- Visitor AddressAlrek helseklynge, blokk D, Årstadveien 175009 Bergen
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
PhD Candidate Marianne Lønnebotn is using data from large, long-term health surveys with information that extends over several generations to study how factors such as being overweight can affect the respiratory health of respondents’ offspring.
PhD-project: Preparing for Parenthood Already in Childhood
- Teached Cohort studies, Epidemiology (INTH302), UiB
- Coordinator Epidemiology, INTH302, UiB
- Teached "Overweight in pregnancy, labour and post-partum" for midwife students at the Western Norway University of Applied Sciences
- (2022). Parental Prepuberty Overweight and Offspring Lung Function. Nutrients.
- (2022). Metformin exposure, maternal PCOS status and fetal venous liver circulation: A randomized, placebo-controlled study. PLOS ONE.
- (2019). Use of metformin to treat pregnant women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PregMet2): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. The Lancet Diabetes and Endocrinology. 256-266.
- (2019). Being overweight in childhood, puberty, or early adulthood: Changing asthma risk in the next generation? Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 1-13.
- (2018). Polycystic ovary syndrome, body mass index and hypertensive disorders in pregnancy. Pregnancy Hypertension. 32-37.
- (2018). Body silhouettes as a tool to reflect obesity in the past. PLOS ONE. 1-13.
- (2017). Validation of maternal reported pregnancy and birth characteristics against the Medical Birth Registry of Norway. PLOS ONE. 1-12.
- (2021). Parental pre-puberty overweight and offspring adult height in Abstracts of the 12th European Congress on Tropical Medicine and International Health 28 September - 1 October 2021, Bergen, norway. Tropical medicine & international health. 228-228.
- (2021). Father's prepuberty overweight and adult lung function and height in future sons. European Respiratory Journal.
- (2020). Lung function in adult offspring as assocaited with their father's overweight in childhood/puberty. European Respiratory Journal.
- (2017). Late Breaking Abstract- Mothers' preconception overweight and offspring asthma. European Respiratory Journal.
- (2016). LATE-BREAKING ABSTRACT: Validation of self-reported body silhouettes in a Northern European study. European Respiratory Journal.
- (2018). Associations of fathers and their offsprings weight gain With non-allergic asthma.
- (2021). The Exposome Approach in Allergies and Lung Diseases: Is It Time to Define a Preconception Exposome? International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (IJERPH).
- (2018). Environmental Impact on Health across Generations: Policy Meets Biology. A Review of Animal and Human Models. Challenges.
Link to PubMed
1. Being overweight in childhood, puberty, or early adulthood: Changing asthma risk in the next generation?
Johannessen A, Lønnebotn M, Calciano L, Benediktsdóttir B, Bertelsen RJ, Bråbäck L, Dharmage S, Franklin KA, Gislason T, Holm M, Janson C, Jarvis D, Jõgi R, Kim JL, Kirkeleit J, Lodge C, Malinovschi A, Martinez-Moratalla J, Nilsen RM, Pereira-Vega A, Real FG, Schlünssen V, Accordini S, Svanes C.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2020 Mar;145(3):791-799.e4. doi: 10.1016/j.jaci.2019.08.030. Epub 2019 Sep 7.PMID: 31505189 Free article.
This paper demonstrated that fathers who were overweight puberty (but not if they became overweight after puberty) were more likely to cause asthma in their future offspring. Published with editorial. Altmetric score: 76, attention 96 percentile.
2. Environmental Impact on Health across Generations: Policy Meets Biology. A Review of Animal and Human Models
Lønnebotn M, El-Merhie N, Holloway JW, Horsnell W, Krauss-Etschmann S, Gómez Real F, Svanes C. Challenges. 2018; 9(2):42.
Marianne Lønnebotn is educated nurse and midwife. Master in Nursing Science/Health sciences at UiB.
Fieldworker for PregMet2 in Bergen, a Nordic Multicenter Study
1. Polycystic ovary syndrome, body mass index and hypertensive disorders in pregnancy.
Lønnebotn M, Natvig GK, Benediktsdóttir B, Burgess JA, Holm M, Jógi R, Lindberg E, Macsali F, Schlünssen V, Skulstad SM, Franklin KA, Vanky E, Gòmez Real F.Pregnancy Hypertens. 2018 Jan;11:32-37. doi: 10.1016/j.preghy.2017.12.006. Epub 2017 Dec 24.PMID: 29523270
2. Use of metformin to treat pregnant women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PregMet2): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial
Tone S Løvvik, Sven M Carlsen, Øyvind Salvesen, Berglind Steffensen, Marie Bixo, Francisco Gómez-Real, Marianne Lønnebotn, Kristin V Hestvold, Renata Zabielska, Angelica L Hirschberg, Anastasia Trouva, Solveig Thorarinsdottir, Sissel Hjelle, Ann Hilde Berg, Frida Andræ, Inger S Poromaa, Johanna Mohlin, Maria Underdal, Eszter VankyRandomized Controlled Trial, Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2019 Apr;7(4):256-266.