Welcome to the Arctic Seismic Data Laboratory
The Arctic Seismic Data Laboratory conducts geoscience research in arctic environments. The research has a wide array of practical uses such as characterization of subsurface arctic geology, mapping of potential natural resources, and the planning and monitoring of CO2 injections for long-term storage. Much of the group's research is conducted in collaboration with The University Centre in Svalbard (UNIS).
Relevant research topics covered in the Arctic Seismic Data Laboratory include
- Seismic acquisition in arctic environments
- Processing of arctic seismic data
- Studies of the environmental impact resulting from arctic seismic exploration
- Rock physics modelling and AVO studies of data obtained in arctic environments and the Barents Sea
- Geological and geophysical mapping of arctic environments and the Barents Sea
More information about ongoing reserach projects can be found under the "Research" pull-down menu.