Thomas Bernhard Trautner
- Visitor AddressHIB - Thormøhlens gate 555006 Bergen
- Postal AddressPostboks 78035020 Bergen
Thomas works as university lecturer in the Visualization Research Group at the Department of Informatics of the University of Bergen, Norway. He received his bachelor’s degree (2016) and master’s degree (2018), both in (Media Informatics and) Visual Computing, from TU Wien, Austria. In 2022, he received his PhD degree in Visualization from the University of Bergen, Norway. He is a member of IEEE (Membership, Young Professionals, Computer Society Membership) and EG (Eurographics).
His research focuses on combining proven and well-established visualization techniques, so-called “Visualization Hybridization”, using spatialization cues. The aim is to maximize the benefits of individual techniques while simultaneously eliminating potential drawbacks. Using implicit visual encodings, such as spatial perception, this results in novel visualization techniques that are superior to their predecessors.
2023 Spring: INF252 / Visualization
2022 Fall: INF251 / Computer Graphics
2022 Spring: INF250 / Foundations of data-oriented visual computing
2021 Fall: INF251 / Computer Graphics
2021 Spring: INF250 / Foundations of data-oriented visual computing
2020 Fall: INF251 / Computer Graphics
2020 Spring: INF112 / Introduction to Systems Development
2019 Fall: INF102 / Algorithms, Data Structures and Programming
- (2021). Line Weaver: Importance-Driven Order Enhanced Rendering of Dense Line Charts. Computer Graphics Forum. 399-410.
- (2020). Sunspot plots: Model-based structure enhancement for dense scatter plots. Computer Graphics Forum. 551-563.
- (2019). Analysis of Long Molecular Dynamics Simulations Using Interactive Focus+Context Visualization. Computer Graphics Forum. 441-453.
- (2022). Honeycomb Plots: Visual Enhancements for Hexagonal Maps . 9 pages.
More information in national current research information system (CRIStin)
Up-to-date publication list available at: https://vis.uib.no/team/thomas-trautner/