My drive in research is to understand the basis of synaptic transmission at the cellular and the molecular level in the central nervous system, and how this is integrated into a network of neurons working together to carry out specific tasks. My focus right now is on the specific synaptic mechanisms used by neurons to process signals in a model system such as the retina. To do so, I use patch-clamp with different approaches to record neuronal activity.
- 2018. Yo, yo mismo y mi doctorado.
- 2019. Different sources of glutamate activate extrasynaptic NMDA receptors in the rod pathway microcircuit of the mammalian retina.
- 2018. Interneuronas en la retina: un modelo para estudiar el papel de receptores extrasinapticos en la comunicacion neuronal.
- 2019. Pharmacological characterization of synaptic and extrasynaptic GABAA receptors on retinal amacrine cells .
- 2019. Activating extrasynaptic NMDA receptors on interneurons of the rod pathway microcircuit in the mammalian retina.
- 2018. Functional properties of GABAA receptors on rod amacrine (AII and A17) cells of the rat retina.
Luque MA, Beltran-Matas P, Marin MC, Torres B, Herrero L (2017) Excitability is increased in hippocampal CA1 pyramidal cells of Fmr1 knockout mice. PLOS ONE 12(9): e0185067. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0185067