Training and education
NORPAN's training focuses on improving our understanding of the coupled climate system in the present, past, and future and will establish an internationally recognized research-training environment for PhD candidates working in the realm of meteorology, atmosphere-ocean interactions and climate dynamics that can provide the participants with in-depth knowledge in their specific study field as well as training on interdisciplinary research. Furthermore, NORPAN will strive to internationalize research activities between Norway and Japan and provide the necessary platform for enhanced exchange and joint training among Norwegian and Japanese graduate students.
In order to strengthen the research training network, we will coordinate a wide range of activities, including
(1) short, intensive courses with international expert lecturers;
(2) Specialized workshops and summer schools;
(3) Support international exchange among the partners and promote outreach activities;
(4) Focus on network building and gender related issues;
(5) Strive for a sustained collaboration between the main partners the Bjerknes Centre for Climate Research in Norway and the Atmosphere Ocean Research Institute in Japan.