I currently work as a scientist at the Center for Diabetes Research, Department of Clinical Science, University of Bergen, and at the Center for Medical Genetics and Molecular Medicine, Haukeland University Hospital, both in Bergen, Norway.
My research focus is the combination of genetic, signalling, and rich phenotypic information to provide better understanding of disease mechanisms. My expertise is the analysis of large cohorts and publicly available data sets. I have strong interests in knowledge sharing and education, and try to make my work open and documented.
I am always happy to discuss possible projects and collaborations, and to help with the interpretation of clinical data - don't hesitate to contact me!
- PeptideShaker: Graphical and command line interface for the interpretation of proteomics identification results allowing the reprocessing of public data (link).
- SearchGUI: Graphical and command line interface for the operation of multiple search engines (link).
- DeNovoGUI: Graphical and command line interface for the operation of de novo sequencing algorithms (link).
- Reporter: Graphical interface for reporter ion based protein quantification (link).
- PeptideMapper: Lightweight and quick index for protein sequence databases in the fasta format (link).
- Pladipus: cluster computing framework (link).
- MascotDatfile: Parser for Mascot search result files (link).
- OMSSA Parser: Parser for OMSSA search result files (link).
- XTandem Parser: Parser for X!Tandem search result files (link).
Initiatives for the improvement of biomedical research through better coordination of efforts in bioinformatics
- Bioinformatics Hub: Open space at scientific conferences for scientists to come together and exchange on bioinformatics (link).
- European Bioinformatics Community (EuBIC): Initiative of young investigators supported by the EuPA for user-oriented bioinformatics (link).