Manjeswori Ulak Chandyo
- Visitor AddressAlrek helseklynge, blokk D, Årstadveien 175009 Bergen
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
- (2022). The effect of infant vitamin B12 supplementation on neurodevelopment: A follow-up of a randomized placebo-controlled trial in Nepal. . British Journal of Nutrition. 1-8.
- (2022). The association between biomass fuel use for cooking and linear growth in young children in Bhaktapur, Nepal. Environment International. 15 pages.
- (2022). Full breastfeeding protection against common enteric bacteria and viruses: Results from the MAL-ED cohort study. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 759-769.
- (2021). The effect of vitamin B12-supplementation on actigraphy measured sleep pattern; a randomized control trial. Clinical Nutrition. 6 pages.
- (2021). One-Carbon Metabolism in Nepalese Infant-Mother Pairs and Child Cognition at 5 Years Old. Journal of Nutrition. 883-891.
- (2021). Cobalamin and folate status in women during early pregnancy in Bhaktapur, Nepal. Journal of Nutritional Science (JNS). 9 pages.
- (2020). Prevalence of underweight, overweight, and obesity in adults in Bhaktapur, Nepal in 2015–2017. Frontiers in Nutrition. 1-8.
- (2020). Effects of vitamin B12 supplementation on neurodevelopment and growth in Nepalese Infants: A randomized controlled trial. PLoS Medicine. 1-15.
- (2020). Early life experiences and trajectories of cognitive development. Pediatrics.
- (2020). Association of maternal plasma total cysteine and growth among infants in Nepal: A cohort study. Nutrients. 1-13.
- (2020). Agreement between mothers and fieldworkers while assessing child development using ages and stages questionnaires, Third edition in Nepal. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-9.
- (2019). The association between heart rate variability and neurocognitive and socio-emotional development in nepalese infants. Frontiers in Neuroscience. 1-10.
- (2019). Parental height modifies the association between linear growth and neurodevelopment in infancy. Acta Paediatrica. 1825-1832.
- (2019). Engagement in agriculture protects against food insecurity and malnutrition in peri-urban Nepal. Current Developments in Nutrition (CDN). 1-9.
- (2019). Determinants of cognitive development in the early life of children in Bhaktapur, Nepal. Frontiers in Psychology. 10 pages.
- (2018). Nutrient intake and environmental enteric dysfunction among Nepalese children 9-24 months old-the MAL-ED birth cohort study. Pediatric Research.
- (2018). Maternal and infant vitamin B12 status during infancy predict linear growth at 5 years. Pediatric Research. 611-618.
- (2018). Erythrocyte DHA and AA in infancy is not associated with developmental status and cognitive functioning five years later in Nepalese children. Nutrition Journal. 1-9.
- (2018). Environmental Enteropathy, Micronutrient Adequacy and Length Velocity in Nepalese Children - the Mal-Ed Birth Cohort Study. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition - JPGN.
- (2018). Cobalamin and folate status among breastfed infants in Bhaktapur, Nepal. Nutrients. 1-11.
- (2018). Acceptability and reliability of the Bayley Scales of infant and Toddler Development-III Among Children in Bhaktapur, Nepal. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-10.
- (2017). Vitamin B-12 status in infancy is positively associated with development and cognitive functioning 5 y later in Nepalese children. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 1122-1131.
- (2017). Use of antibiotics in children younger than two years in eight countries: A prospective cohort study. Bulletin of the World Health Organization. 49-61.
- (2017). Tracking of infant and young child feeding practices among 9- to 24-month-old children in Nepal: The MAL-ED Birth Cohort Study. Public Health Nutrition. 355-364.
- (2017). The effect of vitamin B12 supplementation in Nepalese infants on growth and development: Study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials. 1-9.
- (2017). How much do Nepalese mothers know about child development? Early Child Development and Care. 135-142.
- (2017). Erythrocyte fatty acid composition of Nepal breast-fed infants. European Journal of Nutrition. 1003-1013.
- (2017). Early antibiotic exposure in low-resource settings is associated with increased weight in the first two years of life. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition - JPGN. 350-356.
- (2017). Aflatoxin exposure during the first 36 months of life was not associated with impaired growth in Nepalese children: An extension of the MAL-ED study. PLOS ONE. 1-12.
- (2017). 25-hydroxy-vitamin D concentration is not affected by severe or non-severe pneumonia, or inflammation, in young children. Nutrients. 1-11.
- (2016). Vitamin status among breastfed infants in Bhaktapur, Nepal. Nutrients.
- (2016). The prevalence of anemia and iron deficiency is more common in breastfed infants than their mothers in Bhaktapur, Nepal. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 456-462.
- (2016). Nutritional intake and status of cobalamin and folate among non-pregnant women of reproductive age in Bhaktapur, Nepal. Nutrients.
- (2016). Low Prevalence of Vitamin D Insufficiency among Nepalese Infants Despite High Prevalence of Vitamin D Insufficiency among Their Mothers. Nutrients. E825.
- (2016). Iodine concentration in breastmilk and urine among lactating women of Bhaktapur, Nepal. Nutrients. 255.
- (2015). Prevalence of iron deficiency and anemia among young children with acute diarrhea in Bhaktapur, Nepal. Healthcare. 593-606.
- (2015). Cytokine concentrations in plasma from children with severe and non-severe community acquired pneumonia. PLOS ONE. 16 pages.
- (2014). Iron deficiency is uncommon among lactating women in urban Nepal, despite a high risk of inadequate dietary iron intake. British Journal of Nutrition. 132-141.
- (2014). Cobalamin and folate status in 6 to 35 months old children presenting with acute diarrhea in Bhaktapur, Nepal. PLOS ONE.
- (2014). Bhaktapur, Nepal: The MAL-ED birth cohort study in Nepal. Clinical Infectious Diseases. S300-S303.
- (2012). Risk factors for extended duration of acute diarrhea in young children. PLOS ONE.
- (2012). Infant feeding practices in Bhaktapur, Nepal: across-sectional, health facility based survey. International Breastfeeding Journal. 8 pages.
- (2010). Two weeks of zinc administration to Nepalese children with pneumonia does not reduce the incidence of pneumonia or diarrhea during the next six months. Journal of Nutrition. 1677-1682.
- (2009). Zinc deficiency is common among healthy women of reproductive age in Bhaktapur, Nepal. Journal of Nutrition. 594-597.
- (2007). Prevalence of iron deficiency and anemia among healthy women of reproductive age in Bhaktapur, Nepal. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 262-269.
- (2004). Cobalamin and folate status among adolescent girls in Bhaktapur, Nepal.
- (2013). DIETARY IRON INTAKE AND IRON STATUS AMONG LACTATING WOMEN IN BHAKTAPUR, NEPAL. Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism. 641-642.
- (2009). FOLATE AND VITAMIN B12 STATUS IN YOUNG NEPALESE CHILDREN. Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism. 488-489.
- (2009). EFFICACY OF SHORT COURSE ORAL ZINC GIVEN DURING PNEUMONIA ON SUBSEQUENT MORBIDITY AMONG YOUNG CHILDREN IN NEPAL. Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism. 264-264.
- (2016). Prevalence of vitamin A deficiency among lactating mothers and infants in Bhaktapur, Nepal.
- (2009). Folate and vitamin B12 status in young nepalese children.
Academic literature review
- (2017). The effects of vitamin B12 supplementation in pregnancy and postpartum on growth and neurodevelopment in early childhood: Study Protocol for a Randomized Placebo Controlled Trial. BMJ Open.
Article in business/trade/industry journal
- (2022). Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on daily life and worry among mothers in Bhaktapur, Nepal. PLoS Global Public Health.
- (2022). Biomass fuel use for cooking in Nepalese families and child cognitive abilities, results from a community-based study. Environmental Research.