- Interaction in online courses
- Use of video in instruction
- Blended learning
- Race, privilege, and social justice
- 2021. The Covid-19 shutdown: when studying turns digital, students want more structure. Physics Education.
- 2020. An Open Source Solution for “Hands-on” teaching of PET/CT to Medical Students under the COVID-19 Pandemic. Nuklearmedizin. 10-15.
- 2019. Taksonomitabellen - En oversettelse av The Taxonomy Table til norsk. Nordisk sygeplejeforskning. 272-284.
- 2019. Meaningful interaction: Toward a new theoretical approach to online instruction. Technology, Pedagogy and Education. 473-484.
- 2019. Evaluation of a new e-learning framework for teaching nuclear medicine and radiology to undergraduate medical students. Acta Radiologica Open. 1-6.
- 2017. E-learning for medical imaging specialists: introducing blended learning in a nuclear medicine specialist course. Acta Radiologica Open. 1-5.
- 2016. Using the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning to Improve My Teaching.
- 2016. Getting the Word Out: Helping instructors make better use of UiB’s new learning platform.
- 2016. From Personal Identity to Knowledge Production.
- 2016. Canvas and Assessment at a Norwegian University.
- 2019. Digital Assessment as Feedback to Support Effective and Meaningful Learning.
- 2019. Crossing Institutional Borders with Digital Tools, Universal Design Principles, & SoTL Perspectives.
- 2019. Addressing the “Border” between Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Norwegian Higher Education.
- 2018. Using formative assessment to change thinking and broaden perspectives in an interdisciplinary course.
- 2018. Teaching and Learning in the Digital Age: Redesigning Assessment Strategies in Norwegian Higher Education.
- 2018. Current Status and Challenges for OER in Norway.
- 2018. Building a Learning-Centered, Scholarly Culture for Digital Assessment in a Norwegian University.
- 2018. Assessment in the Digital Age: Using Canvas to Improve Teaching and Learning in Higher Education.
- 2017. Teaching and Learning in the Digital Age: An exploration into how to change how we've always done things.
- 2017. Teaching and Learning in the Digital Age: Alternative Assessment and Course Redesign at a Norwegian University.
- 2017. Rethinking learning through teaching and assessment.
- 2017. Institutional Change: Changing how educators assess their students with the help of Canvas.
- 2017. Digital Assessment: Current and Future Developments across Europe.
- 2017. Changing how we've always done things: Making fundamental changes in assessment to focus on learning.
- 2016. Theory and Practice in Pedagogy and Didactics. National and International Educational Practices.
Academic anthology/Conference proceedings
- 2017. Putting Theory into Practice in the Contemporary Classroom: Theory Lessons. Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- 2016. Tools for the Development of Teaching at University. Univerzita Komenskehov v Bratislava.
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- 2017. Teaching and learning as textual acts: Roland Barthes, assessment, and the value of the writerly. 21 pages.
- 2010. A history of philosophical and theoretical issues for mixed methods research. 29 pages.
- 2016. A Guide to Better Teaching at University.
- 2013. Mobile in Black and White.
- R. M. Gray. (2019). Meaningful interaction: Toward a new theoretical approach to online instruction instruction, Technology, Pedagogy and Education, DOI: 10.1080/1475939X.2019.1635519
- A. Gulati, T. Schwarzlmüller, E. du Plessis, E. Søfteland, R. Gray Jr., ann M Biermann. (2019). Evaluation of a new e-learning frameworkfor teaching nuclear medicine and radiology to undergraduate medical students. Acta Radiologica Open 8(7) 1–6.
- T. Haslerud, A. J. Tulipan, R. M. Gray, and M. Biermann. (2017). E-learning for medical imaging specialists: introducing blended learning in a nuclear medicine specialist course. Acta Radiologica Open 6(7): 1-5.
- R. M. Gray. (2017). Teaching and learning as textual acts: Roland Barthes, assessment, and the value of the writerly. Theory Lessons: Constructing, Deconstructing, and Reconstructing the Classroom. Ed. Becky McLaughlin. Newcastle up Tyne, UK: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, pp. 95-115.
- Mobile in Black and White (2013), a documentary film project
- Technology Integration in Higher Education: Social and Organizational Aspects (2011), a reference book co-edited with Daniel Surry and Tres Stefurak
- Jesus Walks the Southland (2014), a book of poems
- Gray, R. M, and Dwight, J. (2011). "Toward a New Standard of Quality in Online Learning: Critical Interaction and the Death of the Online Instructor." Technology Integration in Higher Education: Social and Organizational Aspects. IGI.
- Johnson, R. B. & Gray, R. M. (2009). "A Brief History (Past and Present) of Mixed Methods Research Issues." SAGE Handbook of Mixed Methods in Social & Behavioral Research, 2nd ed. SAGE.
- Vanguri, P. R., & Gray, R. M. (2004). "Current Issues in Athletic Training: Faculty Technology Development." Athletic Therapy Today.
- Gray, R. M. (2002). "Assessing Student's Written Projects." New Directions for Teaching and Learning: Assessment Strategies for the Online Teacher: From Theory to Practice. Jossey-Bass.
Teaching and Learning in the Digital Age: Online Tools and Assessment Practices, funded by Norgesuniversitetet
Mobile in Black and White, a documentary film project on race relations in the United States
- Development of Tools for Enhancing the Quality of University Teachers´ Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
Fields of competence