Ram Krishna Chandyo
- Visitor AddressAlrek helseklynge, blokk D, Årstadveien 17
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
- Child health and nutrition
- Research methodology and epidemiology
- 2019. The association between heart rate variability and neurocognitive and socio-emotional development in nepalese infants. Frontiers in Neuroscience. 1-10.
- 2019. Parental height modifies the association between linear growth and neurodevelopment in infancy. Acta Paediatrica. 1825-1832.
- 2019. Engagement in agriculture protects against food insecurity and malnutrition in peri-urban Nepal. Current Developments in Nutrition (CDN). 1-9.
- 2019. Determinants of cognitive development in the early life of children in Bhaktapur, Nepal. Frontiers in Psychology. 10 pages.
- 2018. Relationships among common illness symptoms and the protective effect of breastfeeding in early childhood in MAL-ED: An eight-country cohort study. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. 904-912.
- 2018. Maternal and infant vitamin B12 status during infancy predict linear growth at 5 years. Pediatric Research. 611-618.
- 2018. Kitchen PM2.5 concentrations and child acute lower respiratory infection in Bhaktapur, Nepal: The importance of fuel type. Environmental Research. 546-553.
- 2018. Environmental Enteropathy, Micronutrient Adequacy and Length Velocity in Nepalese Children - the Mal-Ed Birth Cohort Study. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition - JPGN.
- 2018. Cobalamin and folate status among breastfed infants in Bhaktapur, Nepal. Nutrients. 1-11.
- 2018. Acceptability and reliability of the Bayley Scales of infant and Toddler Development-III Among Children in Bhaktapur, Nepal. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-10.
- 2017. Vitamin B-12 status in infancy is positively associated with development and cognitive functioning 5 y later in Nepalese children. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 1122-1131.
- 2017. Vaccine coverage and adherence to EPI schedules in eight resource poor settings in the MAL-ED cohort study. Vaccine. 443-451.
- 2017. Tracking of infant and young child feeding practices among 9- to 24-month-old children in Nepal: The MAL-ED Birth Cohort Study. Public Health Nutrition. 355-364.
- 2017. The effect of vitamin B12 supplementation in Nepalese infants on growth and development: Study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials. 1-9.
- 2017. Severely inadequate micronutrient intake among children 9-24 months in Nepal - The MAL-ED birth cohort study. Maternal & Child Nutrition. 1-10.
- 2017. Aflatoxin exposure during the first 36 months of life was not associated with impaired growth in Nepalese children: An extension of the MAL-ED study. PLOS ONE. 1-12.
- 2017. 25-hydroxy-vitamin D concentration is not affected by severe or non-severe pneumonia, or inflammation, in young children. Nutrients. 1-11.
- 2016. Vitamin status among breastfed infants in Bhaktapur, Nepal. Nutrients.
- 2016. The prevalence of anemia and iron deficiency is more common in breastfed infants than their mothers in Bhaktapur, Nepal. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 456-462.
- 2016. Nutritional intake and status of cobalamin and folate among non-pregnant women of reproductive age in Bhaktapur, Nepal. Nutrients.
- 2016. Low Prevalence of Vitamin D Insufficiency among Nepalese Infants Despite High Prevalence of Vitamin D Insufficiency among Their Mothers. Nutrients. E825.
- 2016. Iodine concentration in breastmilk and urine among lactating women of Bhaktapur, Nepal. Nutrients. 255.
- 2016. Dietary B vitamins and serum C-reactive protein in persons with Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection: the positive living with HIV (POLH) Study. Food and Nutrition Bulletin. 517-528.
- 2016. A comparison of diarrheal severity scores in the MAL-ED multisite community-based cohort study. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition - JPGN. 466-473.
- 2015. Prevalence of iron deficiency and anemia among young children with acute diarrhea in Bhaktapur, Nepal. Healthcare. 593-606.
- 2015. PM2.5 in household kitchens of Bhaktapur, Nepal, using four different cooking fuels. Atmospheric Environment. 159-168.
- 2015. Low dietary diversity and micronutrient adequacy among lactating women in a peri-urban area of Nepal. Public Health Nutrition. 3201-3210.
- 2015. Cytokine concentrations in plasma from children with severe and non-severe community acquired pneumonia. PLOS ONE. 16 pages.
- 2014. Iron deficiency is uncommon among lactating women in urban Nepal, despite a high risk of inadequate dietary iron intake. British Journal of Nutrition. 132-141.
- 2014. Infant feeding practices, dietary adequacy, and micronutrient status measures in the MAL-ED study. Clinical Infectious Diseases. S248-S254.
- 2014. Cobalamin and folate status in 6 to 35 months old children presenting with acute diarrhea in Bhaktapur, Nepal. PLOS ONE.
- 2014. Bhaktapur, Nepal: The MAL-ED birth cohort study in Nepal. Clinical Infectious Diseases. S300-S303.
- 2013. Acute Lower Respiratory Infection in Childhood and Household Fuel Use in Bhaktapur, Nepal. Environmental Health Perspectives. 637-642.
- 2012. Risk factors for extended duration of acute diarrhea in young children. PLOS ONE.
- 2012. Infant feeding practices in Bhaktapur, Nepal: across-sectional, health facility based survey. International Breastfeeding Journal. 8 pages.
- 2010. Two weeks of zinc administration to Nepalese children with pneumonia does not reduce the incidence of pneumonia or diarrhea during the next six months. Journal of Nutrition. 1677-1682.
- 2010. Respiratory viruses in Nepalese children with and without pneumonia: a case-control study. The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal. 731-735.
- 2010. Clinical presentation and severity of viral community-acquired pneumonia in young Nepalese children. The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal. e1-e6.
- 2010. A randomized controlled trial of the effect of zinc as adjuvant therapy in children 2-35 mo of age with severe or nonsevere pneumonia in Bhaktapur, Nepal. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 1667-1674.
- 2009. Zinc deficiency is common among healthy women of reproductive age in Bhaktapur, Nepal. Journal of Nutrition. 594-597.
- 2009. RNA viruses in community-acquired childhood pneumonia in semi-urban Nepal; a cross-sectional study. BMC Medicine. 12 pages.
- 2010. Nutritional problems among women of reproductive age in rural populations in hill areas in India and Nepal and how they can be reduced by increased intake of Ricebean. .
- 2012. Impacts of changes in grain pulse (legume) consumption on micronutrient supply of rural women in Nepal and North India.
- 2010. Orphan crops and nutrition: the potential of ricebean (Vigna umbellata) to reduce ‘hidden hunger’ among rural women in India and Nepal.
- 2010. How do ricebean and other pulses meet nutrient deficiencies among women of reproductive age in rural populations in hill areas in India and Nepal?
- 2011. Zinc, Iron and Infection- studies in children and women in Nepa.
- 2013. DIETARY IRON INTAKE AND IRON STATUS AMONG LACTATING WOMEN IN BHAKTAPUR, NEPAL. Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism. 641-642.
- 2009. EFFICACY OF SHORT COURSE ORAL ZINC GIVEN DURING PNEUMONIA ON SUBSEQUENT MORBIDITY AMONG YOUNG CHILDREN IN NEPAL. Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism. 264-264.
- 2008. RNA Viruses Are an Important Cause of Community-acquired Pneumonia in Nepalese Children Living in a Semi-urban District in Kathmandu Valley. International Journal of Infectious Diseases. E56-E56.
- 2016. Prevalence of vitamin A deficiency among lactating mothers and infants in Bhaktapur, Nepal.
- 2009. Folate and vitamin B12 status in young nepalese children.
Academic literature review
- 2017. The effects of vitamin B12 supplementation in pregnancy and postpartum on growth and neurodevelopment in early childhood: Study Protocol for a Randomized Placebo Controlled Trial. BMJ Open.
- Acute Diarrhea Research Project (study on zinc for acute diarrhea among Nepalese children), 1998-2000
- Prevalence of micronutrient deficiencies among women of reproductive age in Nepal, 2001-2002
- Child Health Research Project (study on Zinc as adjuvant therapy during pneumonia in Nepalese children. Community based randomized placebo controlled clinical trial, 2003- 2007.
- Breastfeeding and Micronutrient status among 500 infants and mother pair, 2007-2008
- Etiology, Risk Factors and Interactions of Enteric Infections and Malnutrition and the Consequences for Child Health and Development (MAL-ED), since 2010 ongoing, http://mal-ed.fnih.org
- MD-Saint Petersburg Pediatric Medical Academy,Russia, 1997
- MPhil in Health Science, Center for International Health, UiB, 2002
- PhD (Zinc, iron and infection-studies in children and women in Nepal, Center for International Health, UiB, 2011