- (2022). Daily work pressure and task performance: The moderating role of recovery and sleep. Frontiers in Psychology.
- (2022). Daily transformational leadership: A source of inspiration for follower performance? European Management Journal. 9 pages.
- (2022). Daily interpersonal conflicts and daily exposure to bullying behaviors at work: The moderating roles of trait anger and trait anxiety. Applied Psychology. 22 pages.
- (2022). Daily autonomy and job performance: Does person-organization fit act as a key resource? Journal of Vocational Behavior. 15 pages.
- (2021). Work pressure and recovery during a cross-atlantic voyage: A test of the stressor-detachment model. International Journal of Stress Management. 245-255.
- (2021). Teamwork on Patrol: Investigating Teamwork Processes and Underlaying Coordinating Mechanisms in a Police Training Program. Frontiers in Psychology.
- (2021). Gaming in the Military: A Longitudinal Study of Changes in Gaming Behavior Among Conscripts During Military Service and Associated Risk Factors. Frontiers in Psychiatry. 7 pages.
- (2021). Do Ideals Differ and Matter? An Investigation of Authentic Leadership Ideals Among Norwegian Military Officers Across Generations – and Its Impact on Leadership Practice. Scandinavian Journal of Military Studies (SJMS). 13-25.
- (2020). Trust After Just 45 Seconds? An Experimental Vignette Study of How Leader Behavior and Emotional States Influence Immediate Trust in Strangers. Frontiers in Psychology. 6 pages.
- (2020). Passive avoidant leadership and safety non-compliance: A 30 days diary study among naval cadets . Safety Science. 1-8.
- (2020). Outcomes of a proximal workplace intervention against workplace bullying and harassment: A protocol for a cluster randomized controlled trial among Norwegian industrial workers. Frontiers in Psychology. 12 pages.
- (2020). Job crafting and playful work design: Links with performance during busy and quiet days. Journal of Vocational Behavior. 1-13.
- (2020). It's been a hard day's night: A diary study on hardiness and reduced sleep quality among naval sailors. Personality and Individual Differences.
- (2020). Daily work pressure and exposure to bullying-related negative acts: The role of daily transformational and laissez-faire leadership. European Management Journal. 1-11.
- (2019). The indirect effect of experience between personality hardiness and situational awareness . Necesse. 147-160.
- (2019). How long does it last? Prior victimization from workplace bullying moderates the relationship between daily exposure to negative acts and subsequent depressed mood . European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology. 164-178.
- (2019). Daily sleep quality and naval work performance: the role of leadership . International Maritime Health. 202-209.
- (2018). The good, the bad or the ugly. Ein undersøking om betydninga av å oppleve seg som moralsk god i militære operasjonar – og implikasjonar for operativt lederskap. Necesse. 19-31.
- (2018). Sleep deprivation and hallucinations. A qualitative study of military personnel. Military Psychology. 430-436.
- (2018). Seksuell trakassering i operative miljøer. Necesse. 58-69.
- (2018). Perception of specific military skills – the impact of perfectionism and self-efficacy. Journal of Military Studies. 15 pages.
- (2018). God under press. En operasjonalisering av moralsk robusthet i krevende operative Situasjoner. Necesse. 72-82.
- (2018). Daily strengths use and employee well‐being: The moderating role of personality. Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology. 1-25.
- (2018). A Brief Report on a Reduced Preference for Passive-Avoidant Leadership After a Restless Night. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-5.
- (2017). Predictors of gaming behavior among military peacekeepers - exploring the role of boredom and loneliness in relation to gaming problems. Journal of Military Studies. 10 pages.
- (2017). Moral antecedents of authentic leadership: Do moral justice reasoning, self-importance of moral identity and psychological hardiness stimulate authentic leadership? . Cogent Psychology. 14 pages.
- (2017). Introduction of a new instrument to measure motivation for gaming: the electronic gaming motives questionnaire. Addiction. 1658-1668.
- (2017). Hardiness as a Moderator and Motivation for Operational Duties as Mediator: the Relation Between Operational Self-Efficacy, Performance Satisfaction, and Perceived Strain in a Simulated Police Training Scenario. Journal of Police and Criminal Psychology. 331-339.
- (2017). Gaming behavior among conscripts: The role of lower psychosocial well-being factors in explaining gaming addiction. Military Psychology. 128-142.
- (2017). Exploring the core of crew resource management course: speak up or stay silent. International Maritime Health. 126-132.
- (2016). The effect of sleep deprivation on leadership behaviour in military officers: an experimental study. Journal of Sleep Research. 683-689.
- (2016). Note on a training program for brief decision making for frontline police officers. Journal of Police and Criminal Psychology. 182-188.
- (2015). On the stability of psychological hardiness: A three-year longitudinal study. Military Psychology. 155-168.
- (2014). Daily transactional and transformational leadership and daily employee engagement. Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology. 138-157.
- (2013). Trust in a military context: What contributes to trust in superior and subordinate leaders? Journal of Trust Research. 125-145.
- (2013). The impact of partial sleep deprivation on military naval officers' ability to anticipate moral and tactical problems in a simulated maritime combat operation. International Maritime Health. 61-65.
- (2013). A new model for understanding teamwork onboard: the shipmate model. International Maritime Health. 89-94.
- (2012). Psychometric properties of a four-component Norwegian organizational justice scale. Psychological Reports. 571-588.
- (2012). Cultural differences in emotional intelligence among top officers on board merchant ships. International Maritime Health. 90-95.
- (2011). Trust at First Sight: Swift Trust in Leaders in Temporary Military Groups. Team Performance Management. 354-368.
- (2010). The impact of partial sleep deprivation on moral reasoning in military officers. Sleep. 1086-1090.
- (2010). A field study of leader justice behavior in a morally intense operational context. Military Psychology. S137-S156.
- (2006). Moral behavior and transformational leadership in Norwegian naval cadets. Military Psychology. S37-S56.
- (2016). Operativt lederskap og samspel: utfordringar og kloke grep som innsatsledar i Politiet.
- (2016). Moralpsykologi: kva skjer når me handlar godt under press - og korleis kan me bli bedre til dette?
- (2016). Korleis mestre egen frykt i operativt krevande situasonar som Helikopter kontroll operatør?
- (2016). Korleis lede situasjonar og øyeblikk der ting går galt - og ting framstår kaotisk og truande?
- (2015). The effect of sleep deprivation on passive avoidant leadership in military officers. An experimental study.
Popular scientific lecture
- (2016). Operativt samarbeide i farlige situasjonar.
- (2019). The relationship between Work Autonomy and daily Contextual Performance: The moderating role of Person-Organization Fit.
- (2019). Daily interpersonal conflicts and exposure to daily negative acts: The moderating role of trait anger and trait anxiety.
- (2017). The Vicious Cycle of Bullying: How to Exposure to Negative Acts Undermines well-Being.
- (2016). interpersonal conflocts and daily negative and positive affect: exploring the moderating role of neuroticism.
- (2016). Sleep deprivation and leadership.
- (2016). Morals and authentic leadership.
- (2015). Does authentic leaders enhance followers daily job crafting behaviors? exploring the mediating role of autonomy and organizational justice.
- (2013). When does work engagement foster performance? A diary study among naval cadets.
- (2012). Self-image as a moderator of the relationship between exposure to acts of workplace bullying and negative affect - a diary study among naval officers.
- (2012). Is passive avoidant and machiavellian leadership behaviours related to followers' psychological need satisfaction on a daily basis.
- (2008). Is There a Morals Component in Transformational Leadership?
- (2006). Moral behaviour and transformational leadership.
- (2013). Aldri mer 22. juli. Ledelse, beredskap og trening. Pacem : militært tidsskrift for etisk og teologisk refleksjon. 3-4.
Academic anthology/Conference proceedings
- (2022). Operativ psykologi 3. Personellomsorg og ivaretakelse. Fagbokforlaget.
- (2018). God når det gjelder? Søken etter nye svar på gamle spørsmål. Bodoni forlag.
- (2016). Leadership in dangerous contexts: An interview study of military and police personnel.
Popular scientific article
- (2020). Moralsk stress og moralsk skade på korona-fronten i Norge . Necesse.
- (2020). Feil som påfører andre liding, kan gje sjukepleiaren moralsk skade . Sykepleien.
- (2019). Sleep and naval performance. The impact of personality and leadership.
- (2010). Are good leaders moral leaders? The relationship between effective military operational leadership and morals.
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- (2018). Effective Cooperation Between Strangers in Unexpected and Dangerous Situations – A Matter of “Swift Trust”. 14 pages.
- (2012). The impact of sleep loss on moral cognition. International Journal of Psychology (IJP). 134-134.
- (2012). Authentic leadership and safety climate in shipping. International Journal of Psychology (IJP). 541-541.
- (2018). Do daily reports of transformational and laissez-faire leadership behaviour moderate the relationship between daily work pressure and daily exposure to bullying behaviours?
- (2016). Predictors of gaming and gaming addiction in veterans.
- (2016). Predictors of gaming and gaming addiction in veterans.
Popular scientific chapter/article
- (2019). Kp21: Moralsk stress og moralsk skade i operative yrke. 355-370.
- (2019). Kapittel 13: Tillit og samarbeid mellom fremmede i kritiske situasjoner. 217-230.
- (2018). Operativ ledelse- en introduksjon. 333-352. In:
- (2018). Operativ psykologi- 3.utgave. Fagbokforlaget.
- (2015). Operativ ledelse. 153-168. In:
- (2015). Ledelse på godt og vondt. Effektivitet og trivsel. Fagbokforlaget.