Pierre-Georges Van Wolleghem
- Phone+47 55 58 94 62
- Visitor AddressChristies gate 155007 Bergen
- Postal AddressPostboks 78025020 Bergen
I mostly work on European Union policies relating to migration. I’m also interested in social policies at large, quantitative methods and impact evaluation.
- (2022). Do the Most Vulnerable Know About Income Support Policies? The Case of the Italian Reddito d'Inclusione (ReI). Italian Economic Journal.
- (2022). Do informal Networks Increase Migrants’ Over-Education? Comparing Over-Education for Natives, Migrants and Second Generations in Italy and Assessing the Role of Networks in Generating It. Italian Economic Journal.
- (2020). Is Europe’s right wing turn due to immigration? Empirical evidence from Italy. Open Political Science. 84-96.
- (2020). Does administrative capacity matter? The absorption of the European Fund for the integration of migrants. Policy Studies.
- (2020). The impact of the Global Refugee Compact on Citizens’ Recognition of the Right to International Protection: A Research Outline and Survey Questionnaire. .
- (2021). Ambrosini, Maurizio, Cinalli, Manlio and Jacobson, David (eds.) 2020. Migration, Borders and Citizenship: Between Policy and Public Spheres. Cham: Palgrave Macmillan. 309 pp. Nordic Journal of Migration Research. 485-487.
- (2022). Politicizzazione e securitizzazione delle migrazioni: dalla politica nazionale alle politiche europee. 15 pages.
- (2021). Nuove prospettive per le politiche migratorie europee: opinione pubblica e budget dell’Unione. 14 pages.
- (2021). New perspectives in European migration policies: public opinion and the Union's budget. 85-98.
- (2021). Relocating asylum seekers or paying someone else to do it for you? What citizens have to say.
- (2020). What does the new EU budget have in store for migration and asylum? The effect of crises on EU spending.
- (2020). Riformare Dublino e attivare la solidarietà: gli obiettivi del nuovo Patto UE sulla Migrazione e l'Asilo.
- (2020). Reforming the Dublin Pact and Activating EU Solidarity: The Objectives of the New EU Pact on Migration and Asylum.
- (2020). Migrants and integration: what the European Union can do.
- (2020). Migranti e integrazione: che cosa può fare l’Unione europea.
Single-authored peer-reviewed books
Van Wolleghem P.G. (2019) The EU’s Policy on the Integration of Migrants. A case of soft-Europeanization?, Palgrave Macmillan, Basingstoke. http://www.palgrave.com/9783319976815
Publications in peer-reviewed journals
Van Wolleghem P.G. (2020) Does administrative capacity matter? The absorption of the European fund for the integration of migrants, Policy Studies, https://doi.org/10.1080/01442872.2020.1770209
Van Wolleghem P.G., Pasini, N. (2020) Is Europe’s right wing turn due to immigration? Empirical evidence from Italy, Open Political Science, https://doi.org/10.1515/openps-2020-0008
Van Wolleghem P.G. (2019) Where is the EU's migrant integration policy heading? A neofunctionalist take on three multiannual financial frameworks, International Review of Public Policy, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 219-236. http://doi.org/10.4000/irpp.396
De Angelis M., Pagliarella M.C., Rosano A. and Van Wolleghem P.G. (2019) “Un anno di ReI e uno sguardo al Reddito di Cittadinanza. Popolazione target, spesa e beneficiary”, Sinappsi, Vol. 1/2019, No. 2, pp. 2-21. DOI: 10.1485/SINAPPSI_2019/1-2_559
Van Wolleghem P.G. (2017) “Why implement without a tangible threat? The effect of a soft instrument on national migrant integration policies”, JCMS: Journal of Common Market Studies, Vol. 55, No.5, pp. 1127-1143. https://doi.org/10.1111/jcms.12553
Van Wolleghem, P.G. (2020) “The EU’s integration policy and the new Multiannual Financial Framework”, in Fondazione ISMU, Twenty-fifth report on Migration in Italy, MacGraw-Hill Education, Milan
Van Wolleghem, P.G. (2019) “Politica europea per l’integrazione e nuovo Quadro Finanziario Pluriennale”, in Fondazione ISMU, Venticinquesimo Rapporto sulle Migrazioni, FrancoAngeli, Milan.
Van Wolleghem, P.G. (2019) “The Crisis of the European Asylum System and the new Italian Government”, in Fondazione ISMU, Twenty-fourth report on Migration in Italy, MacGraw-Hill Education, Milan
Van Wolleghem, P.G. (2019) “Gli italiani alle urne: immigrazione e voto all’estrema destra in Lazio e Lombardia”, in Villa M. (ed.) Migrazioni e Comunicazione Politica. Le elezioni regionali 2018 tra vecchi e nuovi media, FrancoAngeli, Milan.
Van Wolleghem, P.G. (2018) “ La crisi del sistema europeo di asilo e il nuovo Governo italiano”, in Fondazione ISMU, Ventiquattresimo Rapporto sulle Migrazioni, FrancoAngeli, Milan.
Ortensi, L., Pasini, N., Regalia, M. and Van Wolleghem P.G. (2018) “Immigration and the Future of Europe”, in Fondazione ISMU, Twenty-third report on Migration in Italy, MacGraw-Hill Education, Milan.
Ortensi, L., Pasini, N., Regalia, M. and Van Wolleghem P.G. (2017) “Immigrazione e futuro dell’Europa nel 2017”, in Fondazione ISMU, Ventitreesimo Rapporto sulle Migrazioni, FrancoAngeli, Milan, pp. 153-180.
Van Wolleghem, P.G. (2014) “Inclusive Political Community: The Challenge of Liberal Polities”, in Codini, E. and D’Odorico, M. (eds), Democracy and citizenship in the 21st century: Critical issues and perspectives, McGraw-Hill education, Milan, pp. 23–38.
Van Wolleghem P.G., De Angelis M. and Scicchitano S. (2019) “Education-occupation mismatch of migrants in the Italian labour market: the effect of social networks”, Global Labor Organization Discussion paper, N. 398.
Van Wolleghem P.G. (2018) “If Dublin IV were in place during the refugee crisis…
A simulation of the effect of mandatory relocation”, Fondazione ISMU Working Paper series.
Van Wolleghem P.G. (2016) “The consistency of the link between EU scepticism and immigration issues. A descriptive analysis of party positions”, Fondazione ISMU Working Paper series.
Van Wolleghem P.G. (2016) “Migrations and Policy Cycle in the UK: Overview of Recent Trends”, Fondazione ISMU Working Paper series.