- 2019. The indirect effect of experience between personality hardiness and situational awareness . Necesse. 147-160.
- 2019. It's been a hard day's night: A diary study on hardiness and reduced sleep quality among naval sailors. Personality and Individual Differences.
- 2019. How long does it last? Prior victimization from workplace bullying moderates the relationship between daily exposure to negative acts and subsequent depressed mood . European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology. 164-178.
- 2019. Daily sleep quality and naval work performance: the role of leadership . International Maritime Health. 202-209.
- 2018. The good, the bad or the ugly. Ein undersøking om betydninga av å oppleve seg som moralsk god i militære operasjonar – og implikasjonar for operativt lederskap. Necesse. 19-31.
- 2018. Sleep deprivation and hallucinations. A qualitative study of military personnel. Military Psychology. 430-436.
- 2018. Seksuell trakassering i operative miljøer. Necesse. 58-69.
- 2018. Perception of specific military skills – the impact of perfectionism and self-efficacy. Journal of Military Studies. 15 pages.
- 2018. God under press. En operasjonalisering av moralsk robusthet i krevende operative Situasjoner. Necesse. 72-82.
- 2018. Daily strengths use and employee well‐being: The moderating role of personality. Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology. 1-25.
- 2018. A Brief Report on a Reduced Preference for Passive-Avoidant Leadership After a Restless Night. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-5.
- 2017. Predictors of gaming behavior among military peacekeepers - exploring the role of boredom and loneliness in relation to gaming problems. Journal of Military Studies. 10 pages.
- 2017. Moral antecedents of authentic leadership: Do moral justice reasoning, self-importance of moral identity and psychological hardiness stimulate authentic leadership? . Cogent Psychology. 14 pages.
- 2017. Introduction of a new instrument to measure motivation for gaming: the electronic gaming motives questionnaire. Addiction. 1658-1668.
- 2017. Hardiness as a Moderator and Motivation for Operational Duties as Mediator: the Relation Between Operational Self-Efficacy, Performance Satisfaction, and Perceived Strain in a Simulated Police Training Scenario. Journal of Police and Criminal Psychology. 331-339.
- 2017. Gaming behavior among conscripts: The role of lower psychosocial well-being factors in explaining gaming addiction. Military Psychology. 128-142.
- 2017. Exploring the core of crew resource management course: speak up or stay silent. International Maritime Health. 126-132.
- 2016. The effect of sleep deprivation on leadership behaviour in military officers: an experimental study. Journal of Sleep Research. 683-689.
- 2016. Note on a training program for brief decision making for frontline police officers. Journal of Police and Criminal Psychology. 182-188.
- 2015. On the stability of psychological hardiness: A three-year longitudinal study. Military Psychology. 155-168.
- 2014. Daily transactional and transformational leadership and daily employee engagement. Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology. 138-157.
- 2013. Trust in a military context: What contributes to trust in superior and subordinate leaders? Journal of Trust Research. 125-145.
- 2013. The impact of partial sleep deprivation on military naval officers' ability to anticipate moral and tactical problems in a simulated maritime combat operation. International Maritime Health. 61-65.
- 2013. A new model for understanding teamwork onboard: the shipmate model. International Maritime Health. 89-94.
- 2012. Psychometric properties of a four-component Norwegian organizational justice scale. Psychological Reports. 571-588.
- 2012. Cultural differences in emotional intelligence among top officers on board merchant ships. International Maritime Health. 90-95.
- 2011. Trust at First Sight: Swift Trust in Leaders in Temporary Military Groups. Team Performance Management. 354-368.
- 2010. The impact of partial sleep deprivation on moral reasoning in military officers. Sleep. 1086-1090.
- 2010. A field study of leader justice behavior in a morally intense operational context. Military Psychology. S137-S156.
- 2006. Moral behavior and transformational leadership in Norwegian naval cadets. Military Psychology. S37-S56.
- 2016. Operativt lederskap og samspel: utfordringar og kloke grep som innsatsledar i Politiet.
- 2016. Moralpsykologi: kva skjer når me handlar godt under press - og korleis kan me bli bedre til dette?
- 2016. Korleis mestre egen frykt i operativt krevande situasonar som Helikopter kontroll operatør?
- 2016. Korleis lede situasjonar og øyeblikk der ting går galt - og ting framstår kaotisk og truande?
- 2015. The effect of sleep deprivation on passive avoidant leadership in military officers. An experimental study.
Popular scientific lecture
- 2016. Operativt samarbeide i farlige situasjonar.
- 2019. The relationship between Work Autonomy and daily Contextual Performance: The moderating role of Person-Organization Fit.
- 2019. Daily interpersonal conflicts and exposure to daily negative acts: The moderating role of trait anger and trait anxiety.
- 2017. The Vicious Cycle of Bullying: How to Exposure to Negative Acts Undermines well-Being.
- 2016. interpersonal conflocts and daily negative and positive affect: exploring the moderating role of neuroticism.
- 2016. Sleep deprivation and leadership.
- 2016. Morals and authentic leadership.
- 2015. Does authentic leaders enhance followers daily job crafting behaviors? exploring the mediating role of autonomy and organizational justice.
- 2013. When does work engagement foster performance? A diary study among naval cadets.
- 2012. Self-image as a moderator of the relationship between exposure to acts of workplace bullying and negative affect - a diary study among naval officers.
- 2012. Is passive avoidant and machiavellian leadership behaviours related to followers' psychological need satisfaction on a daily basis.
- 2008. Is There a Morals Component in Transformational Leadership?
- 2006. Moral behaviour and transformational leadership.
- 2013. Aldri mer 22. juli. Ledelse, beredskap og trening. Pacem : militært tidsskrift for etisk og teologisk refleksjon. 3-4.
Academic anthology/Conference proceedings
- 2018. God når det gjelder? Søken etter nye svar på gamle spørsmål. Bodoni forlag.
- 2016. Leadership in dangerous contexts: An interview study of military and police personnel.
- 2019. Sleep and naval performance. The impact of personality and leadership.
- 2010. Are good leaders moral leaders? The relationship between effective military operational leadership and morals.
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- 2018. Effective Cooperation Between Strangers in Unexpected and Dangerous Situations – A Matter of “Swift Trust”. 14 pages.
- 2012. The impact of sleep loss on moral cognition. International Journal of Psychology. 134-134.
- 2012. Authentic leadership and safety climate in shipping. International Journal of Psychology. 541-541.
- 2018. Do daily reports of transformational and laissez-faire leadership behaviour moderate the relationship between daily work pressure and daily exposure to bullying behaviours?
- 2016. Predictors of gaming and gaming addiction in veterans.
- 2016. Predictors of gaming and gaming addiction in veterans.
Article in business/trade/industry journal
- 2020. Trust after just 45 seconds? An experimental vignette study of how leader behavior and emotional states influence immediate trust in strangers. Frontiers in Psychology.
- 2018. Operativ ledelse- en introduksjon. 333-352. In:
- 2018. Operativ psykologi- 3.utgave. Fagbokforlaget.
- 2015. Operativ ledelse. 153-168. In:
- 2015. Ledelse på godt og vondt. Effektivitet og trivsel. Fagbokforlaget.