Through the Bergen Geoanalytical Facility, we are able to measure:
- major and trace elements in solutions and solids using IC, ICP-OES, ICP-MS, laser ablation ICP-MS and XRF (ICP lab)
- light stable isotopes (H, C, N, O, S) in solids, gasses and fluids using EA-IRMS and GC-IRMS (FARlab)
- radiogenic (Sr, Nd, Hf, Pb) and heavy stable isotopes (Fe, Cu, Zn) using a multi-collector ICP-MS (ICP lab) and TIMS (TIMS lab)
- dissolved inorganic gasses (H2, CO2, CO) and organic compounds using gas chromatography (Biogeochemistry lab)
- microbial sulfate reduction rates using radioactive sulfate tracer (35S) (Isotope preparation lab)
In addition, we have extensive sample preparation facilities to our availability, including a class 1000 (ISO 6) clean laboratory, sample crushing rooms and thin section laboratory.
We also have access to the electron microscopes of the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences and the sediment laboratory Earthlab with XRD and core scanning equipment.