Differential expression of mycobacterial antigen MPT64, apoptosis and inflammatory markers in multinucleated giant cells and epithelioid cells in granulomas caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Virchows Archiv. 449-456.
- 2008. Diagnosis of tuberculous lymphadenitis in Ethiopia: correlation with culture, histology and HIV status. The International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease. 1030-1036.
- 2008. Detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis by polymerase chain reaction with DNA eluted from aspirate smears of tuberculous lymphadenitis. Diagnostic molecular pathology (Print). 174-178.
- 2007. Reduced apoptosis and increased inflammatory cytokines in granulomas caused by tuberculous compared to non-tuberculous mycobacteria: role of MPT64 antigen in apoptosis and immune response. Clinical and Experimental Immunology. 105-113.
- 2007. Immunohistochemical diagnosis of abdominal and lymph node tuberculosis by detecting Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex specific antigen MPT64. Diagnostic Pathology.
- 2006. Skin explant model of human graft-versus-host disease: prediction of clinical outcome and correlation with biological risk factors. Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation. 152-159.
- 2006. Immunohistochemistry using a Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex specific antibody for improved diagnosis of tuberculous lymphadenitis. Modern Pathology. 1606-1614.
- 2006. Immunohistochemical analysis of cytokines and apoptosis in tuberculous lymphadenitis. Immunology. 454-462.
- 2005. Significance of Fas and Fas ligand in tuberculous lymphadenitis. Immunology. 255-262.
- 2005. Patient knowledge, practices and challenges to health care system in early diagnosis of mycobacterial adenitis. East African Medical Journal. 173-180.
- 2005. Patient knowledge, practices and challeges to health care system in early diagnosis of mycobacterial adenitis. East African Medical Journal. 173-180.
- 2004. Skin bipsies for early diagnosis and prognosis of graft-versus-host disease in recipients of allogeneic stem cells from blood or bone marrow. Bone Marrow Transplantation. 345-350.
- 2003. In situ expression of CD40, CD40L (CD154), IL-12, TNF-alpha, IFN-gamma and TGF-beta1 in murine lungs during slowly progressive primary tuberculosis. Scandinavian Journal of Immunology. 327-334.
- 2003. Heat shock protein 70 correlation of expression with degree of graft-versus-host response and clinical graft-versus-host disease. Transplantation. 849-853.
- 2002. Thrombolytic Therapy in Acute Ischaemic Stroke. Cerebrovascular Diseases. 163-167.
- 2002. The detection of apoptosis in a human in vitro skin explant assay for graft versus host reactions. Journal of Clinical Pathology. 127-32.
- 2002. Interleukin-10 modulation of alloreactivity and graft-versus-host reactions. Transplantation. 772-78.
- 2002. In situ dissection of the graft-versus-host activities of cytotoxic T cells specific for minor histocompatibility antigens. Nature Medicine. 410-414.
- 1999. Use of skin explant model for predicting GVDH in HLA-matched bone marrow transplants - effect of GVHD prophylaxis. Bone Marrow Transplantation. 857-863.
- 1999. Non-Langerhans cell histiocytosis associated with lymphocyte- predominant Hodgkin's disease. Clincal and Experimental Dermatology. 365-67.
- 1999. A human skin explant model for predicting graft-versus-host disease following bone marrow transplantation. Journal of Clinical Pathology. 910-13.
- 1998. Vesicular mycosis fungoides. British Journal of Dermatology. 141-144.
- 1998. Predicting graft-versus-host disease in HLA-identical bone marrow transplants: a comparison of T-cell frequency analysis and a human skin explant model. Transplantation. 857-63.
- 1998. Mononuclear phagocyte populations in the transplanted human lung. Transplantation. 671-673.
- 1998. Mohs' surgery of periocular basal cell carcinoma using formalin-fixed sections and delayed closure. British Journal of Dermatology. 1003-1008.
- 1998. Melasma of the arms associated with hormone replacement therapy. British Journal of Dermatology. 932.
- 1998. Is extensive histological examination of wide excision specimens necessary following a diagnosis of melanoma? Histopathology. 379-380.
- 1998. Cellular alloreactivity of human cord blood cells detected by T cell frequency analysis and a human skin explant model. Transplantation. 903-909.
- 1998. Angiosarcoma arising in a chronically lymphoedematous leg. British Journal of Dermatology. 692-694.
- 1998. An indolent penile herpetic ulcer in a patient with previously undiagnosed HIV infection. British Journal of Dermatology. 334-336.
- 1998. Acute infiltration by non-Hodgin's B-cell lymphoma of lesions of disseminated herpes zoster. British Journal of Dermatology. 295-298.
- 2008. Improved diagnosis of extra-pulmonary tuberculosis in formalin-fixed paraffin embedded tissue.
Reader opinion piece
- 2012. Erdheim-Chester disease presenting with an intramedullary spinal cord lesion. Journal of Neurology. 2240-2242.
Popular scientific article
- 2007. How does clinical diagnosis of mycobacterial adenitis correlate with histological findings? East African Journal of Public Health. 47-50.
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- 2004. Role of Fasligand/Fas system and apoptosis in the pathogenesis of tuberculosis.
- 2011. Expression profiling of major histocompatibility and natural killer complex genes reveals new candidates for controlling risk of graft versus host disease. Tissue Antigens. 381-381.
- 2007. Immunohistochemistry for the detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex specific antigen (MPT64) improves the diagnosis of extrapulmonary tuberculosis caused by pathogenic mycobacteria. Acta Pathologica, Microbiologica et Immunologica Scandinavica (APMIS). 1316-1316.
- 2019. Utility of MPT64 Antigen Detection Test for Diagnosis of HIV Coinfected Extrapulmonary Tuberculosis in Tanzania .
- 2019. MPT 64 Antigen Detection Test Performs Better Than Xpert MTB/RIF Assay for Extrapulmonary Tuberculosis in Adults in Tanzania.
- 2018. Mycobacterial antigen accumulation in foamy macrophages in pulmonary tuberculosis lesions is associated with tissue destruction and disease severity.
- 2018. First and second line drug resistance pattern in new Extra Pulmonary TB cases, Prospective study in a tertiary care hospital in Pakistan.
- 2018. Bacteriological examination for the diagnosis of tuberculous lymphadenitis -Is it sufficient?
- 2017. Improved diagnosis of tuberculous lymphadenitis by mycobacterial antigen detection in fine-needle aspirates by a novel immunochemistry-based test.
- 2017. Implementation of a new immunohistochemistry-based test for diagnosing extrapulmonary tuberculosis by detection of mycobacterial antigen MPT64.
- 2015. Improved diagnosis of extrapulmonary tuberculosis by antigen detection in extrapulmonary samples by immunochemistry-based assay.
- 2015. Improved diagnosis of extra pulmonary tuberculosis by antigen detection in extra pulmonary samples by immunochemistry-based assay.
- 2009. Differential expression of mycobacterial antigen MPT64, apoptosis and inflammatory markers in multinucleated giant cells and epithelioid cells in granulomas caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- 2007. Detection of mycobacterium tuberculosis specific antigens by immunohistochemical technique: application for improved diagnosis of abdominal tuberculosis.
- 2007. Correlation of Mycobacterium tuberculosis antigen MPT64 expression and apoptosis in human tuberculosis lesions.
Academic literature review
- 2009. Nefrogen systemisk fibrose ved bruk av MR-kontrastmiddel. 180-182.
- 2009. Hidradinitis supportiva. 992-996.