- Phone+47 55 58 27 38+47 486 36 554
- Visitor AddressAllegt. 55
- Postal AddressPostboks 78035020 BERGEN
I am a senior scientist in the Space Physics Plasma Group.
My main research interest concerns the understanding of the coupled solar wind - magnetosphere - ionosphere system. I conduct studies based on the analysis and interpretation of large datasets from a wide variety of sources, counting ground-based ionospheric measurements, low-altitude polar orbiting magnetic satellite observations, plasma and field measurements from a large number of satellites in the solar wind and magnetosphere, and results from global magneto-hydro-dynamic simulations of the system. Currently I am involved in investigations utilizing data from the AMPERE and SWARM satellite missions as well as both current and historic ground-based magnetometer observations.
Another are of interest is space weather research. I am part of the management team for ESA's Expert Service Center for Geomagnetic Conditions.
For full list of journal publications see CV
- 2019. Magnetic Effects of Plasma Pressure Gradients in the Upper F Region. Geophysical Research Letters. 46: 2355-2363. doi: 10.1029/2019GL081980
- 2018. The physical foundation of the reconnection electric field. Physics of Plasmas. 25:032901: 1-7. doi: 10.1063/1.5021461
- 2018. Estimating the Rate of Cessation of Magnetospheric Activity in AMPERE Field‐Aligned Currents. Geophysical Research Letters. 45: 12713-12719. doi: 10.1029/2018GL080631
- 2018. The Critical Role of the Research Community in Space Weather Planning and Execution. Space Weather: The international journal of research and applications. 16. doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/ 2017SW001778