- Phone+47 55 58 48 49
- Visitor AddressAlrek helseklynge, blokk D, Årstadveien 175009 Bergen
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
- (2016). Subjective Well-Being Among HIV-Positive South Africans: The Influence of Resilience and Social Capital. Social Indicators Research. 1-18.
- (2016). SUSTAINING MOTIVATION AMONG COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKERS IN AIDS CARE IN KWAZULU-NATAL, SOUTH AFRICA: CHALLENGES AND PROSPECTS. Journal of Community Psychology. 569-585.
- (2015). The associations between resilience, social capital and self-rated health among HIV-positive South Africans. Journal of Health Psychology. 1463-1473.
- (2015). MEASURING RESILIENCE AND ITS ASSOCIATION TO SOCIAL CAPITAL AMONG HIV-POSITIVE SOOUTH AFRICANS LIVING IN A CONTEXT OF ADVERSITY. Journal of Community Psychology. 832-848.
- (2014). Support groups for HIV-positive people in South Africa: Who joins, who does not, and why? African Journal of AIDS Research. 1-11.
- (2013). The associations between resilience, social capital and self-rated health among HIV-positive South Africans. Journal of Health Psychology.
- (2013). Perceived stress and burnout among volunteer caregivers working in AIDS care in South Africa. Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2738-2749.
- (2012). The social construction of identity in HIV/AIDS home-based care volunteers in rural KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. SAHARA-J: Journal of Social Aspects of HIV/AIDS. 113-126.
- (2012). Masculinity and HIV disclosure among heterosexual South African men: implications for HIV/AIDS intervention. Culture, Health and Sexuality. 925-940.
- (2008). Balancing between normality and social death: Black, rural, south African women coping with HIV/AIDS. Qualitative Health Research.
- (2007). The process of evaluating a capacity-building support initiative for HIV positive South Africans. Evaluation and Program Planning. 381-391.
Popular scientific lecture
- (2007). Hvordan kan en psykolog gjøre noe med HIV epidemien i Sør-Afrika?
- (2007). Crossing cultures: A Norwegian researcher in a South African setting.
- (2006). Hvordan kan en psykolog gjøre noe med HIV epidemien i Sør-Afrika?
- (2003). Å leve med HIV/AIDS i Sør-Afrika.
- (2012). The role of social capital in promoting community based care and support for people living with HIV/AIDS in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
- (2012). Harnessing communal resources in the era of AIDS – findings from KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
- (2011). Social capital, self-efficacy and participation in activities for communal benefit.
- (2009). Factors involved in successful HIV support groups.
- (2008). Shared learning and promotion of wellbeing: Limpopo, South Africa.
- (2008). Action, Change, Growth.
- (2008). A critical discussion of the role of social capital in promoting community based care and support for people living with HIV/AIDS in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
- (2007). Support groups: A resource for HIV/AIDS care and support policy. A report from the Limpopo province.
- (2007). Exploring perceptions and emotional burdens of HIV/AIDS health care workers.
- (2007). Community coping with HIV/AIDS- A Limpopo story.
- (2005). Evaluation of an HIV/Aids intervention in the Limpopo province, South Africa.
- (2003). Starting up a community based, participatory intervention program aimed at meeting the needs of HIV positive women and their families in the Limpopo province.
- (2001). Living with the virus- Experiences of HIV positive women in the Northern Province, South Africa.
Academic anthology/Conference proceedings
- (2011). Response-ability in the era of AIDS. Building social capital in community care and support. AFRICAN SUN MeDIA.
Thesis at a second degree level
- (2002). "I'M JUST LIKE ANYBODY" Balancing between normality and social death - South African women living with HIV/AIDS.
- (2007). Caring for those infected means caring for the future. A community based, participatory support inititative aimed at meeting the needs of HIV positive people in the Limpopo province of South Africa. no.74.
Academic chapter/article/Conference paper
- (2011). Spaces of response-ability: A mapping of community members’ perceptions of and participation in HIV/AIDS care and support activities. 25 pages.
- (2011). Introduction: The role of social capital in promoting community-based care and support for people living with HIV/AIDS in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. 22 pages.
- (2011). Improving the response-ability of people living with HIV/AIDS: Individual and group factors. 26 pages.
- (2011). Conclusions and visions: Building social capital in community care and support. 17 pages.
- (2007). Empowerment through participation: Experiences from a project on HIV/AIDS in South Africa. 9 pages.
- (2001). South African Women and HIV/AIDS. 13 pages.
- (2001). Psychology in a Cultural Context - Implications for Education. 8 pages.
- (2007). Improving HIV/AIDS care and support through community based action. Limpopo, 2002-2005.
- (2005). What do HIV positive people need from the Health Service, and do they get it? Some Limpopo health workers' perceptions.
- (2005). Translating needs into action. A community based, participatory project in the Limpopo province.
- (2004). Whose reality is at stake?
- (2003). I'm just like anybody - South African Women living with HIV/AIDS.
- (2004). AIDS Treatment Campaign.
- (2016). Norwegian Forum for Global Health Research. 10 years anniversary. "To make a difference in the world".
- (2008). Lærer å mestre livet med sykdommen. Apollon : Forskningsmagasin for Universitetet i Oslo. 42-43.