- (2023). Xeno-free generation of human induced pluripotent stem cells from donor-matched fibroblasts isolated from dermal and oral tissues. Stem Cell Research & Therapy.
- (2023). Systems analyses of the Fabry kidney transcriptome and its response to enzyme replacement therapy identified and cross-validated enzyme replacement therapy-resistant targets amenable to drug repurposing. Kidney International. 803-819.
- (2023). Network-Based Assessment of Minimal Change Disease Identifies Glomerular Response to IL-7 and IL-12 Pathways Activation as Innovative Treatment Target. Biomedicines.
- (2023). Embryonic Stem Cells Can Generate Oral Epithelia under Matrix Instruction. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 13 pages.
- (2022). Glomerular proteomic profiling of kidney biopsies with hypertensive nephropathy reveals a signature of disease progression. Hypertension Research.
- (2022). Epithelial PD-L1 expression at tumor front predicts overall survival in a cohort of oral squamous cell carcinomas from Sudan. Clinical and Experimental Dental Research. 1-11.
- (2021). Feasibility of a portable electronic nose for detection of oral squamous cell carcinoma in sudan. Healthcare. 1-11.
- (2021). Characterization of immune cell infiltrate in tumor stroma and epithelial compartments in oral squamous cell carcinomas of Sudanese patients. Clinical and Experimental Dental Research. 1-11.
- (2021). Axl-inhibitor bemcentinib alleviates mitochondrial dysfunction in the unilateral ureter obstruction murine model. Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine. 7407-7417.
- (2021). Analysis of salivary mycobiome in a cohort of oral squamous cell carcinoma patients from Sudan identifies higher salivary carriage of malassezia as an independent and favorable predictor of overall survival. Frontiers in Cellular and Infection Microbiology. 1-15.
- (2021). AXL targeting by a specific small molecule or monoclonal antibody inhibits renal cell carcinoma progression in an orthotopic mice model. Physiological Reports. 1-11.
- (2020). Loss of S100A14 expression at the tumor-invading front correlates with poor differentiation and worse prognosis in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Head and Neck. 1-11.
- (2019). Transcriptome-proteome integration of archival human renal cell carcinoma biopsies enables identification of molecular mechanisms. American Journal of Physiology - Renal Physiology (AJP).
- (2019). Characterization of glomerular extracellular matrix in IgA nephropathy by proteomic analysis of laser-captured microdissected glomeruli. BMC Nephrology. 1-12.
- (2019). AXL targeting reduces fibrosis development in experimental unilateral ureteral obstruction. Physiological Reports. 1-20.
- (2017). Clear cell renal cell carcinoma is linked to epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition and to fibrosis. Physiological Reports. 1-18.
- (2016). Integrin α11 is overexpressed by tumour stroma of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma and correlates positively with alpha smooth muscle actin expression. Journal of Oral Pathology & Medicine. 267-275.
- (2015). The low-affinity nerve growth factor receptor p75NTR identifies a transient stem cell-like state in oral squamous cell carcinoma cells. Journal of Oral Pathology & Medicine. 410-419.
- (2015). S100A16 promotes differentiation and contributes to a less aggressive tumor phenotype in oral squamous cell carcinoma. BMC Cancer. 14 pages.
- (2014). Rapid adherence to collagen IV enriches for tumour initiating cells in oral cancer. European Journal of Cancer. 3262-3270.
- (2013). Successful triple immuno enzymatic method employing primary antibodies from same species and same immunoglobulin subclass. European journal of histochemistry. 143-150.
- (2014). Role of S100A16 in Differentiation of Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma.
- (2014). Cancer stem cell-related markers in normal and neoplastic oral mucosa; a study on human samples and experimental models.
- (2020). Systems Analyses of Renal Fabry Transcriptome and Response to Enzyme Replacement Therapy (ERT) Identifies a Cross-Validated and Druggable ERT-Resistant Module.
- (2012). Expression of cancer stem cell markers in oral squamous cell carcinoma.
Academic literature review
- (2012). The use of salivary cytokines as a screening tool for oral squamous cell carcinoma: A review of the literature. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology. 256-261.
Fields of competence