- 2020. Kikuchis sykdom. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 1-4.
- 2020. Establishment of a novel cancer cell line derived from vulvar carcinoma associated with lichen sclerosus exhibiting a fibroblast-dependent tumorigenic potential. Experimental Cell Research. 1-9.
- 2019. Periodontal status at diagnosis predicts non-disease-specific survival in a geographically defined cohort of patients with oropharynx squamous cell carcinoma. Acta Oto-Laryngologica. 309-315.
- 2018. Tumor stromal desmoplasia and inflammatory response uniquely predict survival with and without stratification for HPV tumor infection in OPSCC patients. Acta Oto-Laryngologica. 1035-1042.
- 2018. Propp i luftveiene. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 3 pages.
- 2018. Human papillomavirus type specific risk of progression and remission during long-term follow-up of equivocal and low-grade HPV-positive cervical smears. International Journal of Cancer. 851-860.
- 2017. Prognostic impact of chromosomal aberrations and GNAQ, GNA11 and BAP1 mutations in uveal melanoma. Acta Ophthalmologica. 31-38.
- 2017. HER2 expression patterns in paired primary and metastatic endometrial cancer lesions. British Journal of Cancer. 378-387.
- 2017. Clinicopathologic and molecular markers in cervical carcinoma: a prospective cohort study. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 432.e1-432.e17.
- 2016. The genomic landscape and evolution of endometrial carcinoma progression and abdominopelvic metastasis. Nature Genetics. 848-855.
- 2016. Quality assurance of human papillomavirus (HPV) testing in the implementation of HPV primary screening in Norway: An inter-laboratory reproducibility study. BMC Infectious Diseases. 8 pages.
- 2016. Primary surgery results in no survival benefit compared to primary radiation for oropharyngeal cancer patients stratified by high-risk human papilloma virus status. European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology. 11 pages.
- 2016. In vitro monocyte IL-6 secretion levels following stimulation with autologous spheroids derived from tumor or benign mucosa predict long-term survival in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma patients. Scandinavian Journal of Immunology. 211-219.
- 2015. Peripheral blood monocyte and T-lymphocyte activation levels at diagnosis predict long-term survival in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma patients. Acta Pathologica, Microbiologica et Immunologica Scandinavica (APMIS). 305-314.
- 2015. In vitro-stimulated IL-6 monocyte secretion and in vivo peripheral blood T lymphocyte activation uniquely predicted 15-year survival in patients with head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. PLOS ONE.
- 2015. IGHV gene usage and mutational status in follicular lymphoma: Correlations with prognosis and patient age. Leukemia Research. 702-708.
- 2015. Excellent response of intramedullary Erdheim-Chester disease to vemurafenib: a case report. BMC Research Notes. 1-5.
- 2014. The impact of HPV infection, smoking history, age and operability of the patient on disease-specific survival in a geographically defined cohort of patients with oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma. Acta Oto-Laryngologica. 964-973.
- 2014. The impact of HPV infection on survival in a geographically defined cohort of oropharynx squamous cell carcinoma (OPSCC) patients in whom surgical treatment has been one main treatment. Acta Oto-Laryngologica. 636-645.
- 2014. Recurrent high-grade cervical lesion after primary conization is associated with persistent human papillomavirus infection in Norway. Gynecologic Oncology. 159-166.
- 2014. Prognostic value of bone marrow involvement by clonal immunoglobulin gene rearrangements in follicular lymphoma. Journal of Clinical Pathology. 1072-1077.
- 2014. Landscape of genomic alterations in cervical carcinomas. Nature. 371-375.
- 2014. First in-mouse development and application of a surgically relevant xenograft model of ovarian carcinoma. PLOS ONE.
- 2013. Tumor versus stromal cells in culture-survival of the fittest? PLOS ONE. 12 pages.
- 2013. HPV DNA testing improves CIN2+ risk stratification and detection of CIN2+ in delayed triage of ASCUS and LSIL. A population-based follow-up study from Western Norway. Cancer Medicine. 182-189.
- 2013. EGFR wild-type amplification and activation promote invasion and development of glioblastoma independent of angiogenesis. Acta Neuropathologica. 683-698.
- 2013. Distinct single cell signal transduction signatures in leukocyte subsets stimulated with khat extract, amphetamine-like cathinone, cathine or norephedrine. BMC Pharmacology & Toxicology. 13 pages.
- 2011. Detection of clonality in follicular lymphoma using formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue samples and BIOMED-2 immunoglobulin primers. Journal of Clinical Pathology. 37-41.
- 2010. Khat alters the phenotype of in vitro-reconstructed human oral mucosa. Journal of Dental Research. 270-275.
- 2010. Adverse effects of Sudanese toombak vs. Swedish snuff on human oral cells. Journal of Oral Pathology & Medicine. 128-140.
- 2009. Khat Alters the Phenotype of in vitro-reconstructed Human Oral Mucosa. Journal of Dental Research.
- 2009. Improved diagnostic segregation of mantle cell lymphoma by determination of cyclin D1/D3 expression ratio in formalin-fixed tissue. Diagnostic molecular pathology (Print). 150-155.
- 2009. Early loss of mitochondrial inner transmembrane potential in khat-induced cell death of primary normal human oral cells. Toxicology. 108-116.
- 2009. Cancer progression is associated with increased expression of basement membrane proteins in three-dimensional in vitro models of human oral cancer. Archives of Oral Biology. 924-931.
- 2009. Camptothecin and khat (Catha edulis Forsk.) induced distinct cell death phenotypes involving modulation of c-FLIPL, Mcl-1, procaspase-8 and mitochondrial function in acute myeloid leukemia cell lines. Molecular Cancer.
- 2009. Adverse effects of Sudanese toombak vs Swedish snuff on human oral cells. Journal of Oral Pathology & Medicine.
- 2008. Khat induces G1-phase arrest and increased expression of stress-sensitive p53 and p16 proteins in normal human oral keratinocytes and fibroblasts. European Journal of Oral Sciences. 23-30.
- 2008. Khat (Catha edulis) induces reactive oxygen species and apoptosis in normal human oral keratinocytes and fibroblasts. Toxicological Sciences. 311-324.
- 2007. Dual effects of sodium lauryl sulphate on human oral epithelial structure. Experimental Dermatology. 574-579.
- 2006. Stress-induced in vitro apoptosis of native human acute myelogenous leukemia (AML) cells shows a wide variation between patients and is associated with low BCL-2 : Bax ratio and low levels of heat shock protein 70 and 90. Leukemia Research. 1531-1540.
- 2006. Species-specific fibroblasts required for triggering invasiveness of partially transformed oral keratinocytes. American Journal of Pathology. 1889-1897.
- 2006. CaM-kinasell-dependent commitment to microcystin-induced apoptosis is coupled to cell budding, but not to shrinkage or chromatin hypercondensation. Cell Death and Differentiation. 1191-1202.
- 2005. The phenotype of in vitro reconstituted normal human oral epithelium is essentially determined by culture medium. Journal of Oral Pathology & Medicine. 247-252.
- 2005. Fibroblast control on epithelial differentiation is gradually lost during <EM>in vitro</EM> tumor progression. Differentiation. 134-141.
- 2005. Ascitic complement system in ovarian cancer. British Journal of Cancer. 895-905.
- 2008. Stromal fibroblasts enhance clonogenic growth of transformed oral keratinocytes.
- 2008. Oral squamous cell carcinoma cells inhibit the growth and induce apoptosis of normal oral keratin.
Reader opinion piece
- 2013. Primary diffuse large B-cell lymphoma of the dura without systemic recurrence four years after diagnosis and successful therapy. Acta Oncologica. 1049-1051.
- 2012. Erdheim-Chester disease presenting with an intramedullary spinal cord lesion. Journal of Neurology. 2240-2242.
- 2005. Role of basement membrane proteins on oral cancer invasion: An immunohistochemical study using in vitro organotypic cell culture models of normal and neoplastic oral mucosa.
- 2010. Fjerne HPV-takst i sekundærscreening? Dagens medisin.
- 2015. Molecular approaches to the diagnosis and evaluation of follicular lymphoma.
- 2009. Toxicity of khat on normal human oral cells. In vitro studies using primary human oral keratinocytes and fibroblasts in monolayer and organotyic cultures.
- 2010. Ny generasjon HPV-tester på vent.
- 2013. EGFR wild-type amplification and activation promote invasion and development of glioblastoma independent of angiogenesis. Neuro-Oncology. 6-6.
- 2013. Detection of B-Cell Lymphoma in Bone Marrow Aspirates Using BIOMED-2 Immunoglobulin Primers. Laboratory Investigation. 320A-320A.
- 2013. Detection of B-Cell Lymphoma in Bone Marrow Aspirates Using BIOMED-2 Immunoglobulin Primers. Modern Pathology. 320A-320A.
- 2012. Establishment of a bioluminescence orthotopic mouse model of ovarian carcinoma: Analysis of tumor growth and response to therapy. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica. 16-17.
- 2010. Evaluation of BIOMED-2 PCR primers for detection of clonality in follicular lymphoma on formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded samples. Acta Pathologica, Microbiologica et Immunologica Scandinavica (APMIS). 252-253.
- 2009. Phenotypic and functional differences between oral carcinoma-associated fibroblasts and normal oral fibroblasts. Oral Oncology. 221-221.
- 2009. Evaluation of BIOMED-2 PCR primers for detection of clonality in follicular lymphoma on formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded samples. Virchows Archiv. 395-395.
- 2007. Oral squamous cell carcinoma cells inhibit the growth of normal oral keratinocytes: a putative mechanism for intraepithelial tumour expansion. Oral Oncology. 73-73.
- 2007. Khat inhibits proliferation of normal oral keratinocytes in monolayers and organotypic cultures. Oral Oncology. 198-198.
- 2008. Stromal fibroblasts enhance self renewal properties of transformed oral keratinocytes.
Academic literature review
- 2007. Bcl-2 antisense in the treatment of human malignancies: A delusion in targeted therapy. 373-381.
- 2006. Cancer Stem Cells – New and Potentially Important Targets for the Therapy of Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma. 443-454.