Molecular biology techniques including PCR, quantitative real time PCR, TOPO-cloning, RNA/DNA extraction, cDNA synthesis, DNase treatment, gel electrophoresis and gel extraction.
- (2022). An EvoDevo Study of Salmonid Visual Opsin Dynamics and Photopigment Spectral Sensitivity. Frontiers in Neuroanatomy.
- (2018). Environmental, population and life-stage plasticity in the visual system of Atlantic cod. Journal of Experimental Biology. 1-13.
- (2020). The effect of light environment on transcriptome and early development in Atlantic salmon.
- (2019). Genomic approach to identify nonvisual photoreceptors in Atlantic salmon and effects of light environment on early development.
- (2018). The effect of narrow banded LED light on development and growth performance.
Experienced in several molecular biology techniques including PCR, quantitative real time PCR, TOPO-cloning, RNA/DNA extraction, cDNA synthesis, DNase treatment, gel electrophoresis and gel extraction.
Experience with tissue sectioning and in situ hybridization.
Experience with Northern blotting.
Experienced in hormone quantification with the use of enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) and radioimmuno assay (RIA).
Experience with thin layer chromatography and autoradiography.
Experienced in sampling of blood, pituitary gland and gonad from cod and wrasse.
Experienced in live feed production (artemia and rotifers) and farming of wrasse, cod and halibut.