- 2021. The effects of bright light treatment on subjective and objective sleepiness during three consecutive night shifts among hospital nurses-a counter-balanced placebo-controlled crossover study. . Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment and Health. 145-153.
- 2021. Stability and Change of the Personality Traits Languidity and Flexibility in a Sample of Nurses: A 7–8 Years Follow-Up Study. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-9.
- 2021. Sleep patterns among Norwegian nurses between the first and second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic. BMC Nursing. 6 pages.
- 2021. Sleep medication and melatonin use among Norwegian nurses – A cross-sectional study. Nursing Open. 1-12.
- 2021. Prevalence of shift work disorder: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Frontiers in Psychology.
- 2021. Daylight Saving Time preferences in Norway: Do individual chronotype and home address’ latitude and longitude matter? Chronobiology International.
- 2021. Changes in work schedule affect the prevalence of shift work disorder among Norwegian nurses–a two year follow-up study. Chronobiology International. 924-932.
- 2020. The association between shift work and immunological biomarkers in nurses. Frontiers In Public Health. 1-9.
- 2020. Subjective and objective sleep among air ambulance personnel. Chronobiology International. 129-139.
- 2020. Short sleep duration and high exposure to quick returns are associated with impaired everyday memory in shift workers. Nursing Outlook. 1-9.
- 2020. Self-reported seasonality is strongly associated with chronotype and weakly associated with latitude. Chronobiology International.
- 2020. Role of nocturnal light intensity on adaptation to three consecutive night shifts: a counterbalanced crossover study. Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 249-255.
- 2020. Blue-enriched white light improves performance but not subjective alertness and circadian adaptation during three consecutive simulated night shifts. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-16.
- 2020. Alerting and Circadian Effects of Short-Wavelength vs. Long-Wavelength Narrow-Bandwidth Light during a Simulated Night Shift. Clocks & Sleep. 502-522.
- 2020. Accumulated long-term exposure to workplace bullying impairs psychological hardiness: A five-year longitudinal study among nurses. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (IJERPH). 1-12.
- 2019. Sleepiness among personnel in the Norwegian Air Ambulance Service. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health. 1121-1130.
- 2019. Short rest between shifts (quick returns) and night work is associated with work-related accidents. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health. 829-835.
- 2019. Pain complaints are associated with quick returns and insomnia among Norwegian nurses, but do not difer between shift workers and day only workers. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health. 1-9.
- 2019. Insomnia as a partial mediator of the relationship between personality and future symptoms of anxiety and depression among nurses. Frontiers in Psychology. 1-10.
- 2019. Causes and management of sleepiness among pilots in a Norwegian and an Austrian air ambulance service—a comparative study. Air Medical Journal. 25-29.
- 2019. A national survey on how sexual activity is perceived to be associated with sleep. Sleep and Biological Rhythms. 65-72.
- 2018. Workaholism and negative work-related incidents among nurses. Industrial Health. 373-381.
- 2018. The association between insomnia and bedroom habits and bedroom characteristics: an exploratory cross-sectional study of a representative sample of adults. Sleep Health. 188-193.
- 2018. Shift work schedule and night work load: Effects on body mass index - A four-year longitudinal study. Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment and Health. 251-257.
- 2018. Restless legs syndrome/Willis-Ekbom disease is prevalent in working nurses, but seems not to be associated with shift work schedules. Frontiers in Neurology. 1-7.
- 2018. Migraine, tension-type headache and medication-overuse headache in a large population of shift working nurses: a cross-sectional study in Norway. BMJ Open. 1-7.
- 2018. Long working hours are inversely related to sick leave in the following 3 months: a 4-year registry study. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health. 10 pages.
- 2017. Sleep detriments associated with quick returns in rotating shift work: a diary study. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 522-527.
- 2017. Psychosocial work environment and mental health-related long-term sickness absence among nurses. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health. 195-203.
- 2017. Age and sex differences in bedroom habits and bedroom preferences. Sleep Medicine. 157-161.
- 2016. Short rest between shift intervals increases the risk of sick leave: a prospective registry study. Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 496-501.
- 2016. A longitudinal study of the relationship between the five-factor model of personality and workaholism. TPM - Testing, Psychometrics, Methodology in Applied Psychology. 285-298.
- 2015. Parasomnias are more frequent in shift workers than in day workers. Chronobiology International. 1352-1358.
- 2014. Spontaneous abortions and shift work in a cohort of nurses in Norway. Occupational Medicine & Health Affairs. 160.
- 2014. Short rest periods between work shifts predict sleep and health problems in nurses at 1-year follow-up. Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 555-561.
- 2014. Predictors of shift work disorder among nurses: a longitudinal study. Sleep Medicine. 1449-1455.
- 2013. Sleep and Health in Oil Rig Workers-Before and After a Two Week Work Period Offshore. Industrial Health. 172-179.
- 2013. Shift work disorder in a random population sample : prevalence and comorbidities. PLOS ONE. 7 pages.
- 2012. Subjective and objective sleepiness among oil rig workers during three different shift schedules. Sleep Medicine. 64-72.
- 2012. Self-reported sleep and health among Norwegian hospital nurses in intensive care units. Nursing in Critical Care. 180-188.
- 2011. Saliva cortisol levels in construction workers in the Arctic (78°N). International Journal of Circumpolar Health. 542-551.
- 2011. Adaptation and readaptation to different shift work schedules measured with sleep diary and actigraphy. Journal of Occupational Health Psychology. 331-344.
- 2010. Subjective and objective sleep and sleepiness among tunnel workers in an extreme and isolated environment: 10-h shifts, 21-day working period, at 78 degrees north. Sleep Medicine. 185-190.
- 2010. Still healthy after extended work hours? Ten hours shift, twenty-one days working period for tunnel workers. Industrial Health. 804-810.
- 2010. Shift work and age in the offshore petroleum industry. International Maritime Health. 251-257.
- 2010. Cortisol, reaction time test and health among offshore shift workers. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 1339-1347.
- 2009. Shift work disorder among oil rig workers in the North Sea. Sleep. 558-565.
- 2007. The association between sleep duration, body mass index and metabolic measures in the Hordaland Health Study. Journal of Sleep Research. 66-76.
- 2007. Skiftarbeid og søvn. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening. 428-433.
Popular scientific lecture
- 2009. Tunnels workers may adapt well to night shift work.
- 2020. Predictors of sleep medication use among Norwegian nurses - a cross-sectional study.
- 2019. Effects of Different Light Intensities on Adaptation to Simulated Night Shifts: A Randomized Counterbalanced Crossover Study.
- 2013. Short rest periods of less than 11 hours between work shifts predict sleep and health problems in nurses at one year follow-up.
- 2013. Shift-rotations with less than 11 hours rest periods predict shift work disorder, excessive sleepiness and pathological fatigue in nurses at one year follow-up.
- 2013. Bright Light Improves Sleep and Psychological Health in Shift Working Nurses. Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine (JCSM). 647-648.
- 2020. A longitudinal study on the association between quick returns and occupational accidents. Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment and Health. 645-649.
Popular scientific article
- 2015. For få timer mellom vaktene påvirker søvn og helse. Tidsskriftet sykepleien. 58-60.
- 2011. Shift work, sleep and health in the petroleum offshore industry.
- 2016. Use of electronic media in bed and reading in bed after bedtime – Age and sex differences in a representative adult population. Journal of Sleep Research. 377-377.
- 2012. A comparison of sleep and health at the start and end of a 14-day work period among Norwegian oil rig workers. Journal of Sleep Research. 99-99.
- 2010. SHIFT WORK, CORTISOL, REACTION TIME TEST AND HEALTH AMONG OFFSHORE WORKERS. International Journal of Behavioral Medicine. 88-88.
- 2007. Shift Work Sleep Disorder among oil rig workers in the North Sea. Sleep and Biological Rhythms.
- 2006. Subjective and objective sleep during an extended shift work schedule. Journal of Sleep Research. 97-97.
- 2006. Effects of sleep length and body mass index on metabolic measures. Journal of Sleep Research. 236-236.
- 2006. Do age and shift work experience matter for sleep and health among nurses in a hospital setting? Journal of Sleep Research. 116-116.
- 2020. The association between shift work disorder and turnover intention among nurses.
- 2018. Personality and Insomnia as Predictors of Anxiety and Depression among Norwegian Nurses: The SUSSH Study.
- 2018. Effects of bright light on sleepiness and cognitive performance during simulated night shift work.
- 2016. Use of electronic media in bed and reading in bed after bedtime – Age and sex differences in a representative adult population.
Academic literature review
- 2019. Shift Work and Lifestyle factors: A 6-year follow-Up Study Among Nurses. Frontiers In Public Health. 1-10.
- 2016. Trajectories of sleepiness and insomnia symptoms in Norwegian nurses with and without night work and rotational work. Chronobiology International. 480-489.
- 2016. Systematic review of the relationship between quick returns in rotating shift work and health-related outcomes. Ergonomics. 1-14.
- 2013. Effects of shift and night work in the offshore petroleum industry: a systematic review. Industrial Health. 530-544.
- 2010. Measures to counteract the negative effects of night work. Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment and Health. 109-120.
- 2010. Ernæring ved akutt betennelse i bukspyttkjertelen en systematisk litteraturgjennomgang. Klinisk Sygepleje. 48-59.
- 2009. Measures to couteract the negative effects of night work. Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment and Health. 109-120.
Fields of competence