- (2023). “The challenge is the complexity” – A qualitative study about decision-making in advanced lung cancer treatment. Lung Cancer.
- (2022). Etiske dilemmaer for sykehjemsleger under covid-19-pandemien. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 1-9.
- (2021). Priority-setting dilemmas, moral distress and support experienced by nurses and physicians in the early phase of the COVID-19 pandemic in Norway. Nursing Ethics. 66-81.
- (2020). Feasibility and acceptability of introducing advance care planning on a thoracic medicine inpatient ward: an exploratory mixed method study. BMJ Open Respiratory Research. 1-10.
- (2020). Factors affecting quality of end-of-life hospital care - a qualitative analysis of free text comments from the i-CODE survey in Norway. BMC Palliative Care. 1-9.
- (2020). Baseline frailty status and outcomes important for shared decision‑making in older adults receiving transcatheter aortic valve implantation, a prospective observational study. Aging Clinical and Experimental Research. 1-8.
- (2019). Preventing Suicide among Psychiatric Inpatients with Psychotic Depression. Psychiatric quarterly. 14 pages.
- (2019). Medisinstudenters holdninger og forventninger til fremtidige arbeidsvilkår. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 1660-1664.
- (2019). A novel Geriatric Assessment frailty score predicts 2-year mortality after Transcatheter Aortic Valve implantation. European Heart Journal - Quality of Care and Clinical Outcomes. 153-160.
- (2018). Advance care planning in life-threatening pulmonary disease: a focus group study. European Respiratory Journal Open Research (ERJ Open Research). 9 pages.
- (2017). Psychotic depression and suicidal behavior. Psychiatry. 17-29.
- (2017). Nursing home physicians’ assessments of barriers and strategies for end-of-life care in Norway and the Netherlands. Journal of the American Medical Directors Association. 713-718.
- (2017). Doctors’ learning experiences in end-of-life care – a focus group study from nursing homes. BMC Medical Education. 1-8.
- (2017). Conditions for autonomous choice: a qualitative study of older adults’ experience of decision-making in TAVR. Journal of Geriatric Cardiology. 42-48.
- (2016). The impact of existential vulnerability for nursing home doctors in end-of-life care: A focus group study. Patient Education and Counseling. 2043-2048.
- (2016). Patients' goals, resources, and barriers to future change: A qualitative study of patient reflections at hospital discharge after myocardial infarction. European Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing. 495-503.
- (2014). Implementation of transcatheter aortic valve insertion (TAVI) in clinical practice: An ethical analysis. Clinical Ethics. 96-103.
- (2014). End-of-life expectations and experiences among nursing home patients and their relatives — a synthesis of qualitative studies. Patient Education and Counseling. 3-9.
- (2014). Drug treatment at the end of life: An epidemiologic study in nursing homes. Scandinavian Journal of Primary Health Care. 187-192.
- (2011). Hope in action - facing cardiac death: A qualitative study of patients with life-threatening disease. International Journal of Qualitative Studies on Health and Well-being.
- (2009). "So you think I'll survive?": a qualitative study about doctor-patient dialogues preceding high-risk cardiac surgery or intervention. Heart. 1245-1249.
- (2008). "If you cannot tolerate that risk, you should never become a physician": a qualitative study about existential experiences among physicians. Journal of Medical Ethics. 767-771.
- (2001). Skjebnezapping - medisinsk grunnopplæring, legestudenters dannelse og den etiske fordring. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 1618-1621.
- (2022). To ukers elektivt fordypningskurs i palliativ medisin ved medisinstudiet i Bergen: opplegg og utbytte.
- (2019). Healthcare professionals’ views on implementation of Advance Care Planning for patients with advanced pulmonary disease – a pilot study. .
- (2019). Advance Care Planning with patients having advanced pulmonary disease – A qualitative study in a hospital setting in Western Norway.
- (2018). Introduksjon av forhåndssamtaler for pasienter med livstruende lungesykdom.
- (2017). Barriers and strategies for end-of-life care in nursing homes in Norway and the Netherlands.
- (2016). Palliative drug treatment in life last days – prevalence and evidence base.
- (2016). How do young doctors' clinical experiences from nursing homes provide access to situated learning about dying? A focus group study.
- (2016). Doctors working with dying nursing home patients meet their own existential vulnerability.
- (2014). Patients’ and relatives’ expectations and experiences regarding end-of-life in nursing homes – A meta-ethnography.
- (2014). Døden i sykehjem – pasienters og pårørendes tanker og forventninger.
- (2014). Drug prescribing for nursing home patients in their last days of life.
- (2014). . End-of-life expectations and experiences among patients in long-term care institutions and their relatives. A synthesis of qualitative studies.
- (2013). Patients' and relatives' thoughts about death.
- (2013). Drug prescribing as part of end-of-life care.
Reader opinion piece
- (2015). Vil beholde LCP for døende. Dagens medisin.
Letter to the editor
- (2022). Leserbrief zu “New status report from Norway: Implementation of patient involvement in Norwegian health care” (ZEFQ) 171 (2022) 105–112 von J. Kasper et al. Zeitschrift fur Evidenz, Fortbildung und Qualitat im Gesundheitswesen. 119-120.
- (2018). Livets slutt i sykehjem. Pasientens ønsker og legens rolle.
- (2017). End of life care in nursing homes. Palliative drug prescribing and doctors’ existential vulnerability.
- (2010). Å dele uvissa og ansvaret. Ein kvalitativ studie av livets grunnvilkår i medisinsk praksis.
- (2019). Healthcare professionals' views on implementation of Advance Care Planning for patients with advanced pulmonary diseases - a pilot study. Palliative Medicine. 68-69.
- (2018). Introducing advance care planning for patients with life-threatening pulmonary disease in the hospital setting – what do patients talk about? . Palliative Medicine. 278-278.
- (2015). «It is difficult to talk about, but I think it can help me» - A qualitative study about Advance Care Planning for patients with life-threatening pulmonary disease. Abstract P1-158. European Journal of Palliative Care. 102-102.
- (2022). A two-week student-selected component in palliative medicine for undergraduate medical students: design and outcomes. .
- (2021). "Det var 15 minutter uten smerter" - en pilotstudie om implementering av musikkterapi for mennesker med uhelbredelig lungesykdom.
- (2019). Factors affecting quality of end-of-life care - a qualitative analysis of free text comments from the i-CODE survey in Norway.
- (2017). Geriatric Assessment and Frailty score predicts clinical outcome of Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation.
- (2016). Nursing home doctors’ assessments of barriers and strategies for end-of-life care in Norway and the Netherlands.
- (2015). «It is difficult to talk about, but I think it can help me» - A qualitative study about Advance Care Planning for patients with life-threatening pulmonary disease.
- (2015). It wasn’t as hard as I thought –a focus group study about newly qualified doctors’ learning experiences with end-of-life care.
- (2015). How do young doctors' clinical experiences from nursing homes provide access to situated learning about death and dying? A focus group study.
- (2015). Doctors working with dying nursing home patients meet their own existential vulnerability.
Academic literature review
- (2016). Drug utilization and medication costs at the end of life. Expert review of pharmacoeconomics & outcomes research. 237-243.