Ricardo Guimarães is a postdoctoral research fellow at the University of Bergen, Norway. He works in Artificial Intelligence (AI), specifically with Knowledge Representation and Reasoning (KR), focusing on Description Logics.
Currently, he is working towards the combination of Knowledge Representation approaches with Machine Learning methods. He firmly believes that by merging symbolic and neural inference, we should overcome the limitations that these approaches have individually.
Since his PhD, Guimarães has developed an interest in working with different fields simultaneously and at approaching problems from theoretical and practical perspectives.
- (2021). Mining EL Bases with Adaptable Role Depth. 8 pages.
- Jandson S. Ribeiro, Ricardo Guimarães, Ana Ozaki: Revising Ontologies via Models: The ALC-Formula Case. DL 2021
- Ricardo Guimarães: Modularity in Belief Change of Description Logic Bases. University of São Paulo 2020
- Vinícius Bitencourt Matos, Ricardo Guimarães, Yuri David Santos, Renata Wassermann: Pseudo-contractions as Gentle Repairs. Description Logic, Theory Combination, and All That
- Ricardo Guimarães, Uli Sattler, Renata Wassermann: Ontology Stratification Method: A Comparative Study. WOMoCoE 2018
- Ricardo Guimarães, Renata Wassermann: Local Change in Ontologies with Atomic Decomposition. JOWO 2017