- (2023). Training of medical students in the use of emergency whole blood collection and transfusion in the framework of a civilian walking blood. Transfusion. S60-S66.
- (2023). In vitro quality of cold and delayed cold-stored platelet concentrates from interim platelet units during storage for 21 days. Vox Sanguinis. 463-470.
- (2023). Current transfusion practice and need for new blood products to ensure blood supply for patients with major hemorrhage in Europe. Transfusion. S105-S111.
- (2022). Updated total IgE reference intervals in Norwegian adults. Immunity,Inflammation and Disease.
- (2022). The Norwegian blood preparedness project: A whole blood program including civilian walking blood banks for early treatment of patients with life-threatening bleeding in municipal health care services, ambulance services, and rural hospitals. Transfusion. S22-S29.
- (2022). International Society of Blood Transfusion survey of experiences of blood banks and transfusion services during the COVID-19 pandemic. Vox Sanguinis.
- (2022). In vitro quality and hemostatic function of cold-stored CPDA-1 whole blood after repeated transient exposure to 28°C storage temperature. Transfusion. S105-S113.
- (2022). Implementation of a low-titre whole blood transfusion program in a civilian helicopter emergency medical service. Scandinavian Journal of Trauma, Resuscitation and Emergency Medicine. 1-10.
- (2022). Implementation of a dual platelet inventory in a tertiary hospital during the COVID-19 pandemic enabling cold-stored apheresis platelets for treatment of actively bleeding patients. Transfusion. S193-S202.
- (2022). Blood donor eligibility criteria for medical conditions: A BEST collaborative study. Vox Sanguinis. 929-936.
- (2021). Prehospital Whole Blood Transfusion Programs in Norway. Transfusion Medicine and Hemotherapy. 324-330.
- (2021). Effect of leukoreduction and temperature on risk of bacterial growth in CPDA-1 whole blood: A study of Escherichia coli. Transfusion. S80-S89.
- (2021). Civilian walking blood bank emergency preparedness plan. Transfusion. S313-S325.
- (2021). A whole blood based resuscitation strategy in civilian medical services: Experience from a Norwegian hospital in the period 2017–2020. Transfusion. S22-S31.
- (2020). Trends in platelet distributions from 2008 to 2017: a survey of twelve national and regional blood collectors. Vox Sanguinis. 703-711.
- (2020). Red-blood-cell alloimmunization and prophylactic antigen matching for transfusion in patients with warm autoantibodies. Vox Sanguinis. 515-524.
- (2020). Cold-stored whole blood in a Norwegian emergency helicopter service: an observational study on storage conditions and product quality. Transfusion. 1544-1551.
- (2020). Cold-stored leukoreduced CPDA-1 whole blood: in vitro quality and hemostatic properties. Transfusion. 1042-1049.
- (2020). A pilot trial of platelets stored cold versus at room temperature for complex cardiothoracic surgery. Anesthesiology. 1173-1183.
- (2019). Not all red cell concentrate units are equivalent: international survey of processing and in vitro quality data. Vox Sanguinis. 783-794.
- (2019). Multiple electrode aggregometry and thromboelastography in thrombocytopenic patients with haematological malignancies. Blood Transfusion. 181-190.
- (2019). In vitro quality and platelet function of cold and delayed cold storage of apheresis platelet concentrates in platelet additive solution for 21 days. Transfusion. 2652-2661.
- (2019). Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis in Farmers: Improving Etiologic Diagnosis to Optimize Counselling. Journal of Agromedicine. 1-8.
- (2019). How do I get an emergency civilian walking blood bank running? Transfusion. 1446-1452.
- (2019). Enhanced T-lymphocyte infiltration in a desmoid tumor of the thoracic wall in a young woman treated with intratumoral injections of the oncolytic peptide LTX-315: A case report. Journal of Medical Case Reports. 1-8.
- (2018). Preparation of leukoreduced whole blood for transfusion in austere environments; effects of forced filtration, storage agitation, and high temperatures on hemostatic function. Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery. S93-S103.
- (2018). Massive transfusion: changing practice in a single Norwegian centre 2002?2015. Transfusion Medicine. 357-362.
- (2018). Immediate effects of blood donation on physical and cognitive performance-A randomized controlled double-blinded trial. Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery. S125-S131.
- (2017). Thromboelastography may predict risk of grade 2 bleeding in thrombocytopenic patients. Vox Sanguinis. 578-585.
- (2017). An international survey on the role of the hospital transfusion committee. Transfusion. 1280-1287.
- (2017). An international investigation into O red blood cell unit administration in hospitals: the GRoup O Utilization Patterns (GROUP) study. Transfusion. 2329-2337.
- (2016). Detection of specific immunoglobulin e antibodies toward common airborne allergens, peanut, wheat, and latex in solvent/detergent-treated pooled plasma. Transfusion. 1185-1191.
- (2015). Coagulation function of stored whole blood is preserved for 14 days in austere conditions: A ROTEM feasibility study during a Norwegian antipiracy mission and comparison to equal ratio reconstituted blood. Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery. S31-S38.
- (2014). Comparison of in vitro responses to fresh whole blood and reconstituted whole blood after collagen stimulation. Blood Transfusion. 50-55.
- (2012). The effects of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors on platelet function in whole blood and platelet concentrates. Platelets. 299-308.
- (2011). A prospective observational study of the effect of platelet transfusions on levels of platelet-derived cytokines, chemokines and interleukins in acute leukaemia patients with severe chemotherapy-induced cytopenia. European Cytokine Network. 52-62.
- (2010). Therapeutic efficacy of platelet transfusion in patients with acute leukemia: an evaluation of methods. Transfusion. 766-775.
- (2010). The Mirasol (R) Pathogen Reduction Technology system and quality of platelets stored in platelet additive solution. Blood Transfusion. 186-192.
- (2009). Therapeutic efficacy of platelet transfusion in patients with acute leukemia: an evaluation of methods. Transfusion.
- (2007). In vitro evaluation of platelet concentrates during storage: platelet counts and markers of platelet destruction. Transfusion and Apheresis Science. 261-268.
- (2007). In vitro evaluation of metabolic changes and residual platelet responsiveness in photochemical treated and gamma-irradiated single-donor platelet concentrates during long-term storage. Transfusion. 653-665.
- (2010). Current debate on pathogen inactivation of platelet concentrates - To use or not to use? Transfusion and Apheresis Science. 411-414.
Reader opinion piece
- (2010). Platelet transfusion in acute leukemia patients with severe chemotherapy-induced thrombocytopenia: the possible importance of hemoglobin levels and red blood cell transfusions for evaluation of clinical effects of transfusion. Transfusion. 2505-2506.
- (2020). Tryptase, en biomarkør til støtte for den kliniske diagnosen anafylaksi. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
- (2018). Emergency sternal intraosseous access for warm fresh whole blood transfusion in damage control resuscitation. Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery. S120-S124.
- (2010). Evaluation of platelet quality and clinical effect of platelet transfusion.
Academic literature review
- (2023). Cold-stored platelets for acute bleeding in cardiac surgical patients: a narrative review. Canadian Journal of Anesthesia. 1682-1700.
- (2021). Estimating the within-subject (CVI) and between-subject (CVG) biological variation of serum tryptase . Immunity,Inflammation and Disease. 1-7.
- (2020). Re-introducing whole blood for transfusion: considerations for blood providers. Vox Sanguinis. 1-8.
- (2020). Effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on supply and use of blood for transfusion. The Lancet Haematology. 1-9.
- (2019). Platelet functionality in cold-stored whole blood. ISBT Science Series.
- (2018). A methodological review of the quality of reporting of surveys in transfusion medicine. Transfusion. 2720-2727.
- (2016). Transfusion reactions: prevention, diagnosis, and treatment. The Lancet. 2825-2836.
- (2012). Benchmarking: applications to transfusion medicine. Transfusion Medicine Reviews. 321-332.
- (2011). Current practice and future directions for optimization of platelet transfusions in patients with severe therapy-induced cytopenia. Blood reviews. 113-122.
Article in business/trade/industry journal
- (2020). How do I implement a whole blood–based blood preparedness program in a small rural hospital? Transfusion. 1-8.