The University of Bergen is a member of several international networks, organisations and centres.
- Worldwide Universities Network - WUN is a leading global higher education and research network working together to drive international research collaboration and address issues of global significance.
For questions regarding WUN please contact email@example.com
- The Coimbra Group aims to influence European education and research policy and to develop best practice through the mutual exchange of experience.
At the 2022 Coimbra Group Annual Conference in Padova, UiB Rector Margareth Hagen was elected to the Rectors` Advisory Group.
For questions regarding the Coimbra Group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Utrecht Network mission is to share best practice and enhance the internationalisation process for both students and staff.
For questions regarding the Utrecht Network please contact email@example.com
- The University of the Arctic is concerned with education and research in and about the North. It`s members share resources, facilities and expertise to do research and build post-secondary education programs that are relevant and accessible to students and researchers.
For questions regarding the University of the Arctic please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The International Science Council - ISC The Council’s activities focus on three principal areas of work: Science-for-policy, Policy-for-science and Scientific freedom. The Council’s activities include global sustainability, poverty, urban health and wellbeing and disaster risk reduction, to data, observing systems and science advice to governments.
For questions regarding ISC please contact email@example.com
- Scholars at Risk - SAR protects scholars suffering grave threats to their lives, liberty and well-being by arranging temporary research and teaching positions at institutions in our network as well as by providing advisory and referral services.
For questions regarding SAR please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sustainable Development Solutions Network - SDSN promotes integrated approaches to implement the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Agreement on Climate Change, through education, research, policy analysis, and global cooperation.
For questions regarding SDSN please contact email@example.com
- International Association of Universities - IAU is a membership-based organisation serving the global higher education community through expertise & trends analysis, publications & portals, advisory services, peer-to-peer learning, events and global advocacy.
For questions regarding IAU please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- CLACSO - The Latin American Council of Social Sciences is an international non-governmental institution with associative status in UNESCO. Currently, it brings together 806 research and postgraduate centers in the field of social sciences and humanities in 51 countries in Latin America and other continents.
For questions regarding CLACSO please contact email@example.com
- The Institute of International Education - Scholar Rescue Fund is an independent not-for-profit organisation that has participated in the rescue of persecuted scholars since its founding in 1919. In 2002, IIE launched the Scholar Rescue Fund (IIE-SRF) to formalize its commitment to protecting the lives, voices, and ideas of scholars around the globe.
For questions regarding IIE-SRF please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Peder Sather Center for Advanced Studies at the University of Berkeley primary mission is to strengthen ongoing research collaborations and foster the development of new research collaborations between faculty at the University of California, Berkeley and from the consortium of eight participating Norwegian academic institutions.
For questions regarding the Peder Sather Center please contact email@example.com
- The Inter-University Centre Dubrovnik in Croatia is an independent, autonomous academic institution with a mission to promote international co-operation between academic institutions throughout the world.
For questions regarding the Inter-University Centre Dubrovnik please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Nordic Centre India - NCI has leading expertise on higher education and research in India. It is a resource for promoting Nordic research in India and to assits its members in collaboration with Indian higher education and research institutions.
For questions regarding NCI please contact email@example.com
- The Nordic Institute for Asian Studies - NIAS is an academically independent Nordic research and resource centre, focusing on contemporary Asia primarily from a social science perspective.
For questions regarding the Nordic Institute for Asian Studies please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Nordic Institute of Athens - NIA connects the Norwegian and Greek academic communities and is dedicated to teaching, research and dissemination of scientific results related to humanities and social sciences. Its particular focus is on the cultural heritage, history and archaeology of Greece and the Mediterranean.
For questions regarding NIA please contact email@example.com
- The Southern African-Nordic Centre - SANORD is designed to further academic cooperation between the Southern African and Nordic regions, and to strengthen the capacity of all member institutions to address local and global challenges of innovation and development.
For questions regarding SANORD please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Nordic Centre China helps to establish contact between students and researchers at Nordic and Chinese academic institutions to promote collaboration in higher education and research. The centre also facilitates researcher exchange.
For questions regarding Nordic Centre China please contact email@example.com
- UiB - Makerere Collaboration Programme is a collaboration between Makerere University and the University of Bergen. The two universities partner in joint research and teaching, as well as exchange of staff and graduate students.
For questions regarding the UiB-Makerere Collaboration Programme please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The University of Washington (UW) and Memorial University of Newfoundland (MUN) collaboration with the University of Bergen offers researcher and PhD student exchanges.
For questions regarding the UW and MUN collaboration with UiB please contact email@example.com