Marte Innselset Flydal
- Visitor AddressJonas Lies vei 915009 BergenRoom5A115B
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
- Article in Aftenposten Viten September 2018: "Norske forskere vil gjøre «verdens verste diett» litt bedre" https://www.uib.no/en/biomedisin/120650/our-research-molecular-crutches-national-media
- School visits through Rollemodell.no: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uNGGkfhbmE
- Finalist in Forsker Grand Prix Bergen 2012: https://tv.nrk.no/serie/kunnskapskanalen/2013/MDFP17003512#t=44m55s
- (2022). Structural mechanism for tyrosine hydroxylase inhibition by dopamine and reactivation by Ser40 phosphorylation. Nature Communications.
- (2021). Inhibition of the Human Hsc70 System by Small Ligands as a Potential Anticancer Approach. Cancers.
- (2020). Levalbuterol lowers the feedback inhibition by dopamine and delays misfolding and aggregation in tyrosine hydroxylase. Biochimie.
- (2020). Arc self‐association and formation of virus‐like capsids are mediated by an N‐terminal helical coil motif. The FEBS Journal.
- (2019). Structure of full-length human phenylalanine hydroxylase in complex with tetrahydrobiopterin. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 11229-11234.
- (2017). New perspectives for pharmacological chaperoning treatment in methylmalonic aciduria cblB type. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta - Molecular Basis of Disease. 640-648.
- (2016). Stable preparations of tyrosine hydroxylase provide the solution structure of the full-length enzyme. Scientific Reports. 14 pages.
- (2016). Regulation of tyrosine hydroxylase is preserved across different homo- and heterodimeric 14-3-3 proteins. Amino Acids. 1221-1229.
- (2015). Discovery of a Specific Inhibitor of Pyomelanin Synthesis in Legionella pneumophila. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 8402-8412.
- (2015). Brain catecholamine depletion and motor impairment in a Th knock-in mouse with type B tyrosine hydroxylase deficiency. Brain. 2948-2963.
- (2015). Arc is a flexible modular protein capable of reversible self-oligomerization. Biochemical Journal. 145-158.
- (2013). Structural and thermodynamic insight into phenylalanine hydroxylase from the human pathogen Legionella pneumophila. FEBS Open Bio. 370-378.
- (2012). Phenylalanine hydroxylase from legionella pneumophila is a thermostable enzyme with a major functional role in pyomelanin synthesis. PLOS ONE. 13 pages.
- (2011). The Host-Pathogen interaction of human cyclophilin A and HIV-1 Vpr requires specific N-terminal and novel C-terminal domains. BMC Structural Biology. 16 pages.
- (2010). Superstoichiometric binding of L-Phe to phenylalanine hydroxylase from Caenorhabditis elegans: evolutionary implications. Amino Acids. 1463-1475.
- (2009). Evolution of regulation, structure and function in phenylalanine hydroxylase. Pteridines. 42-50.
- (2007). Structure of phenylalanine hydroxylase from Colwellia psychrerythraea 34H, a monomeric cold active enzyme with local flexibility around the active site and high overall stability. Journal of Biological Chemistry.
- (2020). The solution structure of the human brain-protein arc studied by NMR.
Thesis at a second degree level
- (2005). Characterization and thermostability of cell division control protein 6 from (hyper)thermophilic Archaea.
- (2021). The co-chaperone DNAJC12 and its client phenylalanine hydroxylase.
- (2020). Understanding the interaction between the co-chaperone DNAJC12 and tyrosine hydroxylase.
- (2005). Characterisation and thermostability of cell division control protein 6 from (hyper)thermophilic archaea.
Popular scientific article
- (2020). The time of Corona - report from a home office in Bergen. NBS-nytt. 15-16.
- (2018). Norske forskere vil gjøre verdens verste diett litt bedre. Aftenposten Viten.
- (2017). Forskere i Bergen løser ME-gåten. NBS-nytt. 12-15.
- (2015). Ebolaforsker i Norge. NBS-nytt. 10-12.
- (2012). Structure, function and regulation of non-mammalian forms of phenylalanine hydroxylase.
- (2009). Using the nematode enzyme as template for elucidating regulatory mechanism of phenylalanine hydroxylase. The FEBS Journal. 365-365.
- (2022). Tyrosine hydroxylase deficiency: developing precision medicine approaches to treat rare metabolic disorders.
Academic literature review
- (2021). Personalized medicine to improve treatment of dopa-responsive dystonia—a focus on tyrosine hydroxylase deficiency. Journal of Personalized Medicine. 28 pages.
- (2013). Phenylalanine hydroxylase: Function, structure, and regulation. IUBMB Life. 341-349.
Article in business/trade/industry journal
- (2022). Slik utvikler vi norske fagtermer i celle-og molekylærbiologi. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 4 pages.
- (2021). Et kappløp for norsk fagspråk. Michael. 81-91.
- (2020). Differential scanning fluorimetry in the screening and validation of pharmacological chaperones for soluble and membrane proteins. 329-343. In:
- (2020). Protein Homeostasis Diseases: Mechanisms and Novel Therapies. Elsevier.
More information in national current research information system (CRIStin)