MRI of children exposed to drugs/alcohol abuse during pregnancy.
Follow up of extremely premature children (the Baby PEP study)
Imaging of patients with Ewing Sarcoma
Use and benefits of diagnostic imaging of cerebral palsy (the MOBAND study)
Radiology for medical students.
Lectures at national courses for specialist candidates.
Lectures at international conventions in radiology.
- 2020. Intellectual disability in KATP channel neonatal diabetes. Diabetes Care. 526-533.
- 2020. Chest CT scoring for evaluation of lung sequelae in congenital diaphragmatic hernia survivors. Pediatric Pulmonology. 740-746.
- 2018. Functional MRI in prenatally opioid-exposed children during a working memory-selective attention task. Neurotoxicology and Teratology. 46-54.
- 2018. Added value of 18F-FDG PET-CT in staging of Ewing sarcoma in children and young adults. European Journal of Hybrid Imaging.
- 2017. Brain morphology in school-aged children with prenatal opioid exposure: A structural MRI study. Early Human Development. 33-39.
- 2016. F-18-FDG PET-CT in children and young adults with Ewing sarcoma diagnosed in Norway during 2005-2012: a national population-based study. Clinical Physiology and Functional Imaging. 441-446.
- 2016. Estimated cumulative radiation dose received by diagnostic imaging during staging and treatment of operable Ewing sarcoma 2005–2012. Pediatric Radiology. 82-88.
- 2016. Cerebral magnetic resonance imaging in children with prenatal drug exposure: clinically useful? Clinical Pediatrics. 326-332.
- 2014. Ventricular dilatation in ex-prematures: only confined to the occipital region? MRI-based normative standards for 19-year-old ex-prematures without major handicaps. Acta Radiologica. 470-477.
- 2014. Selective ultrasound screening for developmental hip dysplasia: Effect on management and late detected cases. A prospective survey during 1991-2006. Pediatric Radiology. 410-424.
- 2014. Association between brain activation (fMRI), cognition and school performance in extremely preterm and term born children. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. 427-432.
- 2013. fMRI: blood oxygen level-dependent activation during a working memory-selective attention task in children born extremely preterm. Pediatric Research. 196-205.
- 2013. Cerebral magnetic resonance imaging findings in children born extremely preterm, very preterm, and at term. Pediatric Neurology. 113-118.
- 2011. Selectively reduced posterior corpus callosum size in a population-based sample of young adults born with low birth weight. American Journal of Neuroradiology. 970-975.
- 2011. Newborns With Sonographically Dysplastic and Potentially Unstable Hips: 6-Year Follow-up of an RCT. Pediatrics. E661-E666.
- 2010. Left vocal cord paralysis after extreme preterm birth, a new clinical scenario in adults. Pediatrics. E1569-E1577.
- 2010. Immediate treatment versus sonographic surveillance for mild hip dysplasia in newborns. Pediatrics. E9-E16.
- 2010. Cerebral MRI and Cognition in Nonhandicapped, Low Birth Weight Adults. Pediatric Neurology. 258-262.
- 2009. Neonatal bronchopulmonary dysplasia predicts abnormal pulmonary HRCT scans in long-term survivors of extreme preterm birth. Thorax. 405-410.
- 2008. Assessing ventricular size: is subjective evaluation accurate enough? New MRI-based normative standards for 19-year-olds. Neuroradiology. 1005-1011.
- 2006. High-resolution CT of the chest in children and young adults who were born prematurely: Findings in a population-based study. American Journal of Roentgenology. 1012-1018.
- 1997. Brain morphology in school-aged children with prenatal opioid exposure: A structural MRI study. Early Human Development. 33-39.
- 2019. Legers rolle ved mistanke om alvorlig barnemishandling. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 126-128.
- 2014. Medisin i bilder; “Farlig tiltrekning”. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
- 2014. Medisin i bilder; “Barn med krumme legger”. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
- 2019. Derfor må legen prioritere barnets beste fremfor taushetsplikt. Bergens Tidende.
- 2019. 18F-FDG PET-CT in imaging of children and young adults with Ewing sarcoma in Norway 2005-2012.
- 2018. Cerebral magnetic resonance imaging in children with prenatal drug exposure: Structural and functional aspects of the opioid-exposed brain .
- 2011. Imaging of the brain and of the lungs in young adults born prematurely and / or with a low birth weight. Radiological findings and associations with clinical features.
- 2013. Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging, school performance and prematurety: a regional, clinical-controlled study.
- 2013. The use of F18 FDG PET-CT in children and young adults with Ewing Sarcoma diagnosed in Norway 2005-2012. A national, population based study. European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging. S204-S204.
- 2009. CEREBRAL MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING AND COGNITION IN NON-HANDICAPPED, LOW BIRTH WEIGHT ADULTS. A POPULATION BASED, CONTROLLED STUDY. Acta Paediatrica. 201-201.
Ventricular dilatation in ex-prematures: only confined to the occipital region? MRI-based normative standards for 19-year-old ex-prematures without major handicaps.
Aukland SM, Elgen IB, Odberg MD, Chong WK, Eide GE, Rosendahl K.
Acta Radiol. 2013 Aug 12.
Cerebral magnetic resonance imaging findings in children born extremely preterm, very preterm, and at term.
Griffiths ST, Elgen IB, Chong WK, Odberg MD, Markestad T, Neto E, Aukland SM.
Pediatr Neurol. 2013 Aug;49(2):113-8. doi: 10.1016/j.pediatrneurol.2013.03.006.
Selectively reduced posterior corpus callosum size in a population-based sample of young adults born with low birth weight.
Aukland SM, Westerhausen R, Plessen KJ, Odberg MD, Elgen IB, Peterson BS, Ersland L, Eide GE, Rosendahl K. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2011 May;32(5):970-5. doi: 10.3174/ajnr.A2594. Epub 2011 Apr 14.
Newborns with sonographically dysplastic and potentially unstable hips: 6-year follow-up of an RCT.
Brurås KR, Aukland SM, Markestad T, Sera F, Dezateux C, Rosendahl K.
Pediatrics. 2011 Mar;127(3):e661-6. doi: 10.1542/peds.2010-2572. Epub 2011 Feb 14.
Neonatal bronchopulmonary dysplasia predicts abnormal pulmonary HRCT scans in long-term survivors of extreme preterm birth.
Aukland SM, Rosendahl K, Owens CM, Fosse KR, Eide GE, Halvorsen T.
Thorax. 2009 May;64(5):405-10. doi: 10.1136/thx.2008.103739. Epub 2009 Jan 21.