Malin Bakke Frøystadvåg
- Visitor AddressHarald Hårfagres gate 15007 Bergen
- Postal AddressPostboks 78055020 Bergen
I am a PhD candidate affiliated with the research project Adult Acquisition of Norwegian as a Second Language (ALAN). My research is in the field of second language acquisition and Norwegian as a second language. My research interests include second language spelling and the relation between written and spoken language in the process of acquiring a new language.
The project is supervised by associate professor Åshild Søfteland (Østfold University College) and professor Ann-Kristin H. Gujord (University of Bergen).
- (2022). Spelling and Phonology in Norwegian as a Second Language.
- (2022). Sammenhengen mellom ortografi og fonologi i mellomspråk.
- (2022). In the Interface between Orthography and Phonology in Norwegian as a Second Language.
- (2020). Ekstra, ektra eller ekestara? Når somaliske stavelsesstrukturer møter norsk ortografi.
More information in national current research information system (CRIStin)
ALAN: Adult Acquisition of Norwegian as a Second Language
"The study will contribute new insights into how a hitherto understudied group adults develop their communicative abilities in a second language in a specific educational context."
I graduated from The Norwegian University of Science and Technology with a master's degree in Nordic Languages and Literature. I have worked as a research assistant at NTNU and The University of Bergen, as well as a lecturer at Nordkurs at The University of Oslo.