SURE-Farm aims to analyze, assess and improve the resilience and sustainability of farms and farming systems in the EU.
- Project title: Towards SUstainable and REsilient EU FARMing systems (SURE-Farm)
- Project webpage: https://surefarmproject.eu/
- Funding: Horizon2020
- Duration: June 1st 2017 – May 31st 2021
- Project coordinator: Wageningen University & Research.
- Partners involved: The consortium comprises of 16 partners distributed over 13 European countries.
SURE-Farm aims to analyze, assess and improve the resilience and sustainability of farms and farming systems in the EU. For this purpose, SURE-Farm creates scenarios and a novel and comprehensive resilience-enabling framework, develops a set of advanced risk assessment and management tools as well as an improved demographic assessment model and a resilience assessment tool for policies, and in conjunction with stakeholders, co-creates and applies an integrated resilience assessment model and co-designs implementation roadmaps.
Contribution system dynamics group, UiB
The main work of the UiB team is on the integrated assessment of resilience using a variety of modeling tools. Specifically, we develop a simulation model and high level interactive flight simulator that can be used to communicate the main insights gained from the 11 case studies.