My main field of interest is proteomic analyses of novel therapeutic combinations for the treatment of Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML). In this project, my main focus is to find new drugs and chemicals that can complement and increase the anti-leukemic effect of valproic acid, and to discover the mechanisms behind this effect.
- 2020. Partial response to sorafenib in a child with a myeloid/lymphoid neoplasm, eosinophilia, and a ZMYM2-FLT3 fusion. Journal of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology. 1-4.
- 2019. ctDNA detected by ddPCR reveals changes in tumour load in metastatic malignant melanoma treated with bevacizumab. Scientific Reports. 1-15.
- 2019. Modulation of phospho-proteins by interferon-alpha and valproic acid in acute myeloid leukemia. Journal of Cancer Research and Clinical Oncology. 1729-1749.
- 2019. High constitutive cytokine release by primary human acute myeloid leukemia cells is associated with a specific intercellular communication phenotype. Journal of Clinical Medicine.
- 2017. Phosphoprotein DIGE profiles reflect blast differentiation, cytogenetic risk stratification, FLT3/NPM1 mutations and therapy response in acute myeloid leukaemia. Journal of Proteomics. 32-41.
- 2017. Disease-stabilizing treatment based on all-trans retinoic acid and valproic acid in acute myeloid leukemia - identification of responders by gene expression profiling of pretreatment leukemic cells. BMC Cancer. 1-13.
- 2016. The past, present and future subclassification of patients with acute Myeloid Leukemia. Current Pharmaceutical Biotechnology. 6-19.
- 2016. Global cell proteome profiling, phospho-signaling and quantitative proteomics for identification of new biomarkers in acute myeloid leukemia patients. Current Pharmaceutical Biotechnology. 52-70.
- 2012. Synergistic induction of p53 mediated apoptosis by valproic acid and nutlin-3 in acute myeloid leukemia. Leukemia. 910-917.
- 2012. Cross-species functional genomic analysis identifies resistance genes of the histone deacetylase inhibitor valproic acid. PLOS ONE.
- 2012. Phosphoproteomics in disease stratification and therapy design of acute myeloid leukemia.
- 2008. Evaluation of combinational therapy of MDM2-antagonist nutlin-3 and HDAC-inhibitor valproic acid in acute myeloid leukemia in vitro and in vivo. Blood. 1024-1024.
- 2017. combination of interferon-alpha and valproic acid in acute myeloid leukemia cells in vitro and in vivo.
- 2021. Liquid Biopsies in Solid Cancers: Implementation in a Nordic Healthcare System . Cancers.
- 2014. Heat shock protein 90 – a potential target in the treatment of human acute myelogenous leukemia. Advances in cancer drug targets. 3-53.
- 2010. Clinical proteomics of myeloid leukemia. Genome Medicine.
Cross-species functional genomic analysis identifies resistance genes of the histone deacetylase inhibitor valproic acid.
Forthun RB, Sengupta T, Skjeldam HK, Lindvall JM, McCormack E, Gjertsen BT, Nilsen H.
PLoS One. 2012
Synergistic induction of p53 mediated apoptosis by valproic acid and nutlin-3 in acute myeloid leukemia.
McCormack E, Haaland I, Venås G, Forthun RB, Huseby S, Gausdal G, Knappskog S, Micklem DR, Lorens JB, Bruserud O, Gjertsen BT.
Clinical proteomics of myeloid leukemia.
Hjelle SM, Forthun RB, Haaland I, Reikvam H, Sjøholt G, Bruserud O, Gjertsen BT.
Genome Med. 2010
• Master degree in medical cell biology, "A phosphoproteomic study of the Theophylline-Valproic acid-ATRA combination therapy in the BNML rat model" 2008
• PhD, "Phosphoproteomics in disease stratification and therapy design of acute myeloid leukemia", 2012