My research interests encompass the palynology, palaeoenvironments and palaeoclimates of the Palaeozoic and Mesozoic. Much of my recent work has focused on the palynostratigraphy of the Middle - Upper Triassic succession of Svalbard and the Norwegian Barents Sea. However, I am also interested in wider issues such as the global Triassic climate and floral evolution.
- 2019. Late Triassic (early Carnian–Norian) palynology of the Sentralbanken High, Norwegian Barents Sea. Palynology. 43: 53-75. doi: 10.1080/01916122.2017.1413018
- 2019. Lycopsid megaspores from the Upper Triassic of Svalbard and their relationship to the floras and palaeoenvironments of northern Pangaea. Special Papers in Palaeontology. 1-23. doi: doi: 10.1002/spp2.1251
- 2018. The temporal and spatial distribution of Triassic dinoflagellate cysts. Review of Palaeobotany and Palynology. 261: 53-66. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.revpalbo.2018.11.010
- 2017. Remove the rock to reveal the past. In: 52 more things you should know about palaeontology (Cullum & Martinius eds.). 2 pages. ISBN: 9780987959478.
- 2017. Palynology and depositional environments of the Middle — Late Triassic (Anisian — Rhaetian) Kobbe, Snadd and Fruholmen formations,southern Barents Sea, Arctic Norway. Marine and Petroleum Geology. 86: 304-324. doi: 10.1016/j.marpetgeo.2017.05.033
- 2017. Late Triassic (early Carnian) palynology of shallow stratigraphical core 7830/5-U-1, offshore Kong Karls Land, Norwegian Arctic. Palynology. 41: 230-254. doi: 10.1080/01916122.2016.1163295
- 2016. A multidisciplinary biofacies characterisation of the Late Triassic (late Carnian-Rhaetian) Kapp Toscana Group on Hopen, Arctic Norway. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology. 464: 16-42. doi: 10.1016/j.palaeo.2015.10.035
- 2015. Late Triassic (Carnian- Rhaetian) palynology of Hopen, Svalbard. Review of Palaeobotany and Palynology. 220: 98-119. doi: 10.1016/j.revpalbo.2015.05.001
- 2014. The Hopen Member: A new member of the Triassic De Geerdalen Formation, Svalbard. Norwegian Petroleum Directorate Bulletin. 11. 81-96.
England, J., Cusack, M., Paterson, N.W., Edwards, P., Lee, M.R. 2006. Hyperspectral cathodoluminescence imaging of modern and fossil carbonate shells. Journal of Geophysical Research 111 (G3), 1-8
'ISBAR - Internal and external forcing factors on the Source-to-Sink infill dynamics of the Lower Mesozoic Greater Barents Sea Basin'
Spatial-temporal reconstruction of the Triassic Hammerfest basin fill (“TriasHam”)
Middle to Late Triassic palynostratigraphy in the Barents Sea area