Currently, I am working on a project to study the association of oral microbiome with lung function, asthma, and allergies in a general population. My interest is to work with bioinformatics, microbiome data, longitudinal data analysis.
AHA News: Here's How Middle-Aged People -- Especially Women -- Can Avoid a Heart Attack
Kondiskalkulator kan avsløre risiko for sykdom
God kondisjon spesielt viktig for kvinner
- (2023). Previous tuberculosis infection associated with increased frequency of asthma and respiratory symptoms in a Nordic–Baltic multicentre population study. European Respiratory Journal Open Research (ERJ Open Research). 8 pages.
- (2022). Parental TB associated with offspring asthma and rhinitis. The International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease. 544-549.
- (2022). Exposure to Antibacterial Chemicals Is Associated With Altered Composition of Oral Microbiome. Frontiers in Microbiology. 15 pages.
- (2022). Association of oral bacteria with oral hygiene habits and self-reported gingival bleeding. Journal of Clinical Periodontology. 768-781.
- (2021). Statistical and Machine Learning Techniques in Human Microbiome Studies: Contemporary Challenges and Solutions. Frontiers in Microbiology.
- (2021). Applications of Machine Learning in Human Microbiome Studies: A Review on Feature Selection, Biomarker Identification, Disease Prediction and Treatment. Frontiers in Microbiology.
- (2019). Cross-sectional and longitudinal association of non-exercise estimated cardiorespiratory fitness with depression and anxiety in the general population: The HUNT study. Journal of Affective Disorders. 122-129.
- (2019). Cardiorespiratory Fitness and the Risk of First Acute Myocardial Infarction: The HUNT Study . Journal of the American Heart Association (JAHA).
- (2016). Determinants of Transitional Zone Area and Porosity of the Proximal Femur Quantified in Vivo in Postmenopausal Women. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research. 758-766.
- (2015). Measurement of cortical porosity of the proximal femur improves identification of women with nonvertebral fragility fractures. Osteoporosis International. 2137-2146.
- (2015). Bone turnover markers are associated with higher cortical porosity, thinner cortices, and larger size of the proximal femur and non-vertebral fractures. Bone. 1-6.
- (2014). Factors associated with adherence to antiretroviral therapy in HIV-infected patients in Kathmandu District, Nepal. HIV/AIDS. 109-116.
- (2023). Oral bacterial composition associated with lung function and lung inflammation in a community-based Norwegian population. Respiratory Research. 183.
- (2016). Cortical porosity as a target for fracture prevention: The Tromsø Study .
- (2018). Cross-sectional and Longitudinal Association of Cardiorespiratory Fitness with depression and anxiety in the general population. .
- (2017). Cardiorespiratory fitness and the risk of first myocardial Infraction: The HUNT study Journal of American Heart Association .
- (2021). The Future of DNA Barcoding: Reflections from Early Career Researchers . Diversity. 11 pages.
Shigdel, Rajesh; Dalen, Håvard; Sui, Xuemei; Lavie, Carl J.; Wisløff, Ulrik; Ernstsen, Linda. Cardiorespiratory Fitness and the Risk of First Acute Myocardial Infarction: The HUNT Study. Journal of the American Heart Association (JAHA) 2019 ;Volum 8.(9)HNT NTNU STO
Shigdel, Rajesh; Stubbs, Brendon; Sui, Xuemei; Ernstsen, Linda. Cross-sectional and longitudinal association of non-exercise estimated cardiorespiratory fitness with depression and anxiety in the general population: The HUNT study. Journal of Affective Disorders 2019 ;Volum 252. s. 122-129NTNU
Shigdel, Rajesh; Osima, Marit; Ahmed, Luai Awad; Joakimsen, Ragnar Martin; Eriksen, Erik Fink; Zebaze, Roger; Bjørnerem, Åshild. Bone turnover markers are associated with higher cortical porosity, thinner cortices, and larger size of the proximal femur and non-vertebral fractures. Bone 2015 ;Volum 81. s. 1-6OUS UiT UNN
- Association of the oral microbiome with Lung function in a general population
- Association of tuberculosis with asthma and COPD