- Phone+47 55 58 44 32
- Visitor AddressThormøhlens gate 53 A/B5006 Bergen
- Postal AddressPostboks 78035020 Bergen
I am a Ph.D student and researcher working in the Deep Sea Biology Research group.
I have a master degree from Centre of Excellence in Geobiology (UiB) where I characterized the novel bacterial species, Marinitoga arctica isolated from a hydrothermal vent chimney at the Soria Moria vent field.
My Ph.D project focuses on enzyme discoveries and pioneering research related to the hydrothermal vent microbiota. My work focuses on characterization of novel proteases sourced from the metagenomic data of hydrothermal vent microbes. I also focus on the biotechnological potential of these enzymes.
I am a part of the INDEPTH - Life at the limits project team: https://indepth.ug.edu.pl/team/.
Meltzer Project Grants for especially gifted students and Ph.D candidates 2021. "Normally, only the top 10% of students are considered to have “Meltzer quality”." Awarded 40 000 NOK project grant for use in my Ph.D project (https://meltzerfondet.w.uib.no/utdeling-2021/).
During my years at the University of Bergen, I have been appointed to:
2016/2017: Group B Member - Institute Board BIO, UiB
2020/2021: 2.nd substitute Group B Member - University Board, UiB
2021/2022: 2.nd substitute Group B Member - Institute Board BIO, UiB
- (2016). Marinitoga arctica sp. Nov., a thermophilic, anaerobic heterotroph isolated from a Mid-Ocean Ridge vent field. International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology. 5070-5076.
- (2020). Enzyme discovery from the edge of (sequence) space.
- (2020). Bringing deep-sea enzymes to light.
More information in national current research information system (CRIStin)