- (2021). Phenology and Environmental Control of Phytoplankton Blooms in the Kong Håkon VII Hav in the Southern Ocean. Frontiers in Marine Science. 24 pages.
- (2020). Hypoxia changes the shape of the biomass size spectrum of planktonic communities: A case study in the eastern Mediterranean (Elefsina Bay). Journal of Plankton Research. 752-766.
- (2020). Fe(II) stability in coastal seawater during experiments in Patagonia, Svalbard, and Gran Canaria. Biogeosciences. 1327-1342.
- (2020). Experiment design and bacterial abundance control extracellular H2O2 concentrations during four series of mesocosm experiments. Biogeosciences. 1309-1326.
- (2018). Bacterial community composition responds to changes in copepod abundance and alters ecosystem function in an Arctic mesocosm study. The ISME Journal. 2694-2705.
- (2017). Iron availability modulates the effects of future CO2 levels within the marine planktonic food web. Marine Ecology Progress Series. 17-33.
- (2017). Dampened copepod-mediated trophic cascades in a microzooplankton-dominated microbial food web: A mesocosm study. Limnology and Oceanography. 1031-1044.
- (2017). Bacterial growth and mortality after deposition of saharan dust and mixed aerosols in the eastern mediterranean sea: A mesocosm experiment. Frontiers in Marine Science. 13 pages.
- (2017). Atmospheric deposition effects on plankton communities in the Eastern Mediterranean: A mesocosm experimental approach. Frontiers in Marine Science. 1-17.
- (2016). The potential impact of Saharan dust and polluted aerosols on microbial populations in the East Mediterranean Sea, an overview of a mesocosm experimental approach. Frontiers in Marine Science. 1-16.
- (2016). Response of the eastern mediterranean microbial ecosystem to dust and dust affected by acid processing in the atmosphere. Frontiers in Marine Science. 1-13.
- (2016). Evaluating the impact of atmospheric depositions on springtime dinitrogen fixation in the cretan sea (Eastern Mediterranean)-A mesocosm approach. Frontiers in Marine Science. 1-13.
- (2016). Confirming the "rapid phosphorus transfer from microorganisms to mesozooplankton in the eastern mediterranean sea" scenario through a mesocosm experiment. Journal of Plankton Research. 502-521.
- (2016). A light-induced shortcut in the planktonic microbial loop. Scientific Reports.
- (2016). Modification of a 3D ecosystem model to study plankton community response to nutrient enrichment.
- (2017). Reducing uncertainty in climate change scenario Development through transdisciplinary integration of qualitative stakeholder data in decision support systems.
- (2017). REDUCING UNCERTAINTY IN SCENARIO DEVELOPMENT THROUGH TRANSDISCIPLINARY INTEGRATION OF QUALITATIVE AND QUANTITATIVE DATA IN A DECISION SUPPORT SYSTEM.
- (2017). Microbial Food web structure in a changing Arctic.
- (2016). Top down controls in the microbial food web and its consequences for the Carbon pumps.
- (2017). Editorial: Impact of aerosols (Saharan Dust and Mixed) on the East Mediterranean oligotrophic ecosystem, results from experimental studies. Frontiers in Marine Science. 1-2.
- (2015). De usynlige hjelperne.
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- (2016). Integrating scientific knowledge, data and stakeholder perceptions for decision support. 8 pages.
- (2019). Understanding the microbial food web. A basis for knowledge-based marine management .
- (2017). Corrigendum: Bacterial Growth and Mortality after Deposition of Saharan Dust and Mixed Aerosols in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea: A Mesocosm Experiment. Frontiers in Marine Science.
Academic literature review
- (2018). Simple models combining competition, defence and resource availability have broad implications in pelagic microbial food webs. Ecology Letters. 1440-1452.