Manjeswori Ulak Chandyo
- Visitor AddressAlrek helseklynge, blokk D, Årstadveien 17
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
- 2021. One-Carbon Metabolism in Nepalese Infant-Mother Pairs and Child Cognition at 5 Years Old. Journal of Nutrition. 883-891.
- 2020. Prevalence of underweight, overweight, and obesity in adults in Bhaktapur, Nepal in 2015–2017. Frontiers in Nutrition. 1-8.
- 2020. Effects of vitamin B12 supplementation on neurodevelopment and growth in Nepalese Infants: A randomized controlled trial. PLoS Medicine. 1-15.
- 2020. Association of maternal plasma total cysteine and growth among infants in Nepal: A cohort study. Nutrients. 1-13.
- 2020. Agreement between mothers and fieldworkers while assessing child development using ages and stages questionnaires, Third edition in Nepal. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-9.
- 2019. The association between heart rate variability and neurocognitive and socio-emotional development in nepalese infants. Frontiers in Neuroscience. 1-10.
- 2019. Parental height modifies the association between linear growth and neurodevelopment in infancy. Acta Paediatrica. 1825-1832.
- 2019. Engagement in agriculture protects against food insecurity and malnutrition in peri-urban Nepal. Current Developments in Nutrition (CDN). 1-9.
- 2019. Determinants of cognitive development in the early life of children in Bhaktapur, Nepal. Frontiers in Psychology. 10 pages.
- 2018. Nutrient intake and environmental enteric dysfunction among Nepalese children 9-24 months old-the MAL-ED birth cohort study. Pediatric Research.
- 2018. Maternal and infant vitamin B12 status during infancy predict linear growth at 5 years. Pediatric Research. 611-618.
- 2018. Erythrocyte DHA and AA in infancy is not associated with developmental status and cognitive functioning five years later in Nepalese children. Nutrition Journal. 1-9.
- 2018. Environmental Enteropathy, Micronutrient Adequacy and Length Velocity in Nepalese Children - the Mal-Ed Birth Cohort Study. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition - JPGN.
- 2018. Cobalamin and folate status among breastfed infants in Bhaktapur, Nepal. Nutrients. 1-11.
- 2018. Acceptability and reliability of the Bayley Scales of infant and Toddler Development-III Among Children in Bhaktapur, Nepal. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-10.
- 2017. Vitamin B-12 status in infancy is positively associated with development and cognitive functioning 5 y later in Nepalese children. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 1122-1131.
- 2017. Use of antibiotics in children younger than two years in eight countries: A prospective cohort study. Bulletin of the World Health Organization. 49-61.
- 2017. Tracking of infant and young child feeding practices among 9- to 24-month-old children in Nepal: The MAL-ED Birth Cohort Study. Public Health Nutrition. 355-364.
- 2017. The effect of vitamin B12 supplementation in Nepalese infants on growth and development: Study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials. 1-9.
- 2017. How much do Nepalese mothers know about child development? Early Child Development and Care. 135-142.
- 2017. Erythrocyte fatty acid composition of Nepal breast-fed infants. European Journal of Nutrition. 1003-1013.
- 2017. Early antibiotic exposure in low-resource settings is associated with increased weight in the first two years of life. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition - JPGN. 350-356.
- 2017. Aflatoxin exposure during the first 36 months of life was not associated with impaired growth in Nepalese children: An extension of the MAL-ED study. PLOS ONE. 1-12.
- 2017. 25-hydroxy-vitamin D concentration is not affected by severe or non-severe pneumonia, or inflammation, in young children. Nutrients. 1-11.
- 2016. Vitamin status among breastfed infants in Bhaktapur, Nepal. Nutrients.
- 2016. The prevalence of anemia and iron deficiency is more common in breastfed infants than their mothers in Bhaktapur, Nepal. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 456-462.
- 2016. Nutritional intake and status of cobalamin and folate among non-pregnant women of reproductive age in Bhaktapur, Nepal. Nutrients.
- 2016. Low Prevalence of Vitamin D Insufficiency among Nepalese Infants Despite High Prevalence of Vitamin D Insufficiency among Their Mothers. Nutrients. E825.
- 2016. Iodine concentration in breastmilk and urine among lactating women of Bhaktapur, Nepal. Nutrients. 255.
- 2015. Prevalence of iron deficiency and anemia among young children with acute diarrhea in Bhaktapur, Nepal. Healthcare. 593-606.
- 2015. Cytokine concentrations in plasma from children with severe and non-severe community acquired pneumonia. PLOS ONE. 16 pages.
- 2014. Iron deficiency is uncommon among lactating women in urban Nepal, despite a high risk of inadequate dietary iron intake. British Journal of Nutrition. 132-141.
- 2014. Cobalamin and folate status in 6 to 35 months old children presenting with acute diarrhea in Bhaktapur, Nepal. PLOS ONE.
- 2014. Bhaktapur, Nepal: The MAL-ED birth cohort study in Nepal. Clinical Infectious Diseases. S300-S303.
- 2012. Risk factors for extended duration of acute diarrhea in young children. PLOS ONE.
- 2012. Infant feeding practices in Bhaktapur, Nepal: across-sectional, health facility based survey. International Breastfeeding Journal. 8 pages.
- 2010. Two weeks of zinc administration to Nepalese children with pneumonia does not reduce the incidence of pneumonia or diarrhea during the next six months. Journal of Nutrition. 1677-1682.
- 2009. Zinc deficiency is common among healthy women of reproductive age in Bhaktapur, Nepal. Journal of Nutrition. 594-597.
- 2007. Prevalence of iron deficiency and anemia among healthy women of reproductive age in Bhaktapur, Nepal. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 262-269.
- 2004. Cobalamin and folate status among adolescent girls in Bhaktapur, Nepal.
- 2013. DIETARY IRON INTAKE AND IRON STATUS AMONG LACTATING WOMEN IN BHAKTAPUR, NEPAL. Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism. 641-642.
- 2009. FOLATE AND VITAMIN B12 STATUS IN YOUNG NEPALESE CHILDREN. Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism. 488-489.
- 2009. EFFICACY OF SHORT COURSE ORAL ZINC GIVEN DURING PNEUMONIA ON SUBSEQUENT MORBIDITY AMONG YOUNG CHILDREN IN NEPAL. Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism. 264-264.
- 2016. Prevalence of vitamin A deficiency among lactating mothers and infants in Bhaktapur, Nepal.
- 2009. Folate and vitamin B12 status in young nepalese children.
Academic literature review
- 2017. The effects of vitamin B12 supplementation in pregnancy and postpartum on growth and neurodevelopment in early childhood: Study Protocol for a Randomized Placebo Controlled Trial. BMJ Open.