- Phone+47 55 58 46 25
- Visitor AddressThormøhlens gate 53 A/B5006 BergenRoom338C1
- Postal AddressPostboks 78035020 Bergen
Molecular biology techniques including PCR, quantitative real time PCR, ELISA, ISH, cryo-cutting, cloning, RNA/DNA extraction, cDNA synthesis and DNase treatment.
- (2022). Photoreception and transcriptomic response to light during early development of a teleost with a life cycle tightly controlled by seasonal changes in photoperiod. PLoS Genetics. 28 pages.
- (2022). An EvoDevo Study of Salmonid Visual Opsin Dynamics and Photopigment Spectral Sensitivity. Frontiers in Neuroanatomy. 15 pages.
- (2018). Environmental, population and life-stage plasticity in the visual system of Atlantic cod. Journal of Experimental Biology. 1-13.
- (2022). Photoreception and transcriptome response to light during early development of Atlantic salmon (Salmon salar).
- (2020). The effect of light environment on transcriptome and early development in Atlantic salmon.
- (2019). Genomic approach to identify nonvisual photoreceptors in Atlantic salmon and effects of light environment on early development.
- (2018). The effect of narrow banded LED light on development and growth performance.
More information in national current research information system (CRIStin)
Experienced in several molecular biology techniques including PCR, quantitative real time PCR, TOPO-cloning, RNA/DNA extraction, cDNA synthesis, DNase treatment, gel electrophoresis and gel extraction.
Experience with tissue sectioning and in situ hybridization.
Experience with Northern blotting.
Experienced in hormone quantification with the use of enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) and radioimmuno assay (RIA).
Experience with thin layer chromatography and autoradiography.
Experienced in sampling of blood, pituitary gland and gonad from cod and wrasse.
Experienced in live feed production (artemia and rotifers) and farming of wrasse, cod and halibut.