Social Insurance Economics
Health Economics (ECON 321)
- (2022). Value-based person-centred integrated care for frail elderly living at home: a quasi-experimental evaluation using multicriteria decision analysis. BMJ Open. 1-12.
- (2022). Improved survival of non-small cell lung cancer patients after introducing patient navigation: A retrospective cohort study with propensity score weighted historic control . PLOS ONE. 1-20.
- (2021). Evaluating an integrated care pathway for frail elderly patients in Norway using multi-criteria decision analysis. BMC Health Services Research.
- (2021). Evaluating Complex Health and Social Care Program Using Multi-criteria Decision Analysis: A Case Study of “Better Together in Amsterdam North”. Value in Health. 966-975.
- (2021). Comparing two interdisciplinary occupational rehabilitation programs for employees on sick leave: a mixed-method design study protocol. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders.
- (2020). Skill mix and patient outcomes: A multi-country analysis of heart disease and breast cancer patients. Health Policy. 1074-1082.
- (2020). Health-related quality of life of long-term patients receiving opioid agonist therapy: a nested prospective cohort study in Norway. Substance Abuse Treatment, Prevention, and Policy. 1-12.
- (2020). Comparing patients’ and other stakeholders’ preferences for outcomes of integrated care for multimorbidity: a discrete choice experiment in eight European countries. BMJ Open.
- (2019). Evaluation of integrated care services in Catalonia: population-based and service-based real-life deployment protocols. BMC Health Services Research. 1-11.
- (2019). Cost-analysis of virtual reality training based on the Virtual Reality for Upper Extremity in Subacute stroke (VIRTUES) trial. International Journal of Technology Assessment in Health Care. 373-378.
- (2018). What are the motivating and hindering factors for health professionals to undertake new roles in hospitals? A study among physicians, nurses and managers looking at breast cancer and acute myocardial infarction care in nine countries. Health Policy. 1118-1125.
- (2018). Strengthening the evidence-base of integrated care for people with multi-morbidity in Europe using Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis (MCDA). BMC Health Services Research.
- (2018). New professional roles and patient satisfaction: Evidence from a European survey along three clinical pathways . Health Policy. 1078-1084.
- (2018). Co-ordination of health care: the case of hospital emergency admissions. European Journal of Health Economics. 1-17.
- (2017). Social capital and cigarette smoking: New empirics featuring the Norwegian HUNT data. Economics and Human Biology. 174-185.
- (2016). The impact on practice, outcomes and costs of new roles for health professionals: a study protocol for MUNROS. BMJ Open.
- (2016). The Ambiguous Effect of GP Competition: The Case of Hospital Admissions . Health Economics. 22 pages.
- (2014). Sickness absence among immigrants in Norway: Does occupational disparity matter? European Sociological Review. 1-12.
- (2013). Interdependency between social care and hospital care: the case of hospital length of stay. European Journal of Public Health. 927-933.
- (2013). Between two beds: inappropriately delayed discharges from hospitals. International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics. 201-217.
- (2010). Does variation in general practitioner (GP) practice matter for the length of sick leave? A multilevel analysis based on Norwegian GP-patient data. Social Science and Medicine. 1590-1598.
- (2010). Does income-related health inequality change as the population ages? Evidence from Swedish panel data. Health Economics. 334-349.
- (2009). Does income-related health inequality change as the population ages? Evidence from Swedish panel data. Health Economics.
- (2008). Social capital externalities and mortality in Sweden. Economics and Human Biology. 19-42.
- (2006). Social capital and health: Does egalitarianism matter? A literature review. International Journal for Equity in Health.
- (2006). Does it really matter where you live? A panel data multilevel analysis of Swedish municipality level social capital on individual health-related quality of life. Health Economics, Policy and Law.
- (2003). Formal and informal care for people with Dementia: variation in costs over time. Ageing & Society. 303-326.
- (2002). Formal and informal care for people with Dementia: Factors associated with service receipt. Aging & Mental Health. 255-265.
- (2010). Teachers' sickness absence in primary schools: A panel data multilevel analysis. .
- (2009). Economic Effects of the Municipality Occupational Therapy Services in Norway. .
- (2008). Does variation in GP practice matter for the length of sickness absenteeism? A multilevel analysis based on Norwegian GP--patient data. .
- (2006). The costs of maternal–newborn illness and mortality . .
- (2017). Skill mix, and patient quality of life and satisfaction.
- (2017). Skill mix variations: Health outcomes and resource use.
- (2017). Skill mix and health outcomes: A European comparison of heart disease and breast cancer patients.
- (2017). SELFIE WP 5: (Comprehensive evaluations of most promising ICC models using MCDA): Status and Remaining Challanges .
- (2017). Health Outcomes.
- (2017). Does workplace social capital affect sickness absence? Evidence from Norway.
- (2016). The Impact of Workplace Social Capital on Sickness Absenteeism.
Popular scientific lecture
- (2021). Opponent (External Evaluator) of a PhD thesis titled "Hips don’t lie – the use of benchmarking and register data to assess the performance of orthopaedic care".
- (2020). Opponent (External Evaluator) of a PhD Thesis titled "Healthcare financing challenges and opportunities to achieving universal health coverage in the low- and middle-income country context".
- (2022). Parental health shocks and child educational outcomes.
- (2022). Gode pasientforløp.
- (2022). Employment Prospects of the Chronically Ill—Quantifying the ‘Shielding Effect’ of Education.
- (2022). Common psychological Illness: Does Continuity of GP-care matter for patients' labour market outcomes?
- (2021). Mental Illness and Labor Market Outcomes .
- (2021). Labour market participation of the chronically ill: Does education make any difference?
- (2020). Labor market trajectories of people with chronic conditions: the relations between local services provision and labor market participation.
- (2019). Patient Pathways, Multi-Morbidity and 30-day Survival Rates – The Norwegian Coordination Reform Revisited.
- (2019). MCDA results on Integrated Care Programme in Norway: Learning Network .
- (2019). General discussion on analytical and costing issues in WP5.
- (2018). SELFIE WP5–MCDA of Integrated Care Programme: Learning Network, Norway: Preliminary Results.
- (2018). SELFIE WP5- Example Statistical Analysis.
- (2018). SELFIE WP3 Financing Workshop: Coordination reform, Healthcare use and Health in Norway.
- (2018). Quasi-experimental studies and natural experiments to evaluate the performance.
- (2018). Incentive within primary care and the effects on health for multimorbid patients in Norway.
- (2018). HELSEVEL funding application: Discussion on the issues concerning quantitative study designs .
- (2016). Worplace Social capital and Sickness Absence.
- (2016). Sustainable intEgrated care modeLs for multi-morbidity: delivery, FInancing and performancE (SELFI) workshop.
- (2016). New Professional Roles: Processes, Productivity and Health Outcomes.
- (2016). Does Emergency Bed Capacity in Primary Care Effect Emergency Hospital Admissions?
- (2015). Workplace Social Capital, Life Style and Sickness Absence.
- (2015). Understanding Outcomes part 2: Process and Productivity indicators and Clinical Effect (WP 7).
- (2015). New Professional Roles: Processes, Productivity and Health Outcomes.
- (2015). Coordination Reform and Hospital Emergency Admissions in Norway: Results from a Quasi-Experiment.
- (2013). Primary Care Physician Capacity and Hospital Admissions.
- (2013). Economic Evaluation of Health Care.
- (2013). Capacity of Primary Physician practices and hospital admissions.
- (2012). Midterm Reviewer/Evaluator of a PhD project titled “Patient flow and health care costs in secondary care - A study of hospitals and ambulances”.
- (2012). Hospitals’ Bed Blocking by Elderly Patients: Do Social Care Resources Matter?
- (2011). The Social Capital and Health Hypothesis: A Theory and New Empirics Featuring the Norwegian HUNT Data.
- (2011). Long Term Care Services and Hospital Length of Stay in Norway: A Quantile Regression Analysis.
- (2011). Hvordan påvirker sosial kapital sykdommer folk får? Presenter: Oddvar Kaarbøe.
- (2011). Discussant on the paper entitled “Do hospitals respond to prices? Evidence from Norway” presented by Jurgita Januleviciute.
- (2011). Discussant on the paper entitled "Longitudinal Analysis of Generic Substitution" presented by Steinar Strøm.
- (2010). The social capital and health hypothesis: An integrating theory and new empirics.
- (2010). Teachers' sickness absence in primary schools: A panel data multilevel analysis.
- (2010). Job and Sickness Absence among Immigrants in Norway.
- (2010). Discussant on the paper entitled "Social Capital and Health of Older Europeans" by Nicolas Sirven.
- (2009). Variation in sickness absenteeism between the primary school teachers' in Norway: A panel data multilevel analysis.
- (2009). Does variation in GP practice really matter for the length of sickness absenteeism? A multilevel analysis based on Norwegian GP—patient data.
- (2009). Does variation in GP practice matter for the length of sick leave? A multilevel analysis.
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- (2018). Workplace social capital and sickness absence. 23 pages.
- (2018). Social capital and types of illness: where is it most effective? 12 pages.
- (2018). History of social capital and health. 10 pages.
- (2014). How Do We Invest in Social Capital? An Exploration of an Economic Model of Social Capital and Health. 10 pages.
Academic literature review
- (2022). Promoting labour market inclusion of the chronically ill: a scoping review of Scandinavian countries’ efforts. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. 1-11.
- (2022). Integrated care for multimorbidity population in Asian countries: A scoping review. International Journal of Integrated Care (IJIC). 1-28.
- (2022). A cross-sector systematic review and synthesis of knowledge on telemedicine interventions in chronic wound management—Implications from a system perspective. International Wound Journal. 1-13.
BSc & MSc in Econ (JU, BD)
MSc in Health Econ (York, UK);
PhD in Health Econ (Lund, Sweden)