- (2022). Borders and Betrayal in Zora Neale Hurston’s Barracoon: Rethinking Truths and Facts in the American Slave Narrative. Canadian Review of American Studies.
- (2021). The Death and Resurrection of Oshun in Beyoncé's Lemonade: Subverting the Institutionalized Borders of Western Christian Thought in American Popular Culture. Journal of Popular Culture.
- (2018). Triple consciousness: The reimagination of black female identities in contemporary American culture. Open Cultural Studies. 296-306.
- (2017). A Neo-Noir Morality Play by Bridget Gregory. 씨네포럼 CINEFORUM. 205-222.
- (2021). Harlem to World and World to Harlem: Revisiting the Transnational Negotiations of Harlem Renaissance Narratives. 189-201. In:
- (2021). Aesthetic apprehensions : Silences and absences in false familiarities. Lexington Books.