- (2022). Small, charged proteins in salmon louse (Lepeophtheirus salmonis) secretions modulate Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) immune responses and coagulation. Scientific Reports. 16 pages.
- (2021). The salmon louse genome: Copepod features and parasitic adaptations. Genomics. 3666-3680.
- (2020). Rainbow trout Oncorhynchus mykiss skin responses to salmon louse Lepeophtheirus salmonis: From copepodid to adult stage. Fish and Shellfish Immunology. 200-210.
- (2018). Salmon louse rhabdoviruses: Impact on louse development and transcription of selected Atlantic salmon immune genes. Developmental and Comparative Immunology. 86-95.
- (2017). Ionotropic receptors signal host recognition in the salmon louse (Lepeophtheirus salmonis, Copepoda). PLOS ONE.
- (2017). Characterization of three salmon louse (Lepeophtheirus salmonis) genes with fibronectin II domains expressed by tegumental type 1 glands. Molecular and biochemical parasitology (Print). 1-9.
- (2016). Exocrine glands of Lepeophtheirus salmonis (Copepoda: Caligidae): Distribution, developmental appearance, and site of secretion. Journal of morphology. 1616-1630.
- (2015). Molecular characterisation of the salmon louse, Lepeophtheirus salmonis salmonis (Krøyer, 1837), ecdysone receptor with emphasis on functional studies of female reproduction. International Journal of Parasitology. 175-185.
- (2015). Molecular characterisation and functional analysis of LsChi2, a chitinase found in the salmon louse (Lepeophtheirus salmonis salmonis, Krøyer 1838). Experimental parasitology. 39-48.
- (2014). Transcriptome sequencing of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.) notochord prior to development of the vertebrae provides clues to regulation of positional fate, chordoblast lineage and mineralisation. BMC Genomics.
- (2014). Genomic characterization and phylogenetic position of two new species in Rhabdoviridae infecting the parasitic copepod, salmon louse (Lepeophtheirus salmonis). PLOS ONE.
- (2014). Built for speed: Strain in the cartilaginous vertebral columns of sharks. Zoology. 19-27.
- (2014). A method for stable gene knock-down by RNA interference in larvae of the salmon louse (Lepeophtheirus salmonis). Experimental parasitology. 44-51.
- (2013). Regional changes in vertebra morphology during ontogeny reflect the life history of Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua L.). Journal of Anatomy. 615-624.
- (2013). Mineralization of the vertebral bodies in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.) is initiated segmentally in the form of hydroxyapatite crystal accretions in the notochord sheath. Journal of Anatomy. 159-170.
- (2011). Sustained swimming increases the mineral content and osteocyte density of salmon vertebral bone. Journal of Anatomy. 490-501.
- (2011). Inspired by Sharks: A Biomimetic Skeleton for the Flapping, Propulsive Tail of an Aquatic Robot. Marine Technology Society journal. 119-129.
- (2011). Identification of vimentin- and elastin-like transcripts specifically expressed in developing notochord of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.). Cell and Tissue Research. 191-202.
- (2010). Collagen type XI alpha 1 may be involved in the structural plasticity of the vertebral column in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.). Journal of Experimental Biology. 1207-1216.
- (2006). Stepwise enforcement of the notochord and its intersection with the myoseptum: an evolutionary path leading to development of the vertebra? Journal of Anatomy. 339-357.
- (2006). Impact of smolt production strategy on vertebral growth and mineralisation during smoltification and the early seawater phase in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar, L.). Aquaculture. 715-728.
- (2006). Exposure of cod Gadus morhua to resuspended sediment: an experimental study of the impact of bottom trawling. Marine Ecology Progress Series. 247-254.
- (2005). Vertebrae of the trunk and tail display different growth rates in response to photoperiod in Atlantic salmon, Salmo salar L., post-smolts. Aquaculture. 516-524.
- (2005). The salmon vertebral body develops through mineralization of two preformed tissues that are encompassed by two layers of bone. Journal of Anatomy. 103-114.
- (2005). Deformation of the notochord by pressure from the swim bladder may cause malformation of the spine in reared Atlantic cod larvae: a case study. Diseases of Aquatic Organisms. 121-128.
- (2005). A segmental pattern of alkaline phosphatase activity within the notochord coincides with the initial formation of the vertebral bodies. Journal of Anatomy. 427-436.
- (2005). A segmental pattern of alkaline phosphatase activity with the notochord coincides with the initial formation of the vertebrae. Journal of Anatomy. 427-436.
- (2004). Pinealectomy induces malformation of the spine and reduces the mechanical strength of the vertebrae in Atlantic salmon, Salmo salar. Journal of Pineal Research. 132-139.
- (2004). Neurological symptoms in tricolor sharkminnow Balantiocheilos melanopterus associated with Myxobolus balantiocheili n. sp infecting the central nervous system. Diseases of Aquatic Organisms. 135-140.
- (2003). Notochord segmentation may lay the pathway for the development of the vertebral bodies of the Atlantic salmon Salmo salar. Anatomy and Embryology. 263-272.
- (1999). Transmission of viral encephalopathy and retionopathy (VER) to yolk sac larvae of the Atlantic halibut Hippoglossus hippoglossus: occurence of nodavirus in various organs and a possible route of infection. . Diseases of Aquatic Organisms. 95-106.
- (1998). Transmission of viral encephalopathy and retinopathy (VER) to yolk-sac larvae of Atlantic halibut Hippoglossus hippoglossus: occurrence of nodaviru various organs and a possible route of infection. Diseases of Aquatic Organisms.
- (1997). Vacuolating encephalopathy and reinopathy associated with a nodavirus: a probable cause of mass mortality of cultured larval Atlantic halibut Hippoglossus hippoglossus L. Diseases of Aquatic Organisms. 85-97.
- (1997). Detection of nodavirus in heart tissue from reared Atlantic salmon Salmo salar suffering from caridac myopathy syndrome (CMS). Diseases of Aquatic Organisms.
- (1995). Mass mortality of larval and juvenile hatchery-reared halibut (Hippoglossus hippoglossus L.) associated with the presence of viruslike particles in vacuolated lesions in the central nervous system and retina. Bulletin of The European Association of Fish Pathologists. 176-180.
- (1995). Dødelighet hos kveitelarver. Norsk Fiskeoppdrett. 30-31.
- (2014). The functional properties of aquaporin water channels in the salmon louse compared to its host the Atlantic salmon.
- (2019). THE SALMON LOUSE (LEPEOPHTHEIRUS SALMONIS) SALIVARY GLAND SECRETES IMMUNE REGULATORY PROTEINS.
- (2019). Lusespytt modulerer laksens immunrespons.
- (2018). DO Lepeophtheirus salmonis RHABDOVIRUSES (LsRVs) DAMPEN THE LOCAL SKIN INFLAMMATORY RESPONSE IN ATLANTIC SALMON Salmo salar?
- (2017). Exocrine glands of Lepeophtheirus salmonis and secretion of possible immune regulatory proteins.
- (2016). Distribution and Development of salmon louse Lepeophtheirus salmonis exocrine glands.
- (2014). Molecular characterization of a salmon louse (lepeophtheirus salmonis) chitinase using RNA interference in planktonic stages.
- (2013). DEEP SEQUENCING REVEALS MINERALIZING NOTOCHORD TRANSCRIPTOME, DURING AXIAL SKELETON ENFORCEMENT FROM NOTOCHORD TO VERTEBRA IN ATLANTIC SALMON (SALMO SALAR L.).
- (2012). The Atlantic salmon (Salmo Salar L.) notochord displays a dynamic transcriptome prior to and during vertebral segmentation.
- (2008). Roles of fat soluble vitamins in bone development and mineral metabolism.
- (2006). Fettløselige vitaminers rolle i beinutvikling og mineralmetabolisme.
- (2004). Roles of fat soluble vitamins in bone development and mineral metabolism.
- (2006). Morfologiske effekter av vaksineindusert bukhinnebetennelse på bukspyttkjertelen hos Atlanterhavslaks (Salmo salar L.).
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- (2005). Metamorfose - forvandling fra larve til yngel. 15 pages.
- (2012). The Vertebral Column of Sharks: Functional Morphology of the Intervertebral Joint. Integrative and Comparative Biology. E312-E312.
- (2017). Eksokrine kjertler i lakselus (Lepeophtheirus salmonis).
- (2016). The function of nanos in germ cell development and survival is conserved in Lepeophtheirus salmonis.
- (2014). Genomic and Functional Analyses of the Aquaporin Superfamily in Lepeophtheirus salmonis.
- (2013). Unique Organisation of Chemosensory System in Salmon Louse (L.Salmonis) Indicates Adaptation To Strictly Parasitic Life Style.