Tonje Haugland Sørensen
- Phone+47 55 58 22 86
- Visitor AddressHF-bygget, Sydnesplassen 7Room512
- Postal AddressPostboks 78055020 Bergen
My name is Tonje Haugland Sørensen, and I am currently attached to the department as a postdoctoral fellow. My project, tentatively named Overview - the art of the aerial concerns itself with the aerial perspective in a broad cultural context, but with a particular focus on perception and the visual in modern warfare. I work within the fields of Art and Visual Culture, with a particular focus on the reception of History and Historiography. My PhD, The Second World War in Norwegian film : the topography of remembrance concerned itself with Norwegian cinematic productions about WW2. An important part of my work and interests relates to Norwegian and German art in the nineteenth and early twentieth century.
- Sørensen, Tonje Haugland. 2019. “Å konstruere et klassisk landskap. Refleksjoner rundt det neo-klassiske Athen» i Arr, vol 31 (1-2), p xx-xx.
- Sørensen, Tonje Haugland. 2019. “Proudly Peripheral” in Visual Resources, vol 11 (3).
- Sørensen, Tonje Haugland. 2018. “The Trails of Memory? Remembering the Heavy Water Raid in Norway” in Journal of War and Culture Studies, vol 11(3), p 240-254.
- Sørensen, Tonje Haugland. 2016. “Memory, Mosaics and the Monarch – The Neo-Byzantine Mosaics in Kaiser Wilhelms-Gedächtniskirche” in Smythe, Dion C. & Marciniak, Przemyslaw (Eds.). 2016. The reception of Byzantium in European Culture since 1500. Farnham: Ashgate.
- Sørensen, Tonje Haugland. 2015. “Å beherske luftrommet – Fallskjermhopperen. Slagfeltet og krigens vertikalitet” I Ekfrase, vol. 6, no 2 s, 97-108.
- Sørensen, Tonje Haugland. 2015. The Second World War in Norwegian film : the topography of remembrance. Doctoral thesis, University of Bergen.