Sindre August Horn
- Phone+47 932 54 897
- Visitor AddressOVERLEGE DANIELSSENS HUS (4th floor)Årstadveien 215009 Bergen
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
I am a PhD research fellow at the Bergen Centre for Ethics and Priority Setting on the NRC funded project SEVPRI (Severity and Priority Setting in Health Care). After completion of my medical degree at UiB in 2016 and medical internships at Haukeland University Hospital, I have pursued studies in economics and philosophy before I joined BCEPS in the autumn 2020. My main research interests are ethics and political philosophy and how it may inform fair and equitable priority setting principles in health, as well as clinical and research ethics. I also teach the course Medical Nomenclature to first-year students in medicine, dentistry and nutritional sciences.
- (2021). Public health priority setting: A case for priority to the worse off in well-being during the COVID-19 pandemic. Etikk i praksis. 5-15.
- (2021). Is COVID-19 severe? The Norwegian severity criterion for priority setting meets the pandemic. Tidsskrift for velferdsforskning. 1-14.
- (2015). Melanoma brain metastasis is independent of lactate dehydrogenase A expression. Neuro-Oncology. 1374-1385.
- (2014). In vitro treatment of melanoma brain metastasis by simultaneously targeting the MAPK and PI3K signaling pathways. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 8773-8794.
- (2021). SEVPRI Rådgiverpanelseminar.
- (2021). Etiske teorier - HELSAM301.
- (2021). Prioriteringer under en pandemi.
- (2021). Priority setting in health care: The moral basis for prioritising the severely ill.
- (2022). Priority setting across different levels of decision-making: the way forward. BMJ Global Health. 1 pages.
- (2013). In vivo animal models for studying brain metastasis: value and limitations. Clinical and Experimental Metastasis. 695-710.
- (2014). In Vitro Treatment of Melanoma Brain Metastasis by Simultaneously Targeting the MAPK and PI3K Signaling Pathways.