Tomasz Stokowy holds a MSc in automatic control and robotics (2009) and a PhD (2013), both from the Silesian University of Technology, Gliwice, Poland. Currently works in IT Division at University of Bergen, leading Scientific Computing Group. The group provides products, services and advanced user support in the field of high performance computing, supercomputer infrastructure and Norwegian resources for scientific data.
Published more than 50 scientific articles decidated to medical informatics, especially in the fields of oncology and human genetics.
- (2021). imPlatelet classifier: image-converted RNA biomarker profiles enable blood-based cancer diagnostics. Molecular Oncology. 2688-2701.
- (2021). Transcriptomic landscape of blood platelets in healthy donors. Scientific Reports.
- (2021). Reduced expression of innate immunity-related genes in lymph node metastases of luminal breast cancer patients. Scientific Reports.
- (2021). Reduced expression of OXPHOS and DNA damage genes is linked to protection from microvascular complications in long-term type 1 diabetes: the PROLONG study. Scientific Reports.
- (2021). Phosphatidylserine receptors enhance SARS-CoV-2 infection. PLoS Pathogens.
- (2021). Patient-derived organoids reflect the genetic profile of endometrial tumors and predict patient prognosis. Communications Medicine. 1-14.
- (2021). Heat shock factor 1 (Hsf1) cooperates with estrogen receptor α (erα) in the regulation of estrogen action in breast cancer cells. eLIFE. 1-71.
- (2021). Diagnostic accuracy of liquid biopsy in endometrial cancer. Cancers.
- (2020). Proteome and Phosphoproteome Changes Associated with Prognosis in Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Cancers.
- (2020). Familial infertility (Azoospermia and cryptozoospermia) in two brothers—carriers of t(1;7) complex chromosomal rearrangement (ccr): Molecular cytogenetic analysis. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 1-18.
- (2020). Clinical features and molecular genetics of patients with ABCA4-retinal dystrophies. Acta Ophthalmologica. 1-14.
- (2020). Characterization of CEL-DUP2: Complete duplication of the carboxyl ester lipase gene is unlikely to influence risk of chronic pancreatitis. Pancreatology (Print). 377-384.
- (2020). Accuracy and efficiency of germline variant calling pipelines for human genome data. Scientific Reports. 1-12.
- (2019). The role of NF-κB transcription factor in cellular response to ionizing radiation. Biopolymers and Cell. 183.
- (2019). The Discovery of a LEMD2-Associated Nuclear Envelopathy with Early Progeroid Appearance Suggests Advanced Applications for AI-Driven Facial Phenotyping. American Journal of Human Genetics. 749-757.
- (2019). Spectrum of epithelial-mesenchymal transition phenotypes in circulating tumour cells from early breast cancer patients. Cancers.
- (2019). Proteome and phosphoproteome changes associated with prognosis in acute myeloid leukemia. bioRxiv - the preprint server for biology.
- (2019). Predictive value of angiogenic proteins in patients with metastatic melanoma treated with bevacizumab monotherapy. The journal of pathology. Clinical research. 53-62.
- (2019). Novel mutations segregating with complete androgen insensitivity syndrome and their molecular characteristics. International Journal of Molecular Sciences.
- (2019). NF-kappa B signaling-related signatures are connected with the mesenchymal phenotype of circulating tumor cells in non-metastatic breast cancer. Cancers. 1-12.
- (2019). Holocene mass movements in west and mid-Norwegian fjords and lakes. Marine Geology. 192-212.
- (2019). Genetic variation in metronidazole metabolism and oxidative stress pathways in clinical giardia lamblia assemblage A and B isolates. Infection and Drug Resistance. 1221-1235.
- (2019). Exome sequencing in routine diagnostics: A generic test for 254 patients with primary immunodeficiencies. Genome Medicine. 1-15.
- (2019). 17β-estradiol activates HSF1 via MAPK signaling in erα-positive breast cancer cells. Cancers. 1-14.
- (2018). Screening for viral nucleic acids in vestibular schwannoma. Journal of Neurovirology. 730-737.
- (2018). SPEN protein expression and interactions with chromatin in mouse testicular cells. Reproduction. 195-206.
- (2018). RRAD, IL4I1, CDKN1A, and SERPINE1 genes are potentially co-regulated by NF-?B and p53 transcription factors in cells exposed to high doses of ionizing radiation. BMC Genomics. 813.
- (2018). Pro-inflammatory cytokine and high doses of ionizing radiation have similar effects on the expression of NF-kappaB-dependent genes. Cellular Signalling. 23-31.
- (2018). MiR-192 and miR-662 enhance chemoresistance and invasiveness of squamous cell lung carcinoma. Lung Cancer. 111-118.
- (2018). Genetic variation in 117 myelination-related genes in schizophrenia: Replication of association to lipid biosynthesis genes. Scientific Reports. 1-8.
- (2018). Comparison of three variant callers for human whole genome sequencing. Scientific Reports. 1-6.
- (2018). Blood steroids are associated with prognosis and fat distribution in endometrial cancer. Gynecologic Oncology. 46-52.
- (2018). Aggressive Phenotype of Cells Disseminated via Hematogenous and Lymphatic Route in Breast Cancer Patients. Translational Oncology. 722-731.
- (2018). A tyrosine kinase-activating variant Asn666Ser in PDGFRB causes a progeria-like condition in the severe end of Penttinen syndrome. European Journal of Human Genetics.
- (2017). Sensitivity of next-generation sequencing metagenomic analysis for detection of RNA and DNA viruses in cerebrospinal fluid: The confounding effect of background contamination. Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology. 53-62.
- (2017). Gene expression (mRNA) markers for differentiating between malignant and benign follicular thyroid tumours. International Journal of Molecular Sciences.
- (2017). Duplicated enhancer region increases expression of CTSB and segregates with keratolytic winter erythema in South African and Norwegian families. American Journal of Human Genetics. 737-750.
- (2017). Differences in the transcriptome of medullary thyroid cancer regarding the status and type of RET gene mutations. Scientific Reports. 1-11.
- (2017). BRCA testing by single-molecule molecular inversion probes. Clinical Chemistry. 503-512.
- (2016). Two-miRNA classifiers differentiate mutation-negative follicular thyroid carcinomas and follicular thyroid adenomas in fine needle aspirations with high specificity. Endocrine. 440-447.
- (2016). Somatic mutation profiling of follicular thyroid cancer by next generation sequencing. Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology. 130-137.
- (2016). RareVariantVis: New tool for visualization of causative variants in rare monogenic disorders using whole genome sequencing data. Bioinformatics. 3018-3020.
- (2016). Differences in miRNA and mRNA Profile of Papillary Thyroid Cancer Variants. International Journal of Endocrinology. 1-10.
- (2015). Cross talk between cytokine and hyperthermia-induced pathways: identification of different subsets of NF-κB-dependent genes regulated by TNFα and heat shock. Molecular Genetics and Genomics. 1979-1990.
- (2015). A two miRNA classifier differentiates follicular thyroid carcinomas from follicular thyroid adenomas. Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology. 43-49.
- (2014). Crosstalk between HSF1 and HSF2 during the heat shock response in mouse testes. International Journal of Biochemistry and Cell Biology. 76-83.
- (2015). Next-generation sequencing (NGS) in the identification of encephalitis-causing viruses: Unexpected detection of human herpesvirus 1 while searching for RNA pathogens. Journal of Virological Methods. 1-6.
Deep sequencing in biomedicine;
NORMENT - Norwegian Center for Mental Disorders Research;
Discovery of causative variants in rare genetic disorders;