- 2021. Trend data and predictors of online gambling in three Norwegian population studies 2013-2019. Frontiers in Psychiatry.
- 2021. Relationships between exposure to different gambling advertising types, advertising impact and problem gambling. Journal of Gambling Studies.
- 2020. Gambling Addiction Norway – experiences among members of a Norwegian self-help group for problem gambling. International Gambling Studies. 246-261.
- 2020. Direct marketing experiences among individuals with current and lifetime gambling disorder. Frontiers in Psychology. 12 pages.
- 2019. Predictors of Gamblers Beliefs About Responsible Gambling Measures. Journal of Gambling Studies. 1375-1396.
- 2019. Near Miss in a Video Game: an Experimental Study. International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction.
- 2019. Evaluating an Internet Gaming Disorder Scale Using Mokken Scaling Analysis. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-8.
- 2019. Are Video Games a Gateway to Gambling? A Longitudinal Study Based on a Representative Norwegian Sample. Journal of Gambling Studies. 545-557.
- 2019. Aggression and Anabolic-Androgenic Steroid Use Intent in Adolescents: A Longitudinal Study. Substance Use & Misuse.
- 2018. The effectiveness of a parental guide for prevention of problematic video gaming in children: A public health randomized controlled intervention study. Journal of Behavioral Addictions. 52-61.
- 2018. Mental health symptoms and gambling behaviour: A longitudinal study from adolescence to emerging adulthood. Journal of Behavioral Addictions.
- 2018. Does individual gambling behavior vary across gambling venues with differing numbers of terminals? An empirical real-world study using player account data. Frontiers in Psychology.
- 2018. A Cross-Lagged Study of Developmental Trajectories of Video Game Engagement, Addiction, and Mental Health. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-13.
- 2017. The relationships between mental health symptoms and gambling behavior in the transition from adolescence to emerging adulthood. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-11.
- 2017. The effects of alcohol expectancy and intake on slot machine gambling behavior. Journal of Behavioral Addictions. 203-211.
- 2017. Policy and prevention approaches for disordered and hazardous gaming and internet use: an international perspective. Prevention Science. 233-249.
- 2017. People around you – Do they matter? An experimental gambling study. International Gambling Studies. 349-365.
- 2017. Negative wins do not reinforce ‘short-term’ slot machine gambling intensity, game evaluation, and gambling beliefs. International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction. 1-11.
- 2017. Gambling behavior in alcohol-serving and non-alcohol-serving-venues: a study of electronic gaming machine players using account records. Addiction Research and Theory. 201-207.
- 2016. Problem gambling and the five-factor model of personality: A large population-based study. Addiction. 1428-1435.
- 2016. Aggression is associated with increased anabolic–androgenic steroid use contemplation among adolescents. Substance Use & Misuse. 1462-1469.
- 2016. A longitudinal study of factors explaining attitude change towards gambling among adolescents. Journal of Behavioral Addictions. 59-67.
- 2015. The impact of gambling advertising: Problem gamblers report stronger impacts on involvement, knowledge, and awareness than recreational gamblers. Psychology of Addictive Behaviors. 483-491.
- 2015. Prevalence and predictors of Video Game Addiction: A study based on a national sample of Gamers. International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction. 1-15.
- 2015. Prevalence and correlates of problem gambling in a representative sample of Norwegian 17-years olds. Journal of Gambling Studies. 659-678.
- 2015. Core and peripheral criteria of video game addiction in the game addiction scale for adolescents. CyberPsychology, Behavior and Social Networking. 280-285.
- 2014. Type of musical soundtrack affects behavior in gambling. Journal of Behavioral Addictions. 102-106.
- 2014. The relationship between structural game characteristics and gambling behavior: a population-level study. Journal of Gambling Studies.
- 2014. Oddstipping: Enkelte eksperter kan det lønne seg å lytte til. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening. 362-364.
- 2014. Is video gaming, or video game addiction, associated with depression, academic achievement, heavy episodic drinking, or conduct problems? Journal of Behavioral Addictions. 27-32.
- 2014. Attitudes toward gambling among adolescents. International Gambling Studies. 505-519.
- 2014. Attentional bias in snus users: An experimental study. PLOS ONE.
- 2013. Gaming addiction, gaming engagement, and psychological health complaints among Norwegian adolescents. Media Psychology. 115-128.
- 2012. Tempo in electronic gaming machines affects behavior among at-risk gamblers. Journal of Behavioral Addictions. 135-139.
- 2012. Effects of sequential win occurrence on subsequent gambling behavior and urges. Gambling Research. 31-38.
- 2012. Diminished aversive conditioning in pathological gamblers. Addiction. 1660-1666.
- 2011. Tipping på odds: lønner det seg å lytte til ekspertene? Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening. 1172-1177.
- 2011. The relationship between media use in the bedroom, sleep habits and symptoms of insomnia. Journal of Sleep Research. 569-575.
- 2011. Problematic video game use: estimated prevalence and associations with mental and physical health. CyberPsychology, Behavior and Social Networking. 591-596.
- 2011. Individual differences in evaluative conditioning and reinforcement sensitivity affect bet-sizes during gambling. Personality and Individual Differences. 729-734.
- 2010. The relationship between aversive conditioning and risk-avoidance in gambling. Journal of Gambling Studies. 545-559.
- 2008. Where is January? The month-SNARC effect in sequence-form synaesthetes. Cortex. 890-907.
- 2007. Gradations of awareness in a modified sequence learning task. Consciousness and Cognition. 809-837.
- 2006. Medikamentell behandling ved spilleavhengighet (Pharmacological treatment of pathological gambling). Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 1322-1324.
- 2020. Omfang av penge- og dataspillproblemer i Norge 2019. .
- 2016. Omfang av penge- og dataspillproblemer i Norge 2015. .
- 2016. Endring av penge- og dataspillproblemer i Norge 2013-2015. .
- 2014. Omfang av penge- og dataspillproblemer i Norge i 2013. .
- 2015. Foredrag ved og debatt mellom Anne Beate Maurseth, Rune Klevjer og Rune Aune Mentzoni om spillkultur og holdninger til spill og spilling i litteraturen og i virkeligheten, før og nå. Introduksjon og debattledelse ved Per Buvik.
Popular scientific lecture
- 2016. "Møteplass: Virtuell Virkelighet".
- 2015. An empirical investigation of past financial outcomes and monthly expenditure among VLT gamblers.
- 2013. Hvem kan slå den feite katten?
- 2012. Dataspillavhengighet - En introduksjon.
- 2012. Avhengighet uten rusmiddel - Er det mulig?
- 2011. Diminished aversive classical conditioning in pathological gamblers.
- 2010. Individual differences in evaluative conditioning and reward responsiveness affect bet-sizes when gambling.
- 2010. Dataspillavhengighet: Forekomst i Norge og sammenheng med psykisk og fysisk helse.
Reader opinion piece
- 2017. Not good enough? Further comments to the wording, meaning, and the conceptualization of Internet Gaming disorder: Commentary on: Chaos and confusion in DSM-5 diagnosis of Internet Gaming disorder: Issues, concerns, and recommendations for clarity in the field (Kuss et al.). Journal of Behavioral Addictions. 114-117.
Thesis at a second degree level
- 2005. The SNARC effect in sequence-form synesthesia.
- 2008. Et vanskelig regnestykke. Bergens Tidende.
Letter to the editor
- 2018. Comment on the global gaming industry's statement on ICD-11 gaming disorder: a corporate strategy to disregard harm and deflect social responsibility? Addiction. 2145-2146.
- 2019. Personal and Contextual Factors Influencing Gaming Behaviour. Risk factors and prevention of video game addiction.
- 2013. Structural Characteristics in Gambling.
- 2014. Spill for alle penga!
- 2011. Greier ikke holde seg unna PC'en.
- 2011. Fremtiden står på spill.
- 2011. Flere erkjenner spillavhengighet.
- 2011. Deprimerte dataspillere.
- 2011. Dataspillere sliter med depresjoner.
- 2011. Abstrakt kunst var ikke abstrakt likevel.
- 2011. Her og nå: Dataspillere sliter med depresjoner.
- 2013. Video game addiction: Prevalence and correlates in a representative sample of Norwegian 17-year olds. Journal of Behavioral Addictions.
- 2013. Prevalence and correlates of gambling addiction in a representative sample of Norwegian 17 year olds. Journal of Behavioral Addictions.
- 2010. Associations between media use in the bedroom, sleep habits and symptoms of insomnia. Journal of Sleep Research. 291-291.
- 2014. The relationship between structural game characteristics and gambling behaviour: A population-level study.
- 2014. Adolescents' attitudes toward gambling: Findings from a representative study of 17-year olds in Norway.
- 2013. Problem gambling among Norwegian 17-year olds: Prevalence and correlates.
- 2013. Attitudes towards gambling among adolescents in Norway.
- 2009. The effects of win occurrence and gender in a gambling situation.
- 2009. Differences in aversive learning are associated with risk taking in gambling.
- 2008. Pharmacological Interventions as Treatment Alternatives in Pathological Gambling.
- 2008. NEO-FFI Profiles of Pathological Gamblers.
- 2008. Impulsivity and Sensation Seeking in Pathological Gamblers.
- 2008. Gender differences and the big win hypothesis in a gambling situation.
Academic literature review
- 2017. Treatment of Internet gaming disorder: An international systematic review and CONSORT evaluation. Clinical Psychology Review. 123-133.
- 2015. Dataspillavhengighet : en oversikt over utbredelse, måling, korrelater, og behandling. Tidsskrift for ungdomsforskning. 33-50.
- 2015. Behandling av dataspillavhengighet : en systematisk oversikt. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening. 471-478.
- 2013. Attentional bias in problem gambling: a systematic review. Journal of Gambling Studies. 359-375.
- 2013. Klar for neste level. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening. 266-267.