- 2016. Subjective Well-Being Among HIV-Positive South Africans: The Influence of Resilience and Social Capital. Social Indicators Research. 1-18.
- 2016. SUSTAINING MOTIVATION AMONG COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKERS IN AIDS CARE IN KWAZULU-NATAL, SOUTH AFRICA: CHALLENGES AND PROSPECTS. Journal of Community Psychology. 569-585.
- 2015. The associations between resilience, social capital and self-rated health among HIV-positive South Africans. Journal of Health Psychology. 1463-1473.
- 2015. MEASURING RESILIENCE AND ITS ASSOCIATION TO SOCIAL CAPITAL AMONG HIV-POSITIVE SOOUTH AFRICANS LIVING IN A CONTEXT OF ADVERSITY. Journal of Community Psychology. 832-848.
- 2014. Support groups for HIV-positive people in South Africa: Who joins, who does not, and why? African Journal of AIDS Research. 1-11.
- 2013. The associations between resilience, social capital and self-rated health among HIV-positive South Africans. Journal of Health Psychology.
- 2013. Perceived stress and burnout among volunteer caregivers working in AIDS care in South Africa. Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2738-2749.
- 2012. The social construction of identity in HIV/AIDS home-based care volunteers in rural KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. SAHARA-J: Journal of Social Aspects of HIV/AIDS. 113-126.
- 2012. Masculinity and HIV disclosure among heterosexual South African men: implications for HIV/AIDS intervention. Culture, Health and Sexuality. 925-940.
- 2008. Balancing between normality and social death: Black, rural, south African women coping with HIV/AIDS. Qualitative Health Research.
- 2007. The process of evaluating a capacity-building support initiative for HIV positive South Africans. Evaluation and Program Planning. 381-391.
Popular scientific lecture
- 2007. Hvordan kan en psykolog gjøre noe med HIV epidemien i Sør-Afrika?
- 2007. Crossing cultures: A Norwegian researcher in a South African setting.
- 2006. Hvordan kan en psykolog gjøre noe med HIV epidemien i Sør-Afrika?
- 2003. Å leve med HIV/AIDS i Sør-Afrika.
- 2012. The role of social capital in promoting community based care and support for people living with HIV/AIDS in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
- 2012. Harnessing communal resources in the era of AIDS – findings from KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
- 2011. Social capital, self-efficacy and participation in activities for communal benefit.
- 2009. Factors involved in successful HIV support groups.
- 2008. Shared learning and promotion of wellbeing: Limpopo, South Africa.
- 2008. Action, Change, Growth.
- 2008. A critical discussion of the role of social capital in promoting community based care and support for people living with HIV/AIDS in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
- 2007. Support groups: A resource for HIV/AIDS care and support policy. A report from the Limpopo province.
- 2007. Exploring perceptions and emotional burdens of HIV/AIDS health care workers.
- 2007. Community coping with HIV/AIDS- A Limpopo story.
- 2005. Evaluation of an HIV/Aids intervention in the Limpopo province, South Africa.
- 2003. Starting up a community based, participatory intervention program aimed at meeting the needs of HIV positive women and their families in the Limpopo province.
- 2001. Living with the virus- Experiences of HIV positive women in the Northern Province, South Africa.
Academic anthology/Conference proceedings
- 2011. Response-ability in the era of AIDS. Building social capital in community care and support. AFRICAN SUN MeDIA.
Thesis at a second degree level
- 2002. "I'M JUST LIKE ANYBODY" Balancing between normality and social death - South African women living with HIV/AIDS.
- 2007. Caring for those infected means caring for the future. A community based, participatory support inititative aimed at meeting the needs of HIV positive people in the Limpopo province of South Africa. no.74.
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- 2011. Spaces of response-ability: A mapping of community members’ perceptions of and participation in HIV/AIDS care and support activities. 25 pages.
- 2011. Introduction: The role of social capital in promoting community-based care and support for people living with HIV/AIDS in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. 22 pages.
- 2011. Improving the response-ability of people living with HIV/AIDS: Individual and group factors. 26 pages.
- 2011. Conclusions and visions: Building social capital in community care and support. 17 pages.
- 2007. Empowerment through participation: Experiences from a project on HIV/AIDS in South Africa. 9 pages.
- 2001. South African Women and HIV/AIDS. 13 pages.
- 2001. Psychology in a Cultural Context - Implications for Education. 8 pages.
- 2007. Improving HIV/AIDS care and support through community based action. Limpopo, 2002-2005.
- 2005. What do HIV positive people need from the Health Service, and do they get it? Some Limpopo health workers' perceptions.
- 2005. Translating needs into action. A community based, participatory project in the Limpopo province.
- 2004. Whose reality is at stake?
- 2003. I'm just like anybody - South African Women living with HIV/AIDS.
- 2004. AIDS Treatment Campaign.
- 2016. Norwegian Forum for Global Health Research. 10 years anniversary. "To make a difference in the world".
- 2008. Lærer å mestre livet med sykdommen. Apollon : Forskningsmagasin for Universitetet i Oslo. 42-43.