Rafael Rosales La Torraca
- Visitor AddressFosswinckels gate 6Lauritz Meltzers hus5007 Bergen
- Postal AddressPostboks 78025020 Bergen
My PhD project is a part of the research project CityFreight: Freight logistics in sustainable cities. I look at what policy tools urban authorities have when working towards more energy efficient and sustainable freight transportation. My main research interest lies within the governance of energy transitions, with sustainable transport and mobility as a particular area of interest. I focus on public coordination of transport policy, and the role of cities in contributing to global climate governance.
Vice-President of the PhD Candidate interest organisation at the University of Bergen (UiBdoc) 2022-2023
President of the PhD candidate committee at the Faculty of Social Sciences (Stip-SV) 2021-2022
MSc Energy, Environment and Society (University of Stavanger)
MA(Hons) International Relations (University of Edinburgh)
I was head of the interest organisation for PhD candidates as the Faculty of Social Science (Stip-SV), and as such I participated in a panel on equality in academia as part of the university's 75 anniversary celebrations. The panel was recorded and is available here.
I was also selected to participate in the 2022 Research Grand Prix (Forsker Grand Prix) as part of the Forskningsdagene festival. Here, participants are given 4 minutes to present their research in away the general public can understand and that grasps their attention. More information on the event is available here.
GEO 222: Sustainability in an Urbanising World
- (2022). Governance challenges for urban logistics: Lessons from three Norwegian cities. Environmental Policy and Governance.
- (2021). Byenes rolle i arbeidet med bærekraftsmålene.
- (2022). Stakeholder involvement for sustainable urban logistics.
- (2022). Bridging understandings of sustainable freight transport.
- (2021). Governance solutions for sustainable urban logistics.
- (2021). Governance challenges for sustainable urban logistics: lessons from three Norwegian cities.
- (2022). Bridging perspectives of sustainability.
More information in national current research information system (CRIStin)