My main research field has a focus in basic and applied deep sea microbiology with expertise in;
i) environmental sampling, ii) deep sea technology, iii) microbial ecology and interactions, iv) metagenomics, metatranscriptomics and metaproteomics (including integrated -omics), v) metagenomics-based enzyme discovery, vi) protein chemistry and vii) comparative genomics.
- 2020. Tailoring hydrothermal vent biodiversity towards improved biodiscovery using a novel in-situ enrichment strategy. Frontiers in Microbiology.
- 2020. Enzyme discovery from the edge of (sequence) space.
- 2020. Bringing deep-sea enzymes to light.
- 2019. Profundibacter amoris gen. nov., sp. nov., a new member of the Roseobacter clade isolated from Loki's Castle Vent Field on the Arctic Mid-Ocean Ridge. International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology. 975-981.
- 2019. Production, characterization, and application of an alginate lyase, AMOR_PL7A, from hot vents in the Arctic mid-ocean ridge. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 2936-2945.
- 2019. Identification of key-players in anaerobic alkane oxidation in the diffuse venting Barite Field at the Loki´s castle.
- 2019. Identification and characterization of a hyperthermophilic GH9 cellulase from the Arctic Mid-Ocean Ridge vent field. PLOS ONE.
- 2019. Discovery of a Thermostable GH10 Xylanase with Broad Substrate Specificity from the Arctic Mid-Ocean Ridge Vent System. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. 1-16.
- 2018. High novelty in secreted amylases from hydrothermal vent field.
- 2018. Genome analysis of Vallitalea guaymasensis strain L81 isolated from a deep-sea hydrothermal vent system. Microorganisms.
- Advanced Bioinformatics
- Proteomics and Mass spectrometry
- Metagenomics, metaproteomics and metatranscriptomics
- Genome assembly and annotation
- Cultivations of extremophilic microorganisms
- Protein expression and purification
- Protein chemistry and structural biology
- Protein stability
- Investigating the ecology, evolution and metabolism of novel deep-sea hydrothermal bacterial and archaeal lineages
- NorzymeD; Enzyme development for Norwegian biomass - mining Norwegian biodiversity for seizing Norwegian opportunities in the bio-based economy (http://norzymed.umb.no/)
- Work package leader "Biodiscovery and Bioprospecting" at K.G Jebsen Centre for Deep Sea Research (http://www.uib.no/en/kgj-deepsea)