- (2023). Teaching sustainability at the high sea: the “One Ocean Expedition”. Sustainability Science. 1-13.
- (2022). Human organotypic airway and lung organoid cells of bronchiolar and alveolar differentiation are permissive to infection by influenza and SARS-CoV-2 respiratory virus. Frontiers in Cellular and Infection Microbiology. 1-23.
- (2021). Lærebøkenes tid er ikke forbi. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 1-2.
- (2021). Induction of alveolar and bronchiolar phenotypes in human lung organoids. Physiological Reports.
- (2020). Coagulation markers as predictors for clinical events in COPD. Respirology (Carlton South. Print). 1-10.
- (2019). The respiratory virome and exacerbations in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. PLOS ONE. 1-17.
- (2019). Sputum microbiota and inflammation at stable state and during exacerbations in a cohort of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) patients. PLOS ONE. 1-18.
- (2019). Increase in curative treatment and survival of lung cancer in Norway 2001-2016. European Journal of Epidemiology (EJE). 951-955.
- (2019). Dynamic differences in dietary polyunsaturated fatty acid metabolism in sputum of COPD patients and controls. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta - Molecular and Cell Biology of Lipids. 224-233.
- (2018). Substantial nation-wide improvement in lung cancer relative survival in Norway from 2000 to 2016. Lung Cancer. 138-145.
- (2017). Protected sampling is preferable in bronchoscopic studies of the airway microbiome. European Respiratory Journal Open Research (ERJ Open Research).
- (2017). Comparing microbiota profiles in induced and spontaneous sputum samples in COPD patients. Respiratory Research. 1-9.
- (2017). Antimicrobial peptide levels are linked to airway inflammation, bacterial colonisation and exacerbations in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. European Respiratory Journal. 1-12.
- (2016). Oxygen desaturation in 6-min walk test is a risk factor for adverse outcomes in COPD patients. European Respiratory Journal. 82-91.
- (2016). Diffusion capacity and CT measures of emphysema and airway wall thickness – relation to arterial oxygen tension in COPD patients. European Clinical Respiratory Journal.
- (2015). Vitamin D, vitamin D binding protein, and longitudinal outcomes in COPD. PLOS ONE.
- (2015). Serial measurements of arterial oxygen tension are associated with mortality in COPD. COPD: Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. 287-294.
- (2015). Interaction between asthma and smoking increases the risk of adult airway obstruction. European Respiratory Journal. 635-643.
- (2014). Predictors of exacerbations in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease - results from the Bergen COPD Cohort Study. PLOS ONE.
- (2014). Predictors for PaO2 and hypoxemic respiratory failure in COPD-A three-year follow-up. COPD: Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. 531-538.
- (2014). Comparison of inflammatory markers in induced and spontaneous sputum in a cohort of COPD patients. Respiratory Research.
- (2013). Non-response in telephone surveys of COPD patients does not introduce bias. Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare. 40-44.
- (2012). Explained variance for blood gases in a population with COPD. Clinical Respiratory Journal. 72-80.
- (2012). Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is associated with low levels of vitamin D. PLOS ONE. 8 pages.
- (2010). Respiratory symptoms in adults are related to impaired quality of life, regardless of asthma and COPD: results from the European community respiratory health survey. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes.
- (2010). Neutrophil Gelatinase-Associated Lipocalin A Biomarker in COPD. Chest. 888-895.
- (2007). Changes in Respiratory Symptoms and Health-Related Quality of Life. Chest. 1890-1897.
- (2020). Lungekreft: Forbedret prognose gir kapasitetsutfordringer. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
Letter to the editor
- (2022). Characteristics and survival of patients with non-small cell lung cancer treated with immune-checkpoint inhibitors in the real-world: experiences from Bergen, Norway. Acta Oncologica. 814-818.
- (2020). Changes in the induced sputum proteome during COPD exacerbations. European Respiratory Journal.
- (2019). Alterations in sputum inflammatory markers during exacerbations for COPD patients with different stable state levels. European Respiratory Journal.
- (2014). Interleukin-18 levels in induced sputum of stable and exacerbated COPD patients. European Respiratory Journal.
Academic literature review
- (2020). COVID-19 and venous thromboembolism - prophylaxis and treatment. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 6 pages.