- Phone+47 55 58 66 40
- Visitor AddressChristies gate 12(4th floor)5015 BergenRoom452
- Postal AddressPostboks 78075020 BERGEN
- Neurocognitive development and brain plasticity, in typically developing, impaired, and specially trained (e.g. musically) populations
- Neural correlates of music and language perception and their interrelation
- Neural correlates underlying differences in memory performance, academic achievement, and general cognitive skills in children who perinatally suffered from hypoxia / ischemia
- Induction of emotions (e.g., through music), exploration of their psycho- and neurophysiological correlates and their relation with other aspects of personality
- Psychological and neuroscientific methods (including writing purpose-made software)
- Research methods (MAPSYK302)
- Health, society, and your role as a psychologist (PROPSY301B)
- Developmental psychology (PROPSY302)
- Culture, health, and development (PROPSY310)
- Motivation psychology (PSYK109)
- Developmental, cognitive, and biological psychology (PSYK114 / PSYK120)
- 2021. The illusion of absence: how a common feature of magic shows can explain a class of road accidents. Cognitive Research: Principles and Implications.
- 2021. Neocortical substrates of feelings evoked with music in the ACC, insula, and somatosensory cortex. Scientific Reports.
- 2020. Volume reduction of caudate nucleus is associated with movement coordination deficits in patients with hippocampal atrophy due to perinatal hypoxia-ischaemia. NeuroImage: Clinical. 10 pages.
- 2020. Cortical thickness and resting‐state cardiac function across the lifespan: A cross‐sectional pooled mega‐analysis. Psychophysiology. 16 pages.
- 2019. When the statistical MMN meets the physical MMN. Scientific Reports.
- 2019. The association between juvenile onset of depression and emotion regulation difficulties. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-12.
- 2019. Heroic music stimulates empowering thoughts during mind-wandering . Scientific Reports.
- 2016. Under the hood of statistical learning: A statistical MMN reflects the magnitude of transitional probabilities in auditory sequences. Scientific Reports.
- 2016. Sexual Dimorphism in White Matter Developmental Trajectories Using Tract-Based Spatial Statistics. Brain Connectivity. 37-47.
- 2015. Optic radiation structure and anatomy in the normally developing brain determined using diffusion MRI and tractography. Brain Structure and Function. 291-306.
- 2015. Neonatal hypoxia, hippocampal atrophy, and memory impairment: evidence of a causal sequence. Cerebral Cortex. 1469-1476.
- 2015. Music Perception Influences Language Acquisition – Melodic and Rhythmic-Melodic Perception in Children with Specific Language Impairment. Behavioural Neurology.
- 2015. Hippocampal Volume Reduction in Humans Predicts Impaired Allocentric Spatial Memory in Virtual-Reality Navigation. Journal of Neuroscience. 14123-14131.
- 2014. Neural correlates of music-syntactic processing in two-year old children. Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience. 200-208.
- 2014. Differential effects of early life stress on hippocampus and amygdala volume as a function of emotional abilities. Hippocampus. 1094-1101.
- 2013. Neural correlates of emotional personality: a structural and functional magnetic resonance imaging study. PLOS ONE.
- 2013. From Understanding to Appreciating Music Cross-Culturally. PLOS ONE.
- 2012. Normative development of white matter tracts: similarities and differences in relation to age, gender, and intelligence. Cerebral Cortex. 1738-1747.
- 2012. Cardiac signatures of personality. PLOS ONE.
- 2012. A Rapid, Hippocampus-Dependent, Item-Memory Signal that Initiates Context Memory in Humans. Current Biology. 2369-2374.
- 2011. Neurokognition von Musik und Sprache [Neurocognition of music and language]. Sprachheilarbeit. 178-185.
- 2010. Differences in Electric Brain Responses to Melodies and Chords. Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience. 2251-2262.
- 2009. Universal Recognition of Three Basic Emotions in Music. Current Biology. 573-576.
- 2009. Musical training modulates the development of syntax processing in children. NeuroImage. 735-744.
- 2008. Short-term effects of processing musical syntax: An ERP study. Brain Research. 55-62.
- 2008. Processing of musical syntax in children with and without Specific Language Impairment. Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience. 1940-1951.
- 2008. EEG correlates of moderate intermittent explosive disorder. Clinical Neurophysiology. 151-162.
- 2007. Untangling syntactic and sensory processing: An ERP study of music perception. Psychophysiology. 476-490.
- 2007. A cardiac signature of emotionality. European Journal of Neuroscience. 3328-3338.
- 2006. Brain, Music, Plasticity, and Development. Zeitschrift für Erziehungswissenschaft. 51-70.
- 2005. Neural Correlates of Processing Structure in Music and Language – Influences of Musical Training and Language Impairment. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. 231-242.
- 2017. Interaktionen zwischen Musik und Sprache [Interactions between language and music] .
- 2019. Statistical learning in the developing brain: Towards early diagnosis of impaired language acquisition.
- 2016. Modulation of syntax processing in music and language by musical training and language impairment.
- 2007. Neural Correlates of Processing Syntax in Music and Language – Influences of Development, Musical Training, and Language Impairment.
- 2021. SEMLj: A Suite for Structural Equation Models in jamovi.
- 2020. jmvReadWrite: Routines to read and write (jamovi) OMV-files from R.
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- 2018. Interaktionen zwischen Sprache und Musik [Interactions between Language and Music]. 26 pages.
- 2016. The Relationship between Music and Language. 13 pages.
- 2007. Einflüsse von Entwicklungsveränderungen auf die Musikwahrnehmung und die Beziehung von Musik und Sprache [The relationship of music and language and developmental influences on music perception]. 24 pages.
- 2019. Statistical learning in the developing brain.
Fields of competence