- Visitor AddressHaukeland Universitetssykehus Laboratoriebygget, 7. etg. Heis øst5009 Bergen
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
- (2022). Respiratory dysfunction three months after severe COVID-19 is associated with gut microbiota alterations. Journal of Internal Medicine. 801-812.
- (2022). Reduced risk of hospitalisation among reported COVID-19 cases infected with the SARS-CoV-2 Omicron BA.1 variant compared with the Delta variant, Norway, December 2021 to January 2022. Eurosurveillance. 1-8.
- (2022). Milder disease trajectory among COVID-19 patients hospitalised with the SARS-CoV-2 Omicron variant compared with the Delta variant in Norway. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. 676-682.
- (2022). Length of hospital stay and risk of intensive care admission and in-hospital death among COVID-19 patients in Norway: a register-based cohort study comparing patients fully vaccinated with an mRNA vaccine to unvaccinated patients. Clinical Microbiology and Infection (CMI). 871-878.
- (2021). No difference in risk of hospitalization between reported cases of the SARS-CoV-2 Delta variant and Alpha variant in Norway. International Journal of Infectious Diseases. 178-184.
- (2021). Increased risk of hospitalisation and intensive care admission associated with reported cases of SARS-CoV-2 variants B.1.1.7 and B.1.351 in Norway, December 2020-May 2021. PLOS ONE. 1-12.
- (2021). Characteristics, management and survival of ICU patients with coronavirus disease-19 in Norway, March-June 2020. A prospective observational study. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. 618-628.
- (2021). A descriptive study of the surge response and outcomes of ICU patients with COVID-19 during first wave in Nordic countries. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica.
- (2020). Validation of a point-of-care capillary lactate measuring device (Lactate Pro 2). Scandinavian Journal of Trauma, Resuscitation and Emergency Medicine. 1-7.
- (2018). The provision of nurse-led follow-up at Norwegian intensive care units. Journal of Clinical Nursing (JCN). 2877-2886.
- (2017). Long-Term Outcomes after ICU Admission Triage in Octogenarians. Critical Care Medicine. e363-e371.
- (2017). Costs and expected gain in lifetime health from intensive care versus general ward care of 30,712 individual patients: A distribution-weighted cost-effectiveness analysis. Critical Care. 1-13.
- (2015). Relation of Reported Sedation and Ventilator Weaning Practices to Ventilator Time in Norwegian Intensive Care Units. Indian Journal of Critical Care Medicine.
- (2015). Long-term survival and quality of life after intensive care for patients 80 years of age or older. Annals of Intensive Care. 13 pages.
- (2015). Age, risk, and life expectancy in Norwegian intensive care: a registry-based population modelling study. PLOS ONE.
- (2014). A calibration study of SAPS II with Norwegian intensive care registry data. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. 701-708.
- (2012). Do elderly intensive care unit patients receive less intensive care treatment and have higher mortality? Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. 1298-1305.
- (2011). Cognitive impairments after critical illness. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. 1044-1051.
- (2010). Impact of the post-World War II generation on intensive care needs in Norway. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. 479-484.
- (2010). Cognitive dysfunction and health-related quality of life after a cardiac arrest and therapeutic hypothermia. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. 721-728.
- (2008). Sexual function in ICU survivors more than 3 years after major trauma. Intensive Care Medicine. 447-453.
- (2008). Quality of life 2-7 years after major trauma. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. 195-201.
- (2007). Multiple organ failure after trauma affects even long-term survival and functional status. Critical Care.
- (2003). Follow-up after intensive care: a single center study. Intensive Care Medicine. 2149-2156.
- (2003). Cost of intensive care in a Norwegian University hospital 1997-1999. Critical Care. 72-78.
- (2003). Changes in health-related quality of life from 6 months to 2 years after discharge from intensive care. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes.
- (2002). Changes in intensive care from 1987 to 1997 - has outcome improved? A single centre study. Intensive Care Medicine. 1110-16.
- (2001). Survival and quality of life 12 years after ICU. A comparison with the general Norwegian population. Intensive Care Medicine. 1005-7.
Reader opinion piece
- (2017). Re: Prehospital torakotomi ved traumatisk hjertestans :. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 168-169.
- (2001). Bærumsaka - vår eigen varslarskandale. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
- (2018). Viktig å skilje intermediærpasientar frå intensivpasientar. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
- (2016). Ellen Lindbæk 100 år. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
- (2010). Redaktør i eventyrland. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
- (2009). Bare til slutt er vi alle unike…. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
- (2002). Presisering? Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
- (2001). Bærumsaken - svar på kommentar. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
Letter to the editor
- (2021). Trajectories of hospitalisation for patients infected with SARS-CoV-2 variant B.1.1.7 in Norway, December 2020 – April 2021. Journal of Infection.
- (2005). Bærum-saken - igjen. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
- (2017). Intensive care for the very old : ICU admission triage and outcomes. 2017:166.
- (2015). Perioperative interventions and postoperative outcomes.
- (2011). Cognitive impairments after critical illness.
- (2004). Long-term outcomes after intensive care.
- (2009). Cognitive dysfunction after critical illness. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. 52-52.
Academic literature review
- (2021). Thrombocytopaenia in the critically ill. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 7 pages.
- (2020). COVID-19 and venous thromboembolism - prophylaxis and treatment. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 6 pages.
- (2015). Scandinavian clinical practice guideline on choice of fluid in resuscitation of critically ill patients with acute circulatory failure. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. 274-285.
- (2010). Korleis går det med intensivpasientane? Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 44-46.
More information in national current research information system (CRIStin)