- 2018. The Climatology of the Atmospheric Boundary Layer in Contemporary Global Climate Models. Journal of Climate. 9151-9173.
- 2018. Atmospheric heat advection in the Kara Sea region under main synoptic processes. International Journal of Climatology.
- 2018. Arctic amplification metrics. International Journal of Climatology. 4384-4394.
- 2018. Anthropogenic heating strongly amplifies the urban heat island in Arctic cities. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics. 17573-17587.
- 2018. Anthropogenic and natural drivers of a strong winter urban heat island in a typical Arctic city. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics. 17573-17587.
- 2017. Making better sense of the mosaic of environmental measurement networks: a system-of-systems approach and quantitative assessment. Geoscientific Instrumentation, Methods and Data Systems. 453-472.
- 2017. CoCoNet: Towards Coast to Coast Networks of Marine Protected Areas (from the shore to the high and deep sea), coupled with Sea-Based Wind Energy Potential. SCIRES-IT SCIentific RESearch and Information Technology. 1-95.
- 2017. Climatology and interannual variability of cloudiness in the Atlantic Arctic from surface observations since the late nineteenth century. Journal of Climate. 2103-2120.
- 2017. Climate change impacts on wind energy potential in the European domain with a focus on the Black Sea. Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews. 1652-1659.
- 2016. Trends in the normalized difference vegetation index (NDVI) associated with urban development of Northern West Siberia. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics. 9563-9577.
- 2016. Surface air temperature changes in the high-latitude boundary layer. Report Series in Aerosol Science. 123-127.
- 2016. Reassessing changes in diurnal temperature range: A new data set and characterization of data biases. Journal of Geophysical Research (JGR): Atmospheres. 5115-5137.
- 2016. Reassessing changes in Diurnal Temperature Range: Intercomparison and evaluation of existing global dataset estimates. Journal of Geophysical Research (JGR): Atmospheres. 5138-5158.
- 2016. Reassessing changes in Diurnal Temperature Range: A new dataset and characterization of data biases. Journal of Geophysical Research (JGR): Atmospheres. 5115-5137.
- 2016. Diurnal asymmetry to the observed global warming. International Journal of Climatology. 79-93.
- 2016. Differences in the efficacy of climate forcings explained by variations in atmospheric boundary layer depth. Nature Communications.
- 2014. Surface air temperature variability in global climate models. Atmospheric Science Letters. 13-20.
- 2014. Global climate models' bias in surface temperature trends and variability. Environmental Research Letters.
- 2013. Structuring of turbulence and its impact on basic features of Ekman boundary layers. Nonlinear processes in geophysics. 589-604.
- 2013. Eurasian Winter Cooling: Intercomparison of Reanalyses and CMIP5 Data Sets. Atmospheric and Oceanic Science Letters. 324-331.
- 2012. Micro-climate on MEGA-computers. META. 13-17.
- 2012. Complementary explanation of temperature response in the lower atmosphere. Environmental Research Letters. 7 pages.
- 2019. The international interdisciplinary PhD and Post-Doc research school - Observing and Modelling the Arctic Environment - Climate processes, prediction and projection - Daily student blog and Program. 101. 101. .
- 2018. BASIC:-Boundary Layers in the Arctic Atmosphere, Seas and Ice Dynamics - SKD Strategic Project January 2015 – December 2017. 388. 388. .
- 2016. Climate variability and change in the Eurasian Arctic in the 21st Century (NORUSS-CLIMARC). 95. 95. .
- 2014. Planetary boundary layer depth in Global climate models induced biases in surface climatology. .
- 2017. Land surface temperature for urban heat island studies in the Arctic.
- 2014. Planetary boundary layer depth as an essential climate variable.
- 2014. Planetary boundary layer dept as an essential climate variable, Atmosphere-hydrosphere interaction in the Baltic Basin and Arctic Seas.
- 2014. Climate models' bias in surface temperature trends and variability due to treatment of boundary layer.
- 2014. Biases in the surface climatology from Global Climate Models due to the representation of the Planetary Boundary Layer.
- 2014. Biases in Global Climate Models due to PBL Parameterization.
- 2013. Eurasian Winter Cooling: Intercomparison of Reanalyses and CMIP5 data sets.
- 2013. Asymmetry of the surface air temperature response on climatologic heat imbalance due to differences in the planetary boundary layer height.
- 2016. World's hottest nights and highest minimum temperature measured in 2016.
- 2016. Understanding why nights are getting warmer faster than days.
- 2016. Remember when nights were cool? Here's why they are getting increasingly warmer.
- 2016. Når nettene blir varme.
- 2016. Nights are getting hotter: Scientist discover temperatures during the hours of darkness are rising faster than in the daytime.
- 2016. Night sweets.
- 2016. Night Sweats.
- 2016. Nattetemperaturen påvirkes mest av global oppvarming.
- 2016. Natten varmes raskere enn dagen.
- 2016. Hvorfor noen klimaprosesser er mer effektive for oppvarming enn andre.
- 2015. Climate models underestimate temperature variability.
- 2012. Uneven climate change due to atmospheric heat capacity.
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- 2020. Marginal Ice Zone and Ice-Air-Ocean Interactions. 36 pages.
- 2015. The climate role of shallow stably stratified atmospheric boundary layers. 4 pages.
- 2008. Planetary boundary layer as an essential component of the earth's climate system.
- 2013. Asymmetry of the surface air temperature response on climatologic heat imbalance due to differences in the planetary boundary layer height. Geophysical Research Abstracts.
- 2015. Re-visiting our understanding of surface temperature response to climate forcing.
- 2012. Co-variability of temperature fluctuations across timescales.
Academic literature review
- 2018. Scientific challenges of convective-scale numerical weather prediction. 699-710.
Website (informational material)
- 2012. Surface air temperature variability in global climate models, arXiv: 1210.2333.