- (2023). Identification of biomarkers for glycaemic deterioration in type 2 diabetes. Nature Communications.
- (2022). Spatial Environment Affects HNF4A Mutation-Specific Proteome Signatures and Cellular Morphology in hiPSC-Derived β-Like Cells. Diabetes. 862-869.
- (2022). Neuronal Dysfunction Is Linked to the Famine-Associated Risk of Proliferative Retinopathy in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes. Frontiers in Neuroscience. 12 pages.
- (2022). Impaired activation of STAT5 upon IL-2 stimulation in Tregs and elevated sIL-2R in Sjögren’s syndrome. Arthritis Research & Therapy. 12 pages.
- (2021). Starvation to Glucose Reprograms Development of Neurovascular Unit in Embryonic Retinal Cells. Frontiers in Cell and Developmental Biology.
- (2021). Replication and cross-validation of type 2 diabetes subtypes based on clinical variables: an IMI-RHAPSODY study. Diabetologia. 1982-1989.
- (2021). Reduced expression of OXPHOS and DNA damage genes is linked to protection from microvascular complications in long-term type 1 diabetes: the PROLONG study. Scientific Reports.
- (2021). Perinatal famine is associated with excess risk of proliferative retinopathy in patients with type 2 diabetes. Acta Ophthalmologica.
- (2021). Novel Reclassification of Adult Diabetes Is Useful to Distinguish Stages of β-Cell Function Linked to the Risk of Vascular Complications: The DOLCE Study From Northern Ukraine. Frontiers in Genetics. 11 pages.
- (2021). Distinct Molecular Signatures of Clinical Clusters in People With Type 2 Diabetes: An IMI-RHAPSODY Study. Diabetes. 2683-2693.
- (2020). Liver nucleotide biosynthesis is linked to protection from vascular complications in individuals with long-term type 1 diabetes. Scientific Reports. 1-12.
- (2020). Koble. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
- (2020). Increased Plasma Soluble Interleukin-2 Receptor Alpha Levels in Patients With Long-Term Type 1 Diabetes With Vascular Complications Associated With IL2RA and PTPN2 Gene Polymorphisms. Frontiers in Endocrinology. 1-13.
- (2019). Multiethnic genome-wide association study of diabetic retinopathy using liability threshold modeling of duration of diabetes and glycemic control. Diabetes. 441-456.
- (2018). A genome-wide association study of diabetic kidney disease in subjects with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes. 1414-1427.
- (2017). Sense of Coherence is associated with LDL-cholesterol in patients with type 1 diabetes - The PROLONG-Steno study. Journal of Clinical and Translational Endocrinology. 1-5.
- (2013). Assessing the phenotypic effects in the general population of rare variants in genes for a dominant Mendelian form of diabetes. Nature Genetics. 1380-1385.
- (2011). FTO, type 2 diabetes, and weight gain throughout adult life A meta-analysis of 41,504 subjects from the Scandinavian HUNT, MDC, and MPP studies. Diabetes. 1637-1644.
- (2008). Genetic analysis of recently identified type 2 diabetes loci in 1,638 unselected patients with type 2 diabetes and 1,858 control participants from a Norwegian population-based cohort (the HUNT study). Diabetologia. 971-977.
Academic literature review
- (2023). Genetics of diabetes-associated microvascular complications. Diabetologia. 1601-1613.
- (2009). Underlying Genetic Models of Inheritance in Established Type 2 Diabetes Associations. American Journal of Epidemiology. 537-545.
Fields of competence